ATI you suck !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by danylati, Nov 12, 2007.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    ATI DOES NOT SUCK- i agree with you totally, and bringing up the history with the R9700\9800 that crashed the FX series, and the X850PE that brought the best image quality, not talking about the great X19XX series.
    As with every company has it's bad and good times, ATI has it's bad times now right with AMD, once they were on top today they are at 2ST place but it may change, everything in this world may change, remember also how people screamed "Don't buy Pentium 4\D, they ****ty compared to AMD Athlon 64\X2", and today "Intel C2D is the best way to go for anyone, AMD has nothing to offer".

2. dmitrice

dmitrice Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 8GB
    Rightly said, times do change. nVidia, Intel should enjoy this while it lasts

3. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    $500? Did you read any of the reviews before you bought the card? As of 1 month ago, there were plenty. Also, as of a month ago everyone Forum was discussing the soon to be released Nvidia G92s and ATIs 3800 Series of cards. What exactly did you think was going to happen with the pricing of the 2900XT? Perosnally, I wouldn't have paid more than $389 for it, and hey 3 months ago I did just that. Loved the card for the time I used it. Something better came along and I sold it and moved on. Am I blaming ATI??? Does ATI suck because I couldn't wait 3 months for the next gerneration of cards to appear? No, that's ludicrous. Unless you posted this just to get some attentention, guess you got it.

4. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    oh noes..another stupid topic made by another frustrated humanoid

5. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    Got that right :smoke:

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think HARDWARE does not sucks, but SOFTWARE? or PEOPLE SUCKS?

7. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    don't complain!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    U SUCK

8. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Well it´s not the hardware, but the software. I´m waiting for the new drivers and see if the cards works like it should.

9. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    In reference to the x2900xt, it's actually both hardware and software. ;)

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    HD2900XT on paper seems to be a big winner just shame it's on paper.

11. marscay

marscay Member

lolmao ..here let me buy you a coffee for making me chuckle :coffee2:

12. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
    wow. rofl ill give you 2 :coffee2: :coffee2:

13. Jumaru21

Jumaru21 New Member

I don,t agree with that.As far as I know,AMD processors are,even today,the best choice for gameplaying.I agree that core 2 are very fast in executing programmes but,all I said was that if you have an AMD it is better to by an ati card.All I can say is that,even my cpu is a little bit old,I can play bioshock,SCDA and oblivion at max video options.

14. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    I don't know on what infos you base your opinion but I can't see in which way you should be right. First, Core 2 are faster, even in games (have a look on benchmarks with the same gfx card) I guess your infos are a bit old and coming from the P4 times. Second, I know no benchmarks (artifical or real game) which show that a ATI card is faster on AMD than on Intel. By the way, this would be more than hard to compare, because you would need cpus of the manufacturers with the exact same calculating power.
    But of course it is possible that with an AMD chipset the card could be optimized for that enviroment, but i don't believe this is right because of the standardization of the pci express port.

15. Jumaru21

Jumaru21 New Member

Nothing particular infos,it´s my personal experience.It may be wrong.One thing is for sure.nvidia cards are very expensive and the difference in performance between ati and nvidia is not so big.That´s why I think 2900pro 512 is a very good choice.Afterall,overclocking isn´t hard.

16. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    The fellow who said we need ATI to keep Nvidia honest said it all.
    remember when nvidia was competing againt that other company ( i think it was voodo.) they were competing for market share and they each released a flagship card and nvidia 's was better the market share all went to Nvidia ,next thing you know nvidia bought up that company.
    for several years nvidia had no compitition . folks we need ATI to offer us an alternative.ive never paid more than 200 for a video card, and always read reviews and compared prices. and actually played games and finished them rather than shelve it to buy latest and greatest.
    If you simply must have the best for the sake of having the best, then you are playing right into their hands.
    I am a bit older than a lot of you, and when we were told to do something we asked why.and if your answer is simply because, then you are making a poor judgement.
    Do buy ati cause you need to upgrade dont buy anything if you can play your fav game.
    If its bragging rights you want tell them about your new sports car, oh thats right you probably drive a gas guzzeling SUV. I almost forgot herd mentality rules today.

17. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Not true, Crysis does very well on the 8800GT and the GTX or Ultra. But for 250 bucks the 8800GT is owning Crysis in comparison to the rest of the market.

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    **** Crysis - - - - Play CSS!:arnie::massacre::bigsmile:

19. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Yeah, ATI needs to step it up in the software part. It's good to have competition in the graphic department, just sucks that one is better than the other in the past year(s). Would be nice to see ATI pull to the top again, but if that ever happens, nVidia will sure overcome it quickly.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I won't go as far as saying that ATI sucks, but as a long time purchaser of their products, I am really disappointed at the way they're handling the AGP issue with their latest drivers. They really need to step it up a notch on many fronts.....this is just the latest fiasco. Their silence on this issue is 'deafening'. To sell a videocard to the public with problematic drivers and then stay silent and not issue a press release, shows great disregard for everyone who's "plunked" down their hard-earned cash for the products. I spent most of Monday 11/12/2007 on the phone (mostly on hold), trying to find a solution for a friend who bought the HD2600Pro. I was told there would be a special driver (released on Tuesday evening), to help with the BSOD issue.....Today is Wednesday...still no driver or press release. This is bad customer service. A statement would have gone a long way here.