Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    i will be receiving my card sometime next week i hope. now are the drivers that come with the card newer than the drivers on the creative beta page? august drivers.? or will auzentech be using updated and diff software with there changes made to it already?

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You MUST use Auzentech Drivers. This is NOT a Creative X-fi.
    The software on the disk is solid and installs easily..not problem. Auzentech says on their web page they will be updating very soon.

3. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    device manager says these drivers are from august 13, version 6.0.1.1281

4. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    What are the chances of one of you guys that got the card pulling the driver folder of the cd and uploading it someplace. Be interesting to see what if anything is different in them over the X-Fi driver (that and if they can be force installed (INF modded) on a X-Fi and possibly the Audigy's.

5. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    sounds good. thanks for the replies :) just curious :) and if its from august prob the latest ones.. i hope auzentech whips creative into shapE!

creative did make a good move though. b/c i dont think they would have survived without auzentech b/c ppl we're raving bout 8788 chips. as i also have one. but i still missed the power of my x-fi especially the bass management which c-media just dont seem to have the powerful bass punch like my x-fi did

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  6. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    considering latest X-FI official ones for XP are 1280 then it's just micro step ...

btw. CL X-FI latest beta drivers are 1320 ...

7. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB

well considering it is a cross breed between auzi and CL i think waiting for there driver releases are best. i would b affraid to even install anything from CL :wanker: even though tech its still there driver. but i m pretty sure auzi whips them up a bit

8. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    does anyone kno where i could get a 10pin front panel audio extension? one with a male end to female so i could extend my front panel wire?

edit

performace pc's has if anyone needs

9. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    does the prelude also feature the meridian’s headphone amplifier when using a front panel ?

10. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Well that makes this card pretty pointless, save the openal support. They had better get that sorted!

11. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    When I use CMSS3D+Headphones in games I up the 8K and 16K bands considerably in the equalizer. I think it helps.

12. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    http://www.auzentech.com/data/prelude_driver_status_082807.pdf

should be sorted soon

ill check it out, i currently dont feel like gaming though.

13. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
  14. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    i think thats up to creative, but they would be really stupid if they wouldnt include the fix for their own soundcards.

15. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    Want a bet? I have the Prelude drivers right here in front of me (thanks DoctorO). They have removed all device ids for the Creative X-Fi (as well as the Audigy ids), but they did not remove a lot of the other Audigy/X-Fi specific lines. Actually as far as that goes the INF from the last X-Fi Vista driver is 189kb and the INF from the Prelude package is only 50kb (makes you wonder how many X-Fi features are missing at the driver level between the two).

Just spent a half hour playing around with the INF's for both, but going to take a bit more time to see if I can get it right so that the Prelude drivers will install. May also involve uninstalling my current drivers as the drivers that came with the Prelude were done on March 5, and the drivers I currently have installed are dated May 10. Just for fun here is the first few lines from the Prelude drivers INF,

and the latest X-Fi driver,

(and yes that is the INF for Vista from both).

May see if I can get in touch with Daniel K on the Creative forums and see if he can work any magic on these.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes...we all know you can hack this and that, Stormy that is NOT the point. If you want to instal this driver on that card go ahead..etc. The point was if the average user doesn't use the drives on the disk the driver on the X-fi site will NOT work without some modifying.

17. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    Actually Rob from what I can see looking at the files and the INF's, if you have the Prelude you don't want the "real" X-Fi drivers. It looks like the Prelude drivers only have about half the DRM crap that comes with the X-Fi drivers (more than likely due to the as yet missing Dobly/DTS/etc support).

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I'd say it's more the Creative card making a "boomy" sound and artificially enhancing the bass while the CMI8788 is more about a natural sound.

That's what it sounds like to me. :cool: I prefer real bass and not boomy bass.

19. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well yea i see wut ur saying. but for some things u just want that boomy bass! especially when playing ur fav fps or w/e it might be. or even just more bass in general. i can turn bass all the way up with my claro and its like 1/4 on the x-fi. i mean i got the z-5500's i want some BOOM lol..

but kidding aside yes sometimes natural is good i guess its wut pref ppl have. sometimes i m just looking for that bass.

o yea i have this issue with the claro also. this is my 2nd replacement btw where u have the volume turned all the way down too zero on my z-5500's control panel and if ur playing a video sound still comes though to the speakers very faintly like the output of the card is so high that the sound still comes through. plus i tried another set of the z-5500's still same problem. i never had this with my x-fi. anyone else get this? i get cross talk also with this card sometimes in the speakers. i googled and i cant seem to find

yes alil off topic but i was curious

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    It's called getting good equipment where you get that effect naturally without butchering the rest of your sound to just get a "mini-boom."