AMD's new website and driver downloads

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Kruse, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Why do I have to click through five+ different pages to get to the damn Radeon driver page now? Seriously, who designed this stuff? :3eyes:

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I googled Radeon Drivers and it took me directly to the page to download them. What's the problem?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I prefer to go directly to the driver page.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-art...mson-ReLive-Edition-17.2.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Alternatively there's this.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

And you click on either 32 or 64 bit but that takes you to a separate page where you can either download the drivers or click to the release notes which would take you to the above.

Re-check once a week or so if they've changed the driver date (Feb 18th for 17.2.1, Feb 22nd for the slightly buggy re-release with WHQL and now Feb 28th for the current non-buggy WHQL.) or just check this forum to see if the new driver is out yet and then download that instead. :D
    (Driver updates are pretty quick on these forums at least for GPU drivers whether it's a full new driver, beta, hotfix or some other development thing.)

EDIT:
    Nvidia does something similar though the GeForce.com forums usually have direct links and again these forums are very quick with new driver updates too. :)

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Just ... Radeon.com

5. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Meh, they're back at their old web scheme. I prefer the previous page also where you can point at drivers and see it appear instantly in your browser.

"edit" just browse to the drivers once and save it as a hyperlink.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Chaos.

7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    This direct link on my bookmarks still works, assuming you're going for W10 x64.

8. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    2 clicks here, I think you have issues...

That being said, it's annoying having to scroll down for the 7900 series when there's heaps of cards that should be in the same category..

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017