AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL (14.100.0.0 April 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Confirmed, all files have different sizes including the Chipset files.

The release dates for the files however have not changed from April 25 / 2014? Is it so hard to change the dates to April 30 / 2014?

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Enjoy the free upgrade :p

Na, but what KissSh0t mentioned about it just being a re-brand is probably more accurate. In any case, it probably isn't a problem.

3. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Because driver support for DirectX hasn't been touched in many months now -- does anyone know if this essentially means AMD is finished with improving support for games that do not take advantage of Mantle (i.e., DirectX games)?

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    lolwut?

so all those crossfire and single game improvements are for mantle?

damn, i thought only 2 games used mantle.

lol

dx improvements need not be in the library itself, thats why we have cats and driver improvements.

5. gexxy lord

gexxy lord Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    anyone still have the disappearing mantle option tab in BF4 with these drivers?

6. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC

Please enlighten me. Why is there a ahci driver in the Catalyst graphics driver pack anyways? And I read somewhere there was a usb filter included in this package. Not like a usb filter has much to do with graphics either.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    MPC as in Media Player Classic?

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Because there are people with motherboards that these drivers are for.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

There is a separate chipset package though such users should probably download instead.

Not everyone who has an AMD graphics card is going to be also using a motherboard with a AMD chipset, so why make them download extra?

To be fair though, I do like it when AMD includes both chipset and graphics driver in a single beta package. Chipset components usually don't get as much attention at all, so it's kind of nice seeing newer drivers :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
  10. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    These have thief mantle xfire support?

11. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    no, Mantle xfire is managed by application, not by drivers anymore...

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Honestly I really do not understand the, PCi Bus,AHCI, and Raid drivers, and or really even the USB filter drivers being included especially since these drivers do not automatically install or give you choice to install in custom installation. ( with the exception of the USB Filter driver)

The USB filter driver relates to Audio, but not not audio from the Video Card.

The PCI Bus driver updates your Basic Microsoft PCI Bus driver, and seems to eliminate some isses with the video card driver crashing.

AHCI and Raid updates your sata drive controller drivers...never benched to see if better performance.

IMO these should all be in a separate package like they were once upon a time called the chipset drivers.

13. WittyScreenName

WittyScreenName Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire r7 260x 2gb

^
    When you have an essential component to every PC gamers computer(drivers) people will pay you to bundle their crappy,unrelated software with the driver download.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Can you not do a custom install, and de-select those other drivers if you don't want to install (update) them.

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Roll on back to 13.12 yet again and all is fixed.......just like all the other 14.4xxx driver sets this WHQL still has all sorts of issues with Flash/HTML5 video accel BSOD & display blanking/sleep issues :puke2: :bang:

16. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    Yep, no mantle in BF4 menu with 14.4 drivers on R9 280x. I can run mantle in theaf but no in BF4. I have to reinstall 14.3 to get mantle in BF4! Maybe it's up to 280x, I see you have 280x also!?

17. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    never seen BSOD or display driver stop on HD7870XT & HD6620G+HD6650M for 5 day
    smoothly drivers.

18. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Installed, no BSOD, no TDR, no flash artifacts, no sticky clock, and downsampling work.

Btw, this is not in the release note but this driver freaking fixed the performance of rFactor 2. I'm getting over 100% performance increase compare to Catalyst 14.1.

This driver kick ass yo.

19. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Is rFactor 2 a DX9 graphics engine?

To me it seems that AMD have finally fixed the ****ty performance problems with DX9, the flight sim i use 'DCS World' is also a DX9 based engine at present and also reaps the performance gains seen with 14.4.

20. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Yes, DX9. I think they fixed some driver/cpu overhead in DX9 game since both games is sim game that requires pretty heavy physics calculation on the CPU.