BenQ VZ2470H Has Slim Bezel Design

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    BenQ released the VZ2470H, a 23.8-Inch Full HD Monitor with a rather unique Slim Bezel Design. The 23.8-inch screen is based on an AMVA+ LED-backlight and thus has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 ...

BenQ VZ2470H Has Slim Bezel Design

2. perche24

perche24 Member

GPU:
    kfa2 1060 gtx
    that bezel design is similar at lg 23mp75 or 24mp76

[​IMG]

3. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    24inch? Who the hell buys these.
    I just used a 40Inch 4K monitor for the last 6 months.
    Never going back to these minuscule tablet screens.

It just sounds big, but its not.

50inch 4K monitor hast he same PPI like 25inch FHD monitor 88PPI
    So going up to 50 inch is not a problem pixelwise, it wont be noticeable

4. benq

benq Guest

GPU:
    You tried to troll and you failed.

Do you think that everybody can place more than 24" monitor on your room?

I have 24" and I can't more, and on my other room I can't more than 17". :pc1:

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    you're right, we should all have large TV's sitting on our desks. who the hell would buy a normal computer monitor? :rolleyes:

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Wasnt a troll, thats what I use.
    I cant imagine a "desk" of the size you was talking about, it more of a shelf?

7. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Why not? Bigger is better, you need to try it first.

I used to play console games and connect my PC to 55inch TV because gaming on PC monitor was too small.

I can understand console gamers, gaming on large TV is fun, but we can do it too, no need for cables or moving around, with 4K we can go as high as 50inch on our desk.

8. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Well most people use their PC at a desk, so less than 1 meter away from their monitor. Anything larger than 24-32'' and you'd get eyestrain looking at UI elements in games. I use a bigger TV to game on my console from my couch though. So yeah bigger is not better, it depends on the situation.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Largely agree with Mega. Bigger = more visual impact, greater immersion, more wow factor. My 27" is beginning to feel small. Looking at 32" monitors as my next upgrade. 40" seems a bit big for a monitor though, but will not rule it out. Placement is no problem when you consider vesa mounting.

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    So i have a ruler by my side been measuring my desk for a bigger monitor, so i measured the distance from my eyes to the monitor, its 86cm.
    Feels great. You just get used to it after a week 10 days
    Im sure if it wasnt 4K it would feel worse,i cant imagine using 32inch FHD as monitor.

11. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    most web sites are centered, so you rarely use the extremes of the monitor, and games and movies also made in such way that you usually look at the center, we dont really move our eyes all around during gameplay or while watching a movie

12. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    I bought myself a cheap AOC 32" 1920x1080 PVA screen for my desk to compliment my 15" IPS laptop screen.. At first I thought it would be to big as a monitor.. But I wanted it anyway because my bed is on the other side.. movie time..

For movies from bed it's kinda small but to work from it's REALLY convenient. I come home from work and plug my MSI GS60 6QE in and I have a fully operational gaming station that can play the latest games..

I tried another 24" after that because I broke one screen but it's nowhere near that convenient. Even though my 32" has only 1920x1080 pixels (which I chose to combine with the 970M laptop gpu with gaming) It's really fine to look at. I can barely see the pixels and the panel technology does fine close and far away.

I would recommend to anyone that has the space for it to have at least a 32" monitor when gaming and working.. It's honestly much more intense with gaming but also convenient when working or just browsing.

This AOC only cost me $225 in China. PVA screen technology if I remember well. Also had the IPS variant. IPS just sucks on blacks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016