Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    For anyone who a problem with the mission abbots gambit where npcs have no prompt to talk all you need to do is meditate twice in a row and somehow it fixes it

however it doesnt work for reda on viking for hire, what fixes that is finishing Cent which starts an "event" at your home camp

2. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    Not sure, the game looks pretty forgettable

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Okay tested last night new version of Special K which didn't changed, same issues persist usually within 45 minutes or 1 hour same microstutter, but when you check graphs there is no single drop below 60FPS which is strange

CPU boost as should at 4.375GHz or 4.4GHz, XMP enabled for sure, tried stock setting for GPU

In Rivatuner I have enabled as well frame time limiter at 117FPS(I have Acer Predator X34p which is 120Hz monitor)

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    As said, remove any 3rd party software... aka special K, and whatever else you are using.

But if you aren't experiencing the microstuttering till after 45 min, it does deffo sound like a memory leak causing ram swapping. That would be down to your windows install, drivers and/or game install.

Fyi i'm on win 10 pro 1909, using nvidia 457.30 driver.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Here is quick benchmark with fullscreen and borderless,exactly same settings

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,Jura

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Shock horror. Ubisoft's PC ports aren't great! I'm loving the game so far. Using mostly the high preset at 3440x1440 resolution. It's pretty smooth while not looking overly terrible. Gsync is probably helping maintain the smooth feeling too.

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What kind of comment is this or what does it even add to the discussion?

8. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    Maybe you can try and convince me it's not just another generic AC title in a different setting

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Why should anyone spend their time to convince you? If you're interested, play it, not interested, don't play it, why should we care? If it doesn't appeal to you I'm sure you can find something better to waste your time on :)

Personally I'm mostly enjoying it but sadly the game is so easy compared to Odyssey/Origins, playing on the hardest difficulty and I can easily do raids single-handedly (besides the whole needing a buddy to kick a door down/open a large chest), really hope they somehow up the difficulty or it gets harder the more I play.

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    How about you make the forum a better place by deleting your profile instead - kthxbye !

styckx and Passus like this.

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Patch 1.1.0 is out

SpajdrEX likes this.
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    And it does not fix the game breaking bug with the last ancient of the order dude.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The main ones or the zealots?

The zealots patrol over a certain area so finding them was mostly a matter of luck especially since I choose not to directly engage them via certain choices so it took a lot of traveling to track down the 1 or 2 for each single region even known the general area they spawn in for their respective regions.

Thankfully the "V" whatever it is on gamepad vision covers a large area and the bird view can also help getting the icon on the map though you then have to get fairly close almost in attack range to actually get them identified.
    This Cola dude as one of the last I found and killed was down by a river I just found him while doing a main mission in the region finding some noble lady with Ivar and the lads.
    (Most of them are available fairly early on even if you can't tackle every region freely as some get locked off until later missions open up pledging though their power level can be a issue early on.)

Wouldn't surprise me if some of them only spawn in some situations or after certain events too since a few are linked to clues for identifying the other members some of which won't be revealed before some plot missions and unfortunately the big bad order members and their totally over sized medallions that identify them immediately are only spawned in once you actually do get their identify at least from my testing and not finding anything and then after that they were just there.
    (Photo mode and you can get right close and see the medallion but it doesn't do much when the NPC isn't even there until ID'd via finding some randomly spread out scrolls and what not in a mostly linear A->B->C path and there's the target.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am enjoying this AC.

I am very interested in this part of history, so it suits me.

Performance wise with my settup at 2k is as expected with a modern AC title. No sutters or major slow downs on ultra, but could be better. usually hover around 58 to 80. Could be way better though.

The landscape is surprisingly very well detailed and I love the effect of the sunlight and mist through the trees. Great atmosphere.

Voice acting is good and I can see slight improvements in fidelity compared to odyssey, not major, but still noticeable.

The combat is very satisfying and I like the path they went with this one. Raiding places really feels brutal especially with the violence.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase .

Dragam1337 and Passus like this.
  15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    So I went to where the "revellers" have started to gather. You can hear commotion, chatter, and a gathering like "atmosphere" but there are no NPCs. I know the yule tide thing isn't 100% out yet but it's creepy this is the "teaser". It feels haunted

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone having problems with nVidia Sharpening and patch 1.10?

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No butt i did noticed the game sometimes randomly is crashing to desktop for me without any warning, never had that before after the latest patch.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Windows event viewer

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I dont have any crashings with other games including cyberpunk 2077.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I've noticed that my gpu boosts much higher in this game, than any other i've recently played... perhaps it is boosting to high on your gpu to remain stable.