Codemasters shows gameplay trailer F1 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Codemasters has released a new F1 2018 trailer and is showing gameplay. In other videos, the studio gives more details about the game.  Codemasters states that F1 2018 is graphically a big step for...

Codemasters shows gameplay trailer F1 2018

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Let me guess. They'll spit it out, then abandon it and people who report game-breaking issues will be told "wait for F1 2019"...

Right? It's been happening since F1 2010.

3. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Used to spend countless hours doing full race weekends on 2010 with my old trusty g25, but the yearly cycle has unfortunately made me lose quite a bit of interest in this game.

4. Tripkebab

Tripkebab Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    My wife works in IT Recruitment. She placed somebody at Codemasters. They never paid the recruitment fee. Says alot about the company as a whole.

5. Kaltern

Kaltern Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 Super
    And of course, no VR support, even though this is crying out for it. It's a shame... I kinda like the series, it has improved greatly every year, but there are always fundamental bugs that ruin the game - I mean the safety car bug has been around since the feature was introduced, and it STILL hasn't been addressed - and it's a game breaking problem.

I AM quietly optimistic about the AI this time around.. looking at various demos I've seen, the AI seems to understand that it does not have a god given right to drive on the racing line.. although if that's the case in the released game we'll have to see...

6. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    I want a new GRID, and done properly this time like the first one. Not like that crappy thing called GRID 2.

7. StuST220

StuST220 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming
    My thoughts exactly, other than VR it looks like its a very complete package however I don't know if no VR is a deal breaker for me..?

8. Kaltern

Kaltern Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 Super
    I like the look of the new AI enough that I'll probably pick it up, but it's a crying shame this isn't embracing VR. I've driven F1 cars in VR and it's utterly exhilarating.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Wasn't "Grid Autosport" pretty much exactly that?