AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Best answer to this probably is a compare, if the Official v10.6->"v10.8" has worked with your hardware just fine then use the v3.70 (first driver on
    page). As then the Crossfire on your card works clean off exactly as 1 single card (which HD5970 still is even while there's 2 GPUs inside the box).

If not then go for the Eyefinity Build v3.71 those will CFX scale on so called 'TRUE' MultiGPU environment.

Yes, CCC is multi language on all packages currently. Modifications are choose-able by you to either use or not and those will not affect the
    language. You still can install CCC in your own language (CCC in itself is not modded only the registry it uses is for include more options for CCC and basic
    good setup. It is only updated through builds to be newest possible to have the new optimization ATI hides under CCC coding).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. Mr Dohz

Mr Dohz Active Member

GPU:
    6970 Lightning
    hmm in the first place , is the original ATI 10.8 based beta driver stable enough ?

3. OutGears

OutGears Member

GPU:
    HD 6970
    Thank you for the fast answer! I am going to compare the performances at once !

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    no.. You can't call v10.8b5 (8.760.2) anything even remotely 'stable'.

Well, if your system has performed better on 10.5a (which fixed the BF:BC2 originally). Eyefinity build is for you.

As for 10.6-10.8 there is very clear issue on CFX, you would of notice it when 10.6 came up officially and people started shouting on ATI direction, if it would affect
    your system. So, only thing you really need to know is. Was there an problem with your system with any driver above v10.6 in performance with CFX ON sense.

@commonly

I included an 2 notes for 'Vista x86/x64' systems with the download links for v3.70 build. hopefully there is no such issue, but just in case there is such
    error provided solution go around it. I will fix Vista x86/x64, if there's an issue, but would appreciate anyone installing note me, if there is an issue
    and driver does not update while using usual Catalyst Installation.

As for now seems everything is up good. Anyone Hack'n'Slash any errors on screen please drop me a message
    as @Hans Dampf mentioned above you have very good chance I'm usually somewhere in here. :pc1:

-edit-

Hmm, those who do not follow instructions and does not use my clean-up I provide and work very hard to maintain. Please do not even consider telling
    me that something ain't working. I build the clean-up for a reason and my clean-up cleans things that no other cleanup software in this world would
    even dream of considering to be cleaned.

5. aernouts

aernouts Active Member

Hello, First of all thx for all the hardwork/time you spend on this :thumbup:

I tried to install V3.70 today and it did not finish installation, it came up with an error which said that i needed to reconfigure *Windows installer* after that installer closed itself.
    i noticed that there was no Display driver installed, but all the files in the ATI folders seem to have copied to the right place.

I am on Vista 32, My Grafics Card is ASUS 4870, i use only one screen.

I treid to follow your instructions as close as possible.

Thx

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Hmm, checking on this, but 'Windows Installer' issues are Microsoft issues usually and not driver issues. Windows Installer is an component which excutes .MSI files, if I were you I'd check windows with 'SFC /SCANNOW' as this may become really big issue later on on your system where no installers would work.

but I'll not just disregard this. Gonna check, if there is some difference on Vista side installer. I'll pop an edit to this message when I either know there's an difference or not.

-edit-

No, problem is in your windows installation. Original Windows Vista x86/32-bit installers are according to MD5 100% identical. Please check windows
    updates and run the 'SFC /SCANNOW' if this becomes an issue in your system later on this will mean full clean installation (as I know the nature of
    this problem in windows operating systems broken Windows Installer might break whole windows).

-edit 2-

Yeah, seems other people are also saying the same as I above:
    Repair Windows Vista Windows Installation Service

(but I'd take these forum posts with precaution.)

-edit 3-

Just verified Data Against original Vista x86/x64 installations & INF files against the originating Vista OS based driver installers. All match 100% issue is not inside the v3.70.

(Just in case)

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I got a problem with 3.70
    The driver resets aspect ratio so it looks like centered on every reboot, so at 1920x1080 it doesn't fill up the whole screen.
    disabling/enabling GPU fixes it, but I'm doing that after each reboot.

8. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    This is issue in ATI newest drivers. Switch to the other DVI slot..

