Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    At least that i know this specific thing is WIP because original game launched with slightly different system for volumetrics which quickly got switched to temporal one (you can still switch between both via config params).
    I assume there's some major performance concern behind this, especially on consoles so they don't bother with visuals as long as it runs better.

Supposedly it's still being worked on and improved - as it is now, there's even no direct control over resolution of each volumetric, just a global resolution multiplier between like 0 and 4 which is more of an artistic difference than a technical one.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Their "optimization" has made pop-in so facking bad, it's intolerable even when walking now... stuff popping in just infront of you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When they make such huge downgrades to the LOD system, cause the potato consoles cant run it otherwise, why the fack do they force these changes on pc aswell ?!?!

One thing would be if the lamps and lights were lower quality at further distances, and then changed to higher quality at close distance, but they straight up pop-up from thin air when you get close... it's completely immersion breaking for me.

Glad i played the game before it was downgraded so much... and again like with witcher 3, due to crappy consoles. But what i dont get is why pc version has to get downgraded aswell... doesn't make any facking sense.

Noisiv and Corrupt^ like this.
  3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    They removed or have reduced the NPC bumping feature, so if you get too close to NPCs, some of them will fade/disappear until there's a certain amount of distance between the player and the NPC again. Some people might confuse this for "pop in" or NPC spawning in and out. This was the change that was introduced in Patch 1.2

With that said, what I said above might not be what you're referring to. If your PC can handle it, you can use a max lod Mod.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Read what i wrote again (or at all) - no, it was not what i was referring to.

Max lod mod has several issues, and absolutely tanks fps. I just want lod to be as it was at launch.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I fail to see any difference between the two screenshots you posted. What did specifically pop in?
    Anyway, I noticed that my 3080 runs hotter than before after installing the update, I was around 63 degrees Celsius, now it's 68.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thank you CD Projekt and Cyberpunk. If not for anything else than for for carrying the technology torch.

But it seems that we have a new champion of light

7. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    All of their optimization efforts are pretty much 90% oriented towards getting the game anywhere near running stable on last-gens to finally get it back on PSN lol. PC is just getting shrapnels and will continue to do so until the game is considered acceptable on consoles and then remaining crew that hasn't been moved to producing new content can start tweaking the engine on per-platform basis to fine tune things.

It is what it is - it's a burning brothel situation and nobody even has time for any fine tuning. The game is losing sales on like 30% of the market for close to 5 months now.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I was fine with how the game was at launch... but this makes me not want to play it. I HATE games with a ton of pop-in.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I just don't understand why there's no slider to control it o_O

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Pffft.. control graphics.. what are we pc gamers?¿

Undying likes this.

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    And I urge you to reread what I said:

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Was the same in witcher 3 - hard locked, unless you modded it to just be at max LOD all the time.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    All lamps and lights on buildings pop in as you get closer now - as i also said in my first message (if anyone bothered to read). So if you look directly in the middle of the screenshots, what is present on one, but not on the other? Bingo, Lamps and lights.

But it's not limited to that - its everything that is considered an object, and not a part of the buildings... so stuff on the road, trash bags, containers, lamps, lights... you name it. I know some people are blind to these kinda things (evidently), but it's a thorn in my eye.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Code:
    [Rendering/MeshLoading]
    LoadingDelay = 0
    There maybe a few more settings that can/needs to be altered, but this is the only one I can remember from off the top of my head. Apply this by creating a user.ini in "engine\config\platform\pc" and see if it helps.

sertopico likes this.
  15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I read your message, no worries I don't look only at the images without reading the text. :D
    I think we focused on different details, that is why I did not see what you mentioned.

I loaded the two pics full res in order to compare them... Well the street light pole on the right is still there in both pics, most of the ads panels as well as neon lights (if not all) too, air conditioners mounted under the windows are still present... Yes, one neon light and two chinese like lamps are missing, but from what I remember the game always had a certain amount of popin since launch. What I noticed now is that shadows in interiors have a more aggressive lod distance than before, which sucks. The rest you mentioned has been popping in and out before as well... Maybe some of the soda cans trash on the floor also load in at a closer distance, but not all of them. Unfortunately in games like these we are always gonna get these issues, and the "optimization" process always gives some and takes some, it's ongoing and still not concluded. For instance, if they want to focus on having less pedestrians and cars popping in they have to reduce the amount of other objects present on screen, otherwise memory and performance issues will knock on the door. I understand your disappointment, we could get a bit more on PC, but right now I guess they are fully focused on making the game running decently on console, specially PS4. Maybe afterwards they will be able to add some more eye candy on PC. And honestly it still looks great even in the current situation.

16. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    @Dragam Seeing the exact same thing on my end, the pop-in is very noticeable now. I'm there with you it's very annoying, especially when driving around, it's much worse :mad:

Dragam1337 and Noisiv like this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Nah, it has deffo been changed - just looked up an old post of mine

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/c...s-cyberpunk-part-2.435771/page-8#post-5869344

As i write in this post, they used to look the same at any distance, then after patch 1.04 they looked normal up close, and glowed like crazy at further distances, and now with the latest patch, they just straight up disappear at further distances.

18. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    I found this settings mod helps a lot with LOD loading and pop-in. But it can cause some performance loss depending on your hardware.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/526

If you bought the game in GOG, you can also download previous versions of the game.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It drastically increases cpu load.

But sadly i have it on steam.

20. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Still no walk button. o_O