Adding a card for physx

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by smith10210, Aug 20, 2010.

1. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    This might be a dumb question but is there a way to add a second card on my current sytem setup to run PHYSX only. My MB is crossfire enabled? Or do i have to have a AMD SLI board to add a second card for physx?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    no, you can just stick in a Physx supporting Nvidia card and it works perfectly

3. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Wow i should have asked this question months ago i thought it wouldnt work since i have a AMD processor and crossfireboard..

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    nah youre good man, all you need is a spare PCIE slot on your mobo and youre sorted, You need to use the Hybrid hack( couldnt be easier, install nvidia drivers and run the program ) though - http://physxinfo.com/news/3334/new-hybrid-physx-mod-1-04ff-is-out/

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    No hack needed - he's already running an nVidia card. Just plug it in and assign PhysX acceleration inside the nVidia Control Panel.

6. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I thought you only needed the hack if are using a ATI and a Nvidia card? i will be using two Nvidia cards. I thought you just had to uninstall your current drivers install your Physx card reinstall drivers and the physx card shows up in your nvidia control panel.

7. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    True...no hack needed. Also no need to uninstall drivers first. Plug in the card, boot up, and go into the Nvidia Control Panel and select the card you want to assign PhysX to.

8. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Nice now im leaning towards a evga gt240 SC its only $46 after rebates seems like a better deal than the GTX 9800 less heat and power recommendations.

9. GTS

GTS Member

GPU:
    8800GTS G92
    buying 8800GT second it's look good to...primary nvidia will alow no hack required to enable physx,just select in nvidia properties