This is their new love for adding HD resolutions to the list and they accidentally enabled the mode. :)

Can't fix unless I break the performance.

9. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    on just one monitor? what about other games? ..guess I'll be trying it, too

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Working on it.. everything else says BSOD. :banana:

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I'm using HDMI cable, so DVI is not an option.
    Enabling Overscan on the monitor looks to fugly, so guess I have to switch in CCC after each boot.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, I know DVI I am talking about is same port as HDMI. :(

Working on it. Solution is something very simplistic like 'change default resolution' in registry + XML. Would probably work. It's not that big issue they
    simply 'detect' resolution again on windows start. Can't really help, atm, on this as would reguire to locate correct on use 'Monitor' and check that the 'MaxResolution' says and then check the ATI side.

Basically best idea would be manually going to device manager > update active monitor > browse... > Let me pick... > take the driver there is and 'Next' > OK > should all in all reactivate monitor settings instead of ATI crap.

13. Trasher

Trasher Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    installed 3.71, I get lower fps in BC2 compared to 10.7WHQL(60-65 vs 80-ish) but it's ALOT smoother for some reason

xfire /eyefinity

14. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Yeah, been hearing about issues on both packs here. Plus see one issue on my own on OpenGL side which I was trying to fix even before posted the 3.70 and on 3.71 there's a bit processing issue on how well hardware power is taken through hardware.

(On 3.71 it's still very hard for me to understand or see the problems as don't have the equipment to even test the current build or how the processing is done in the CFX in the first place.)

Kinda also a problem on 'man power'. I ain't driver 'team'. So, takes a bit to test everything. Even while I do believe in community would take a whole own forum to provide 'patch' + 'instant action in specific game/application' = result from community > Build to core driver = to develop best possible driver there could be.

anyway:
    I updated my personal build now for OpenGL seems functional again now for next builds from v3.70. I am running this build myself and testing it all the time and updating as I see bugs as soon as there's something 'real' fixed again I will add everything together and pass it here.

On Eyefinity I am still gonna drop couple patches for current v3.71 try to stabilize the processing through hardware somehow (anyway, possible). However, it would look like that the 10.5a core driver is not gonna help our cause by any. It is most stable supported driver yes, but there's severity of problems on it's scaling DX9 and really bad issues on processing through the code. v10.4b would probably be ideal build for here (even with the BF:BC2 load bug to consider) or 10.4a(which comes with even weaker base but better DX9 support through driver).

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Uninstalled and reinstalled my monitors HDMI driver, issue still persists, so this needs a reg hack to get back to normal.
    Actually I never had any under/overscan issue with any of your modded drivers.
    The sets provided by ATI did always show some form of issue straight after installation, but was simple to fix, enabling, setting the slider to 100% and after then disabling the Overscan function fixed it.

When you say xml, does that mean the same as using another drivers monitor resolution on nvidia inf (had to do that once on some nvidia driver that had an issue)?

16. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    yeah, I know but as I said it's not in my mods. It's ATI dealings. I know / seen this issue it's happening on special condition and unless I change whole driver core and change CCC minus drop web 3D new features & so on problem will be there.

reg hack could do it as basically it checks class\monitor registry to what resolution to reboot. devmgmt with show hidden devices and drop all unset monitor sets will help you as otherwise there can be like hundred different monitor data on same registry unused (like I am using atm '0025'th monitor by registry with a 1 single monitor ;P )

17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    It seems I also get that if I try to watch Youtube with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and are overclocked. I just use Firefox now.

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Actually I tested this on IE also.. Using the Normal Flash I linked on first page in this post now. I just cannot find this issue anywhere it absolutely has to be something not updated on both of the systems here.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Only got 1 monitor in the reg.
    1920_1080_60p Underscan found in ATI reg settings is set to the same 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 value as 1280_720_60p
    Shouldn't it be all zero's if 1080p is the native resolution?

EDIT: Rubbish, 1280x720x60 got a value of 08 at 5th postion

EDIT#2: Tried to set it to 8x00, disables the overscan function to stick.

20. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    Should I only run the highly-recommended 'assessment_finalize.cmd' utility when there is no driver installed at all or after driver installation? I'm going to do a clean sweep to make sure everything is working the way it should. Thanks!