Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jonerkinsella, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Avatar....The Last Airbender...any fans here ?.

Hi yawll.

ive searched the forums and i can't find any posts on this subject...im surprised.

''Avatar ,the last airbender'' is a series on nickelodeon. it is split into 3 books ''Water , Earth and Fire'' . each book has 20 episodes.

here is more info ,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender

it is aimed at the 7+ age group but has a very wide audience.
    I (@ 36yrs young ;-) ) am a major fan.

it all started when i watched an episode from book 1 (water) with my 7 yr old daughter called ''The blue spirit'' . something grabbed me right there. i had seen bits and pieces of episodes before then but never really put it together.

the plot and story are very well written and the character building is excellent.

i have always been a major fan of the origonal starwars trilogy but i feel that the last films did no justice to the story line, Avatar is a lot more complete and a hell of a lot more intresting imho.

i have seen all the episodes up to book 3 episode 13 ''The firebending masters'' and i am so itching for the final 7 episodes to be shown.

there is so much in the story that i want to see resolved and see how the show deals with some subjects. i dont really want to go into some of my theories on why certain questions are in the story as they may be spoilers to other's who may start watching the series , but one thing i am very intrested in see'ing resolved is this , in book 1 ,ep 20 '' The siege of the north, part 1'' ,when aang goes to the spirit world to see the face stealer choww (might be wrong name but its close) ,,how has choww got the face of the blue spirit ?. for people who are familiar with the series they will know that the blue spirit is a major character in the early episodes. i do not want to go into this question more here because i do not want any spoilers to the plot of the story to any future viewers.

anyhowzz ...... is there any fans here ?.

joner.

OHH , and toph rockzz.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Hell Yeah, i am a big Avatar fan, mostly Toph fan. i am kinda piss ep 14 will air in may since that when ep 14 comes out on dvd in book 3. Season 3 is the best season so far and too bad this is the last book because it was a great series.

3. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    ^^^ ''The boiling rock'' . its a 2 parter about ''The dragon of the west'' ...nudge nudge ; ;.

i cant wait.

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    It's a great show. I like watching it with the kids. Better than the Disney crap they usually wanna watch. Also, it gives them a sense of Shawscope, for people with short attention spans.

5. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    ^ Word!
    I'm 35 and am very much into Avatar...in fact, I've been thinking about writing Nickelodeon and telling them off for not having any new episodes!

I've not been this much into an animated series since Aeon Flux from LiquidTV...some of the most profound Nietzsche-esque parables/proverbs/morals/etc. came out of Trevor Goodchild's mouth. God(s) I miss that show!!

Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing. Visible forms are not inherent in the world, but are granted by the act of seeing. Though the world and events do exist independent of mind, they obtain of no meaning in themselves: none that the mind is not guilty of imposing on them. I bid my people follow, and like all good equations, they follow; for full endowment of purpose, they do submit - in turn, they resign me to a role inhuman, impossible, and unaccountable. - Trevor Goodchild

Peter Chung also did a short series of animated flix called Reign about Alexander the Great - *very* cool, but after the first episodes (DVD1), they lost the voice of Trevor Goodchild for Aristotle...shame, really - there's just something commanding, soothing and beautiful about his tonality, verbiage and articulation of words...

Psychlone

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Avatar is pretty good. On Nick, well I hate Nick, this is about the only show I like.

7. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    its decent imo. good cartoon, anime style and all

8. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    One of the few good American Anime shows. Yea, Toph is pretty sweet.

9. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    the team of avatar does have a buncha asians though.. that speak english.. and yes toph is pretty cool, i like her alot better than the fire nation chick

10. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    heres a good insight video on the actors and creaters.
    it also explains how the martial arts animation looks so right,
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=x4A4Oe_rrdY

ohh ps , i was half drunk last night so i have to edit some of the op because of errors.

11. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Very good show. However, I'm pissed because I have been waiting since January for a new episode.

12. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    It's one of the first cartoons I've been watching again since Bucky o' Hare. I tell you Avatar is Awesome, can't wait for the last season either. I think it's a very good thought out concept. The different worlds and weapons are awesome!

13. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    the boiling rock is out on the interweb thingy now.

ohh mama im all excited.

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I think I'll give this one a look see, if you lot think its good! I haven't seen a good cartoon in ages!

15. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    the boiling rock rockzz.

i didnt see the end of ep2 coming.

16. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    start at the start and watch ''book 1 ,water . the boy in the iceberg'' .

just give it a chance and you will start to get a feel for the story.

there are plenty of websites that show the whole series.

17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    can someone post some pix?( im to lazy lol ) but im interested in checking it out

18. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    I used to watch Pokemon when I was younger, anything like that?:banana:

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    lol Doesn't sound like it!

20. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    theres lots of stuff to look at and give you an idea of the style of cartoon,

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=avatar&search_type=

heres a good 1 ,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDoZPIRB8z8

and another ( wow i didnt realise that mark hamill was this character,,,and im not gona say who the carachter is, youll have to watch to find out ..hehe )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9cocx7Srk0

there are lots of sites to watch all the episodes online , search for '' watch avatar '' and you will get lots of hits.

there is a wiki link in my 1st post to give you a more indept idea of the story.

its a cartoon with enough to keep even the hardest adult critique entertained and a lot to think about because of the dept of the story and the constant little cogs in the story that only engage as the story progresses and matures.

there are 55 25minute episodes to date ,so there is plenty to watch.

Last edited: May 1, 2008