COD Modern Warfare2 Crash !!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nelsonica2007, Nov 11, 2009.

1. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    Hi . I got a core i7 3.5ghz, 6 gb ram ddr3, 2x 5870, Asus Deluxe motherboard.
    I got yesturday COD MD2 , i installed it and when i enter in the game it crashes after max 5 seconds, or it just blocks !!! I had WIN 7 64bit with ati 9.10 and 9.11beta drivers the same problem, today i installed Vista 64bit and also i tried bouth drivers the 9.10 and 9.11 beta and i get the same error !!!

What can be the problem?

I get simillar problems when i play Wolfenstein, first the sound crashes then it just stops, i have to rebot the computer. Also the video cards start to make a loud noise....

I have a source of 1050W and a creative soud blaster card ( latest drivers).

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Is that overclock you have on your CPU stable? Have you run it through Prime95 Small FFT's test. I used to get the same type of crash in some games. It ended up being that my overclock simply was not stable enough.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've heard some people on here say they have problems with this game when they overclock their GPU.

I've just had my PC shut down on me a few times when i play this and my CPU is overclocked, while the same overclock was fine for MW1, and Batman:AA, Borderlands.

Could well be that.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    +1 thats what i was thinking.
    also prime/ibt doesnt show if the oc is working 100%
    ive had plenty of times, it passed the test, then when i went for several hours of gaming it would crash.
    and it would really depend which game also, some games i had no problems at all, and some i crashed straight away.

5. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I have set my Core i7 to defaut ( i have a 940) , i get now into the game , it loads the first level and then the sound is gone. What is wrong with it? Now i dont have any sound in windows, i need to restart the computer again :(
    I got to this stage also when i had mt cpu at 3.5ghz but only once.
    When i oc my cpu to 3.5 i play Crysis with no problems.

6. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I have my evga gxt 260 216 896mb superclocked overclocked and runs fine. Remeber just cause your oc worked before don't meam it will with a new app. Some apps don't like any part of your system oc'ed. Try both games a stock, that will rule out the game. Then just simply back off your OC till the games become stable.

7. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I have disabled my Creative Sound Blaster card and enabled the one from the motherboard and i get the same crash with the cpu at default. Again it will not get intro the game, it crashes at the first video of the game !!!!!
    What can be the problem??

8. GabrielSans

GabrielSans Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
    I am 90% sure that Crossfire is your problem. Wait for the new Catalyst version or a hotfix released by ATI soon. Meanwhile, you could disable Crossfire (really you don't need two 5870 when MW2 is merely a directX9 game)

9. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    does your graphics card led turn red? that is what happen to me when my 4870x2 died

10. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I disabled crossfire and still the same problem ! The graphics card led does not turn red ! Only in this game i have a problem .

11. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    I had to put my E6700 CPU back to Stock to keep it from locking up. Overclocking the GPU hasn't caused any issues. Oddly my other games run fine with the CPU overclocked.

Gonna blow out the dust build up and see if it will take the overclock again.

12. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I installed Google earth and after 1 min of looking around on the map the computer restarted and the gpu fan started to spin up, the same thing like when i play games. Are the drivers not good? ATI YOU ARE KILLING ME !!!! i spent 700euros on 2 graphic cards and i can not use them 100% !!!! gggrrrrr

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    what drivers do you have installed ?

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    One thing you can try is completely remove that Creative Sound Card from your computer and uninstall it's drivers + use onboard sound.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeh but there are several 9.11 beta's :pc1:

16. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    Now i have 9.11 beta drivers but i am not sure if they are the latest ones. Can somebody pls tell me where to download the latest beta drivers? I am so upset that i can not play the game :( :(

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    W7 64bit with 9.11 here, crossfire on, game runs fine and performance is good played an hour straight.

since your card is the new 5870 i guess it must be some incompatibility, the card is new so thats to be expected, drivers related for sure.

it could be your PSU actually not providing proper power to the card, as soon as you run 3d games they crash or your pc reboots and in some cases even BSOD.

if the 1050w is some generic psu then it could be it.

18. nelsonica2007

nelsonica2007 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080ti
    I took the sound card out, uninstalled all it`s drivers and still the game crashes. then i took one 5870 out and still the same problem !!!! I am so angry now !! I don t think it is my psu because before i had 2 x 4870x2 crossfire witch consumed more power, no? and i did not have any problems.
    And i can play Crysis warhead at 1920x1200 8AA enthusiast settings with no problems and also i have my cpu to 3.5ghz and 2 x 5870 . must be the drivers, ATI WHAT ARE YOU DOING? i still thnk they are very very slow with the drivers, they must update them at least every 2 weeks ..

19. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I don't see how it could be your psu if your have it oc'ed @3.5 with crysis. If you were having a problem with the psu all games would should a problem not just one.

I would just whql drivers not betas. Just my opinon though. Make sure you properly uninstall an clean any and all drivers. Sounds like you either have a conflict or simply bad driver.

The game don't support sli or crossfire to my knowlodge.

20. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Make sure you look in your event viewer. It can usually tell you what is happening at the time of the crash/problem. There's usually some kind of error code, especially if your using win 7 or vista.