AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    dont tick it, no profiles yet.

Try with the limit-slider. Thats what work.

2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Seems like it, tried GTA4 and MLAA working fine there.

3. airtaz

airtaz New Member

GPU:
    HD 5770
    I installed everything and it went pretty smooth. However playing black ops there is a big difference, not a good one.

In Nuketown for example, the grass and flowers are all black. If I move slightly all of the color comes in nicely. If I move again, all black.

Also my fps has taken a sever hit with these drivers and my 5770 HD card.

What settings are you guys using?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Fair enough, I came off as a jerk also.

5. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    So far so good. Tesselation show up right and everything else shows up good to. Will test css in a few.

6. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    Yes I used to be nvidia all the way and still love em, lets see I have (5) nvidia cards, nVidia geforce 3, geforce 5,geforce 7800gs,geforce8800,and geforce GTS 250 and (1) AMD card ATI 5970 but my GOSH with this new 11,1 driver IM LOVING MY 5970 damn this card ROCKS...

I am astounded, My 5970CFX card has never ever been able to stand a decent overclock......UNTIL NOW..

Stock 725,1000 * with this setting im getting 88, 99 FPS in F1 2010
    OC 950,1500 * with this setting I get 120,130 FPS in F1 2010 all graphic options maxxed

Now its like acting like it should have and temps are good too long as I use Afterburner
    and im using the AMD overvolt.

For a whole year I have not been able to overclock without machine reseting..

however there is no need to OC this card as most games give me 80 to 140FPS without OC.

just good to know the card can do it if needed.

all this in the 11.1 damn AMD you da shzit. No need to upgrade my 5970 until the 7 series comes out. thanks AMD

7. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    All right going to run the lost planet 2 bench.

8. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Interesting results. Now you have me looking forward to seeing what my 975/1200 Radeon 5850 temps are like with this driver set.

9. JerichoKru

JerichoKru Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Well, I can get the drivers to install...but it keeps failing at the Transcoder and WMV9/VC-1 Video Playback.

Code:
    Application Install: install package failure!

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    When i tried benching crysis WH and RE5 it took quite some time for it to load into the game and then to load unto the desktop and also took quite some time to change res so that i could take a screen shot of the results. When i checked on msi AB when the computer became idle gpu 1 was still running at 99%. Have not encountered that for a long time. Completed the LP2 bench and the 99% thing is gone. Perhaps cos i totally wiped my hdd and then restored it or maybe the earlier results were a fluke? I dunno.

Anyway hopefully these drivers don't cause difficulty to run from 2d to 3d if not it's going to take some time to launch a game and then go back to desktop after game ends.

Also seems like some games don't like you to force tess unto it.
    LP2 shut down when i tried that. You can force tess at 64 times i wonder how high that is but then i doubt most games would allow that to happn i dunno.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Im going to have to revert as these drivers have a massive bug
    not sure its happening on every card but on my 5970 im getting 100% GPU load in 2d and desktop for no reason what so ever lol and the 100% load is constant never goes down unless i reboot or go into sleep mode then resume, but it returns.

12. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hello...

I Have Noticed some problems , the Catalyst Service mom.exe some times takes long time to start or sometimes not starting at all, if it's not started Catalyst center tray icon won't load why [ when we open catalyst center mom.exe starting the process if it's not loaded] .. I have noticed this problems with previous drivers, is it My Kaspersky Internet security Blocking i think no, i have added this on Trusted service..... Anyone having this kind of problem....

Using 11.1beta drivers

13. CodeNameRedNeck

CodeNameRedNeck Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 ti Amp
    These drivers seem to work really well on the 5870 xFire I am running. 3dmark11 score is just over 8100 on performance now. IQ looks good too.

14. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    I think AMD need to take their time with drivers. Why this every month carp? It's stupid.

I'd rather have a near stable v.card driver released every two or three months than some kinda freak mutation that requires 'hot'fixes six or seven times every other few days.

15. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Works very well for me, stop using betas if you cant handle it.

16. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    Don't use betas.

17. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    I did notice with DC Universe there is bad screen tearing when I minimize to desktop on my 6870 that 10.12 did not do. Maybe that will be fixed with whql next week

18. Altra001

Altra001 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD7990
    Drivers appear to have the same level of Direct3D performance for me as 10.12RC3. OpenGL has taken a slight dip in FURMARK tho.

But, ATI OverDrive works like a charm. Manual Fan Control and overclocking all 100% working. Before if I overclocked more than 25Mhz my machine would crash.

MSI Afterburner Manual Fan Control does not work with these drivers, but dont care as i have control via CCC.

All in all, not bad. Time will tell as per normal.

19. Valagard

Valagard Guest

GPU use when dragging around windows on desktop is ridiculously high, peaked 40% GPU use just dragging MSI afterburner around the desktop, 25% use dragging around a trillian window

20. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Spyre - THANK YOU! Now I'm getting 99.4% render match and 76.50 overall system score.

If AMD can add a caps to cover this, that would be great.

PS: Any idea on Doom3 or do I need to bug Id to release the source so someone can fix it? Keep up the good work on Rage but visit here more often as I'm over here. Crowd is bit less ... emotional to say... :D