After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) # Part 2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Don't worry about 3D, it's the "fake" 3D mode that is used on Watch Dogs (like in Crysis 2 & 3, if you've ever seen them running with 3DVision), so it has basically the same impact on performance as SMAA. Of course it does look like sh*t as it's a post-process effect, but could be worse.

My SLi is running somewhat high framerates on this game when enabled (100+ average) but stuttering and freezes makes it unplayable. So benchmarking and playing are two separate things on W_D...
    Running single card drops avg FPS to ~55-60 but it's so smooth compared to the SLi stutter fest that it's the only way to enjoy it (I'm running high settings for textures, shadows and reflections instead of ultra btw - 2GB VRAM etc.). It WILL occasionally stutter for 1/4 second or so, but rare enough to forget it when coming from the SLi disaster.

3D enabled is running at the same 55-60 FPS avg as explained before with one GPU used, and it's just a GTX680 2GB (yet massively overclocked). I wouldn't worry too much about your experience on this game in 3D, though 2D won't use your hardware's power for sure.

It's not your system, it's just the game and Ubisoft's incredible skills to insert poop in everything they make, and never fix it of course. I'm almost ashamed to be french when I see what they're doing..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  2. PC_Forever

PC_Forever Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680
    Don't worry, man! We will always wait for your updates!

3. jootn2kx

jootn2kx Guest

GPU:
    2x R9 280x
    good idea for that blogspot this thread is ****ed and should be locked

4. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    What is this, some race to get the most FPS? There is no point in anything above 60 FPS, as far as the human eye goes.

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I'm actually working on the headlight shadows, again. Working on the flickering, distance, intensity and other stuff related to the headlights. Lighting is done, fog is done. Bloom may require another look to change intensity etc. Ssao settings done. Lensflares for the headlights changed. I may change some lighting and clouds textures to a higher resolution ones. Camera is slighly different than vanilla one. Civilian density has been increased to the max values in order to be noticiable. Colorgrading has been used to adapt the lighting. Anamorphic lensflares will not be included because the game crashes after many cars appear on screen. volumetric light for the headlights will be possible removed because headlights will not produce lensflares otherwise.

6. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Yes I agree. Some unnamed posters on this thread has contributed big to TheWorse discontinuing his work, because of their - shall I say - less humble demeanor.

7. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    Kudos to you, good Sir. I thank you for all your work so far. My only advice regarding the postings of certain others, is do this for your self first and foremost; for the satisfaction in the results of the game proper.
    Let me assure you, alot of us less, well, vocal gamers are really appreciating all of the work that you have done.

8. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    You are so wrong.. Just 100 vs 60 is like day and night.. If you have a 120/144Hz screen of course. If you can't see it you may need to fix your eyes, or more exactly your brain. Human eye is not seeing the world as frames btw, and even if you'd really like to compare, the limits for a "normal brain" would be more around 1000 FPS than 60.. Go get yourself some documentation on this if you're interested, you'll find many many articles by searching on google.

Off topic needs to stop at some point though I guess :p

Great TheWorse ! Thanks for your work. This game don't deserve the energy you're putting into modding it, and its community don't deserve your hard work. Thank you again good sir.

9. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    IF you have a 120/144 Hz screen of course. :)
    If you do, then obviously you will want to reach up to that level of FPS, but with Watch_dogs good luck with that, with or without the help of TheWorse and Co.

BTW how many games out there presently are there that has perfect support for that frequency of frames?

10. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    That's right :D And considering SLi makes it unplayable (at least for picky users like me), playing it with such high framerate is basically not possible on any NVdidia hardware to date. I don't know how crossfire works with it, but I guess it's all the same..

I'd say 90% of my games are running perfectly fine @ 120Hz. W_D and FarCry 3 are the only Ubisoft games I "play" (not sure if it applies), and both have issues with it but that's about it. Even DarkSouls (talking about crap port) runs great @ 120Hz and constant 120 FPS with 4K downsampling.. Thanks to Durante's mod :D

11. vovin999

vovin999 Guest

GPU:
    So get yourself a 60hz monitor with a 560Ti card, hahaha. Then you can play this friggin game, at least! *pulling your strings a bit* :)

12. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    Yes it completly fixes the crossfire/sli scaling back to normal. No change in visuals for me alternating the numbers, it looks subjectivly the same, but if u do side by side comparison, u maybe see a difference.

Also for the guy with the 35th fastest pc on the world, change the value and your back to gaming at proper fps again. How many times i have to say that now?? Or just wait till TW includes the fix in his next release.

13. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    I did play on low end hardware, running old games at 10-15 fps on low details and low resolution, and enjoying it ! But I just can't anymore :D

It does help to an extent (to get back the original behavior), but single card is still incomparably smoother (at least on NVidia's side of things). What you're calling "normal" scaling is still crappy multiGPU support.

14. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    Sounds great man, psyched to try it out when it's ready. Other than testing and stuff I've been waiting for your completed mod to actually play the game (I'm also hooked on Titanfall as well lol) What you've completed already and are working on now is basically the experience we expected back from the original demo. Well done good sir.

15. PratikL20

PratikL20 Guest

GPU:
    radeon r9 280x tri-x
    I don't frankly know and do not wish to know kerfuffle surrounding this watch dogs modding whatver the **** happened in the early events.
    Ubisoft has already given PC gamers the middle finger and when you talented modders squabble like petulant kids then we non-modders like me are at loss because you modders can be egotistical, quit and then continue to work on your own making your game as realistic as possible, and we are deprived of the ultimate experience the game has to offer.
    So you can continue at guru 3d or anywhere else on the interweb but please do not just quit and leave. but please post the link for your blog
    if possible you modders unite and open the can of whoop ass by showing your graphical prowess to those **** ass ubi developers.

16. schidddy

schidddy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x Crossfire
    No i dont think its just crappy multi-gpu support. The problem of this game is the crappy texture streaming engine of this game. You can watch this by looking at the vram useage of your gpu while playing the game. Everytime the game stutters, the vram usage is jumping arround, going up, and down again. This means the graphicscard has to load huge amounts of textures because the engine failed to load them ahead when u up to go into a new area where textures arent loaded jet. Adding another gpu while multiply this problem since now two gpu have to load huge amounts of memory leading in at least two times the stuttering. Thats the problem, dont be claimed at amd or nvidia but ubisoft itself!

17. fantom

fantom Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gefore 680 2GB
    DOF when crouching behind something

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but there's a lot of posts to read through. I was just noticing an issue that when I crouch behind something, usually a car, the DOF narrows dramatically, even when I have it set to "low", and makes anything beyond the car incredibly blurry to the point that I've had to disable it entirely, which is a pity since when I'm not crouching behind something the DOF makes the game look awesome.

18. iLegionLord

iLegionLord Guest

GPU:
    4 Nvidia GTX Titan Black
    Anyway how is V0.9 coming along?

19. iLegionLord

iLegionLord Guest

GPU:
    4 Nvidia GTX Titan Black
  20. kriknav

kriknav Guest

GPU: