970 satisfaction poll

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 24, 2015.

?

970 satisfaction poll

1. Love my card, no issues that dampen my gaming experience.

56.8%
  2. Like the card, have issues, but still believe worth keeping.

8.3%
  3. Like the card, no issues, but memory allocation controversy has me concerned.

17.4%
  4. Like the card, no issues, but memory allocation controversy has spooked me into regret for buying.

8.3%
  5. Have substantial issues where I regret buying the card.

9.1%
  1. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Sad but true.

2. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    40% are paranoid.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    it's official :banana:

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    lol... Those same users are still going at it on other forums. It'll be a few days before they open a 4th thread on it here. If they bother to at all.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy using my card just like every other user NOT trying to cause damage to NVidia.

5. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Only issue I have had with MSI 970 is that after about 2 months I think it is much hotter than it was at start.
    I could keep nice OC and it would be nice and quiet, now I have to have lower OC and its louder.
    Have to change paste to it someday these next few months maybe when I get balls to do it(warranty!).

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like. Good to see actions taken. Long live Guru3D.

I love my 970, not a single issue. That being said, I'll be gifting it to a guru member as soon as Nvidia or AMD shrink the core and give us more power.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Judging by your caRD'S MANUFACTURER DUDE....

ARE YOU SURE IT ISN'T LOUDER BECASUE YOU'RE SUFFERINGF THE FAN2 PROBLEM ?

8. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Soz, for caps.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Seems this poll is going how I expect so far...

10. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    Well, I like the card in first place, but memory allocation issue somehow cause me to rethink of my card.

One thing for sure, the remaining 0.5gb will definitely rely on Nvidia driver optimization.
    AAA+ franchise definitely will be well optimized to use the 0.5gb, but I really doubt the same optimization will apply for those indie games / less famous developer.

11. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    As a means of testing, I plugged TitanFall back in with a single card enabled, maxed out the settings (aside from AA), set it to 1440, and got VRAM usage around 3400 with GPU percentage around 85-90%. I turned on 2 x MSAA and it went up to between 3500-3540. At times, the GPU usage was hitting 99%, and it seemed the drops and higher frame times were more consistent with the GPU usage, not the VRAM usage.

At that point I bugged out, enabled SLI, rebooted, and jumped back in. Only one of the other 5 maps I got on tonight had VRAM usage hit 3500 MB again. The others were all between 3000 and 3300. FWIW, I never saw VRAM usage go above 3540 MB, so maybe there is an issue?

With that said, I played at 2880x1620 and 3200x1800 with no AA, 2x MSAA, and 8x MSAA. Across the board, the more AA I turned on, the more the frame rate dipped, and the frame times went from 16.6 to 25.5 and 34.4. As the frame times got higher, the game got more choppy. At 16.6 the game was silky smooth. When it went up to 25.5, it was "micro-stutter"-ish. At 34.4, it was chuggy/choppy. In all of these instances, the GPU usage for both cards was below 80%. But on the other hand, when things were getting choppy, the temp on the top card was at 80c, which is the thermal limit. The fan was blowing AMD style.

At 1440 with 2x MSAA, it ran at a constant, smooth 60fps and the frame time never dropped below 16.6 that I saw. Also, 1440 with 2x MSAA looked no different than 1800 with 8x MSAA.

Since that works fine, I have a hard time caring about the people trying to run games at 4K and seeing their frame rate drop from the low thirties to the mid twenties. That's just a circumstance I'm not going to encounter personally.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Here we go.....more vram BS....

13. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6700 10GB
    Considering I play at 1920x1080 without DSR and 8xMSAA on everything, have zero stuttering or low usage issues, I'm perfectly satisfied with the 970.

[​IMG]

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I love the 970 so much I bought two of them..

Easily best card I've bought. For the money spent, you get a boatload of graphics power.

I feel like all this hoopla around the vram is just a bunch of nonsense, but people would just say I'm biased.

So don't mind me, I'm just gonna go back to playing some games with these awesome cards and let the internet argue about it.

15. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    I love my card, but I am a bit concerned whether I'll have issues with future titles or not.

16. Ranger x

Ranger x Master Guru

GPU:
    12GB EVGA FTW3 3080
    I love my Gigabyte 970 G1 sli, and it gives me a great gaming time....:)

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I should point out PLEASE do not vote in the poll if you do not own a 970. This fellow who owns an AMD card has voted for last option, that he has substantial issues with his 970 and regrets buying it. He was already trolling in the other 970 thread.

18. FrAnTiC

FrAnTiC Guest

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX1070 OC
    Same here.It's the best GPU I've ever had and I don't care about the VRAM "isssue" as long as my games run as they should.Have a nice day guys.

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    An interesting thought.. the 3gb 780ti is an incredible performer and it basically destroys all the 4gb cards in the most demanding benchmarks/scenarios. I almost bought one when the 970s were short in stock and the ti's prices were not too far off. Where are all the complaints it ran of steam and became a stutter fest when it went over the 3gb usage mark?

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080