3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Danish prices are much higher - it's nearly 1900 euro here, or 2200 USD. But it's always like that - danish prices for everything are super inflated.

But honestly, it's quite silly that they have sent those gpu's to a country where not many can afford it, but non to a country where many can, and want to buy one.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    well you have higher paychecks there so idk...anyway its hell of alot cash for a card. Cant find FE anywhere tho...

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    FE can only be bought from Nvidia's own site :)

But yeah, just looked it up - average monthly income in Serbia is 700 USD, while it's 5200 USD in denmark.

Undying likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah quite a difference there. Enjoy your card. :)

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well, as said i was 3 hours late to the preorder party (non were available at launch in denmark), so im waaaaay behind in the preorder queue... so will like be months before i get one -_-

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats so true. No one can afford one here yet its on stock (maybe thats why its on stock lol) I can probably order it will be here in a week if i had the money ofc. :D

7. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    I tried to order one, but it was out of stock 5 minutes before it went on sale. I never stood a chance. Congrats to those legit purchasers who just wanted to play games and not scalp. I doubt there was many of you.

8. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I wouldnt rule out just short supply and high demand even without scalpers.

Nvidia stated low early supply earlier for the 3090 and I think it probably has even more interest than anticipated.

Scalpers of course are a problem. And always will be.

9. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Cancelled my order. Asked the shop if they'd have even an estimate what month I'd get my card, they said they have no idea. I might just wait and see what Navi brings. I'm going to build new PC once Ryzen 3 comes out, if the 6900 is good I might just pick it up. It'd be my first PC since 2003(9800 pro days) that I'd have all AMD/ATI system.

Undying and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well hopefully the money hasn't been wired just yet, but i hope to get the card within the next two weeks.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3090 graphics cards face Crash To Desktop (CTD) problems

The ongoing problems with GeForce RTX 30 series launch are reaching new grounds. From a very limited stock, sponsored videos ahead of independent reviews to actual hardware issues with the very few cards that were already delivered – this launch will definitely not going to be positively remembered.

We recently reported on a problem that had arisen in the last few days and it seems that we have only touched upon an issue that is rapidly escalating. To make things worse, NVIDIA has still not officially acknowledged the issue.

The timeline

But let’s go back a little to understand what exactly is happening:

1. September 15th: Colorful is the first manufacturer to report the instability issues (unofficially through emails):
    2. September 17th+: The first customers who bought RTX 30 series cards start to report on the problems. To our knowledge, no reviewer had reported the issues.
    3. September 23rd: ComputerBase made the first article on Crash to Desktop issue. On the same day, VideoCardz.com makes the first English report.
    4. September 25th: Igor Wallosek (igor’sLAB) publishes the first analysis of the problem, suggests that the capacitors may be a problem.
    5. September 26th: Board partners make first official statements,

More -> https://videocardz.com/newz/manufacturers-respond-to-geforce-rtx-3080-3090-crash-to-desktop-issues

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, the cheap capacitors on the cheap boards is the issue... aka the good/expensive models dont have any issues.

Just another reason to never get a cheap version of a highend gpu.

Sylencer, AuerX and Maddness like this.
  13. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    From the EVGA forums:

https://forums.evga.com/Message-about-EVGA-GeForce-RTX-3080-POSCAPs-m3095238.aspx

"Hi all,

Recently there has been some discussion about the EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 series.

During our mass production QC testing we discovered a full 6 POSCAPs solution cannot pass the real world applications testing. It took almost a week of R&D effort to find the cause and reduce the POSCAPs to 4 and add 20 MLCC caps prior to shipping production boards, this is why the EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 series was delayed at launch. There were no 6 POSCAP production EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 boards shipped.

But, due to the time crunch, some of the reviewers were sent a pre-production version with 6 POSCAP’s, we are working with those reviewers directly to replace their boards with production versions.
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 series with 5 POSCAPs + 10 MLCC solution is matched with the XC3 spec without issues.

Also note that we have updated the product pictures at EVGA.com to reflect the production components that shipped to gamers and enthusiasts since day 1 of product launch.
    Once you receive the card you can compare for yourself, EVGA stands behind its products!

Thanks
    EVGA"

Spets, Maddness and XenthorX like this.
  14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems like Asus and EVGA are the only ones to catch it pre-production.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    This site did review several of the new cards, and nun of this was found?

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Most of the reviewers use top spec hardware when testing, unlike many users, something to consider.

Maddness likes this.
  17. Mito96

Mito96 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090
    Hi.
    I have the gigabyte 3090 gaming oc since the 25th and I have not had any problem with any game.
    The card reaches a maximum of 1920 mhz, I have it from stock.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  19. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Which was your previous GPU ?

20. Mito96

Mito96 New Member