100.65 WHQL, Vista + Geforce 8xxx series.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Roccer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ratzuk

ratzuk Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 980
    WHQL Not on my system there not

2. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Its propably not the drivers, but youre PSU!?! I had a Silverstone 600W before and i also got terrible performance in BF2/BF2142. But I upgraded to a Thermaltake 750W Tough Power PSU, after all my games run perfectly without any issues. SO im pretty sure its youre PSU. 500W isnt enough even if nvidia says it should be!

3. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Overclocking working with this driver?

4. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    lol same here.. In fact every single driver ive ever installed has been bugging me with that "Not WHQL" warning. Every single one. Both back in XP and now in Vista. Every one of the hundreds of nvidia drivers ive downloaded from nvidia.com over the past 4 years. Always says they are not WHQL :) A bug in windows i think..

So, do these have digital vibrance for 8800 yet? =D

5. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    LOL no its not the PSU.. this one is rated well over 650 and is one of the best you can get.. plus when I was running this same card on XP Pro it ran fine with BF2.. no its a mix of Vista, BF2 and Nvidia drivers causing the issue not the PSU.
    The whole system isn't pulling but a little over 380watts under full load anyway according to my little meter.

6. ratzuk

ratzuk Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 980
    Battlefield 2142 issues still....

End of every titan game i get booted to desktop with rendDx9.dll error

My brothers pc is same spec except he got 8800 GTS card
    His game lags every so often but doesn't crash.

Only difference is card, and that i done fresh format/install of Vista whereas he upgraded from XP then deleted xp folder !!

7. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Work fine on my Dell XPS M1210 laptop w/ 7400 go. Modified the INF myself and all is well.

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok whatever you say bro! My games played ok sometimes too. If you have performance issues with BF2 with youre card, something is wrong. And i know its not the drivers, coz they work fine for me. So either its the PSU, or YOU are doing something wrong!!? :)

9. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    3rd time i ask question... Overclocking is working with new driver 100.65???

10. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    BTW, the G80 isnt that hungry on Wattage. Its the ampage you should be looking out for! Maybe you dont have enough ampage on the 12V rail?? That was exactly my problem. How many Harddrives you got? What other pci hardware do you have, how many fans and stuff. This is often the problem, specially with Quad 12V lanes.

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    so.... can anyone explain to me exactly how to install Vista and have it work when using an 8800GTX? i've tried just about everything (Vista Business by the way). tried 32-bit, 64-bit, safe mode, normal boot, hell... even used vLite to make a custom Vista Business x86 install disc with the nForce, Forceware, and Audigy 2 ZS drivers installed right off the bat, and the furthest i ever got was to just the beginning of the performance analysis that takes place shortly after installing. Constantly getting page faults and other random crap.

Really want to try the cascades demo from NVidia.... debating if i want to try putting these on a custom disc to see if they'll help me at all.

12. wid0wmaker

wid0wmaker Guest

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT SC
    overclocking is no longer a part of the drivers from what i understand, it sounds like they are going to release a separate app for that.

13. mtmouse

mtmouse Member

GPU:
    2 280gtx water cooled
    it's in ntune.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.25.00.html

"This is a complete, updated release of the NVIDIA nTune. You are not required to install a previous version of this application before installing the latest version.

nTune 5.05 adds support for GPU temperature monitoring and overclocking on all motherboards.

On nForce motherboards where specific BIOS support is not available, only basic functionality will be available.
    Products support for advanced motherboard monitoring features:
    nForce 220, nForce 220D, nForce 415 and nForce 420D
    nForce2 and nForce2 400
    nForce2 Ultra and nForce2 Ultra 400
    nForce2 400R and nForce2 Ultra 400Gb
    nForce3 150 and nForce3 PRO 150
    nForce3 250, nForce3 250Gb and nForce3 PRO 250
    nForce4 Pro 2200, nForce4 Ultra, and nForce4 SLI
    nForce 590 SLI, nForce 570 SLI, nForce 570 Ultra, nForce 550
    nForce 680a SLI, nForce 680i SLI, nForce 650i SLI, nForce 650i Ultra
    Supported operating systems for this release:
    Windows XP (32-bit)
    Windows XP x64 Edition
    Windows Vista (32-bit)
    Windows Vista x64 Edition
    Best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color "

14. wid0wmaker

wid0wmaker Guest

GPU:
    Evga 8800GT SC
    will ntune work on non-nforce motherboards?

ok it does

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  15. bb12489

bb12489 Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    if these drivers r official drivers.....then y r they not on nvidia's web site?

16. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    OCing is in ntune...it just does not work.

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    again its not my PSU..
    http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI

It has a 34amp/38amp peak rail.. one HDD... one audio card one 120mm fan LOL just get that out the way to clear up how you think its the PSU.. it may have been in your case but this PSU I have is from PC Power and Cooling and SLI certified. Its one of the best you can get ask anyone here.

But its clearly the driver support and Vista... it gets better upon each driver to say the least so at least we are heading in the right direction. I run BF2 MAXED out.. high settings way up..so if your not then you would never see the problem at hand. Also with me having to "hack" my Audigy drivers with ALchemy that prob isn't helping any. But ohh well.

Your PSU you replaced I can see how it wouldn't hold up so no PSU is not my problem.. I've been building computers since the mid 80's.. wanna try again?

18. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok i give up. I run BF2/2142 on max settings max resolution. Running without any problems. Runs even better almost than on XP. Ive been building pc only since start of 90´s. Not an old fart like you, but still i seem to build em better than you!? :D

19. GM AC

GM AC Member

This is the first set where Video Settings work for 79xx cards. For the first time I can set Edge Sharpening and Noise Filtering on Vista. :cheers:

I guess WHQL means something after all...

20. GM AC

GM AC Member

I had also submitted a bug about video colors looking washed out, and I don't see that problem on this build. Maybe they really read my bug report and acted on it... Not bad... :cheers: