AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just stealing this response, but as a 280X user, I really ****ing wish they'd fix the MSAA corruption bug in GTA V. The work around for it makes it run too slow to use, and FXAA in GTAV on AMD looks more jagged than FXAA on Nvidia, for whatever damned reason.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Reducing post-fx makes it run slower?

3. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Good for you! While the rest 99.99999% of AMD owners don't have the same experience as you do.

You know that don't apply to any Crossfire/SLI users with decent intel quad core processor running above 4Ghz, Unless you have 8 290X or 4 TitanX.

Ermm...... no My current rig just GTV 5 just fine at 4k Maxed out settings, its 290x GPUs in my brother's rig as tons of game breaking issues with recent AAA title games.

Same thing Good for you! While the rest of AMD owners don't have the same experience as you do.

I hope so too with bug free as they on life support now and pissing AMD owners who purchased 290/290x(s) even more is last thing for any sane company would want to do.

All my games runs with vsync on, except for any FPS games.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Have you tried the modded drivers from Windows 10?

5. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    gta 5 runs smooth like butter on my 270x crossfire setup.
    i was really surprised about the positive responsiveness of the rockstar engine when running in crossfire.
    i dont know which 99% you talked to :) maybe you didnt talk to amd owners at all and just say this to spread some chaos in here...

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Crossfire stutters here with 15.4/15.5 but works fine with any of the modded Windows 10 drivers for 8.1

7. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

yes! i can only recommend everyone to use 1023.3/1023.5/1036/1038 :banana:

8. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Well, you know your brother is drawcall botlenecked if he lowers advanced features and gains better scaling after that. You are nvidia user, maybe that makes you blind how bad AMD drawcall performance is compared to nvidia.

If you have noticed the threads with new branch drivers with improved drawcall perforamance. You might have noticed that people are reporting better gpu usages over many games. Problem is bigger than many realises on AMD side.

9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    If by they you mean Rockstar then they've just fixed that issue in the recent GTA V game patch.

Taken from Patch Notes in page below:
    · Fixed an issue where certain combinations of anti-aliasing settings on CrossFire systems could cause graphical corruption.
    · Fixed a crash that occurred on certain CrossFire configurations when exporting long Rockstar Editor videos at high frame rates.
    · Fixed issues with flickering effects that could be seen on some CrossFire systems.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...date-1-27-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PS3-Xbox-360-PC-

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  10. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes!! v1.0.372.2 patch fixed that issue :banana:

yo matt we can haz some driver goodies? :kind:

11. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    We had to wait patiently for the patch to come, but glad it's here now to address the issue. :)

No driver goodies just yet, vase. As soon as it's ready, we'll let you know.

12. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    You know how it's like with us thirsty nerds ;-)

"Give him an inch and he will take a yard."

13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Although this statement probably paints me in a bad light, i don't have any inches spare. :grin2:

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    @AMDmatt Can I ask you why you of all people use an intel CPU in the rig you post? :banana:

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thanks for the update. That's a lot of PC fixes.

16. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Reducing post FX isn't much of a solution either. In fact, that's a horrible solution.

No, I meant the solution to turn on SSAA or whatever it is as the AA method in Catalyst

17. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I did not know this! That's awesome. Time to fire that back up.

18. TripleTripe

TripleTripe Guest

GPU:
    R9 280x Vapor-X 3GB
    can some1 please tell, why they keep realese Beta + Beta +++
    and not make a direct working Update for the Driver??

is that cuz microsoft not checking by the WHQL, MS ?
    and always, recommended install Beta drivers? (even that they cause problems or Bugs?)

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's a solution that works! The ethics behind it is besides the point.

20. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    I love how fanboys are quick to put "ohh you are nvidia user you are a nvidia fanboy that hates AMD" or "you don't know anything about AMDs because you own nvidia cards".
    And will say just about anything to defeat it, including fake smooth experiences in denial like what some of the user is doing here.

Well I'm a ex-AMD user, who is fusratred with AMD 290x.
    If what you say is true about drawcall then its still the drivers issue that should have been fix years ago, not almost 2 years later when its going to be obsolete.
    1st you say its cause by processors, now you say its driver's drawcall issue. I love how you quickly twist the facts.
    what is next? Express Lanes?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015