Review: GALAX GeForce RTX 4070 EX White edition 12GB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Our review of the GALAX GeForce RTX 4070 EX Gamer White has revealed it to be a proper choice among the RTX 4070 range. With performance that rivals the founder edition, this graphics card operates wi...

Review: GALAX GeForce RTX 4070 EX White edition 12GB

fantaskarsef, tunejunky and mbk1969 like this.
  2. Sylwester Zarębski

Sylwester Zarębski Member

GPU:
    AMD
    $599 is no premium? Then i9-13900k at about same price is medium level CPU? It is huge difference between CPU and GPU price levels...

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    You aren't buy a GPU, unless you are an AIB partner or a laptop manufacturer. Then you would buy them in the thousands. Consumers buy graphics cards. They have the GPU chip itself, which is every bit as complicated as a CPU, the memory, which is no less advanced the the RAM on the PC motherboard, the PCB, the power delivery, the cooling. When you buy a CPU you only get the... CPU. If you want to get more, you'd need to buy a whole PC, which will be more expensive than the CPU alone, obviously. That being said, the graphics cards are getting too expensive as well, with the enthusiast models being ridiculously expensive. But business is business. From a business pov if something still sells as expected, it's not too expensive.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

yeesh!
    i mean Galax sure can make a good looking card, but i expect the aib to make a better card than FE

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    qft.

Sadly, this move on Nvidia's side (and AMD's intention maybe as well) is what got EVGA to quit.

tunejunky likes this.