Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Perhaps the drivers are quite poor currently... who knows. I wont know this until I get mine. Which I have no idea when that'll be.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We have the card inbound for a review.

Some stuff on the drivers,

THX - it seems there are a number of bugs including THX. However I just read a driver bug report, those that are missing the THX TAB Auzentech assumes that a past X-Fi driver installation is influencing this issue.

The previous or past driver need to be removed completely.

Alchemy - Creative ALchemy driver has a mechanism that will check the hardware ssid to determine if he can download for free. Creative will add the support for Prelude 7.1 ssid into their next web release and Auzentech will provide a link on their website to connect to the Auzentech download URL. Auzentech will add this software and make it part of the full driver refresh together with other open issues that require fixes/customization.

Temperary solve: version 1.3.0.0' installs on X-Fi Prelude. However, the Alchemy 'version 1.00.07'(Aug, 07) does not find it.

Generic stuff - Dolby Digital Live for Vista and XP scheduled for Q4 of 2007, DTS® Interactive for Vista and XP, scheduled for Q1 of 2008 and DTS NEO PC for for Vista and XP scheduled for Q1 of 2008.

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That was decent enough from Creative to allow Alchemy to work on the Prelude come the next release.

Looking forward to the review!

4. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    mrlips comments don't sound too encouraging. Hopefully once we have a couple of fully functioning cards things will pick up. I really hope the Prelude is the best of both worlds and not the worst of both worlds.

5. mrlips

mrlips Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW
    After some more testing and moving some settings around I have it sounding much better, but still not as goos as the Razer. One problem I have always had with creative cards was voice in game. I have been playing Bioshock lately btw (awesome game) but the audion logs are so quiet you have to turn on subtitles just to be able to understand what they are saying maybe someone knows why this is? But overall Im still not impressed.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I suggest you keep testing and trying different settings. Make sure you are in the proper mode for what you are doing I heard one and they are amazing. By your post it sounds like you definitely don't have the card set up properly.
    I have heard many soundcards and I am totally impressed with the Auzen Prelude 7.1

7. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    got mine today.

didnt notice any difference to my audigy 2 zs when i deactivate cmss3d and crystalizer.
    cmss3d headphone sounds pretty dull, thats why i set the driver to 2.1 when listening to music.

didnt play any game yet, but it seems like headphone+cmss3d > headphone/2.1 vanilla > 2.1+cmss3d for positioning. i hope games wont sound that dull with headphone+cmss3d.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Does it have dobly headphone? i fiqure it wouldnt since it has CMS3d Headphone.

9. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    thats correct, auzentech says:

The following Dolby® technologies will not be supported on the X-Fi Prelude 7.1 due to feature overlap: Dolby® Pro Logic® IIX, Dolby® Virtual Speaker, and Dolby® Headphone.

i dont like dolby headphone anyway, sounds like underwater live concert to me.

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I hated cms3d, but I in up liking Dobly Headphone. Sound much better then CMS3d to my ears. Plus I could tell where every thing was much easier with it. Then I Could with CMSS3D .

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Doctor O, it says your in Germany?...you got your card all the way in Germany?
    Funny I was told the next shipment was supposed to be for that part of the world. Alot of guys are waiting for their cards in USA and Canada.

12. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    the card was availabale at the german distributor tuesday morning (german time), when auzentech hadnt even officially released the prelude yet.

i should have gotten the card thursday, but it took dhl 34 hours to get through germany (24 kilometers per hour)...

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Do you have close contacts with Auzentech Rob, as I'm curious on how you know so much on what they seem to be doing. :)

[Edit] bah, I see Scan.co.uk have now changed the date again. This is really starting to annoy me. Order placed on July 30, date changed from July 31 to August 31.

Pre-Order Item
    Item due on 07/09/2007

Now on to the first week of September or rather end of the first week.

UK will end up getting this friggin thing last again as always.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No, not particularly. Alot of this info is on the web. Some is rumors..some from tech support etc.
    I have contact in that part of the world and I got alot later dates.

15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Once they get the software issues worked out, I have a feeling that this will be the last audio card I'll buy in a long time. It seems well worth $200 to me.

16. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
  17. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    Whats with creative and drivers? how long have they been selling the x-fi and they still cant make a set of resonable drivers? Im interested to see what is best for sound quality between the xm and prelude.

18. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    There are several sets of reasonable Creative drivers for the X-Fi. The Prelude is a new beast and likely underwent a couple of changes that means previous software is not functioning as it should. With the card being released right after being completed Creative wouldn't have had a fully functioning retail card in their hand until recently. Coding takes time. With two different companies both working on separate sections of this card it is quite normal to assume decent fully functioning drivers will not be out for a while.

So far I think it is far too early to slag off Creative. Just the same as it is far too early to slag off Auzentech for not being able to finish the product earlier. It isn't like they intentionally are trying to screw you. Cut them some slack. Normal people with lives and families work at these companies and they do their job as well as anyone else does.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Prelude drivers are very solid.

20. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    For those of you who have heard both cards, how does the Prelude sound compared to the X-Meridian?