The Intel Arc Alchemist GPU Shows Off in a New Blender Benchmark

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Exciting time ahead.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If Intel is so eager to succeed they would show some gaming benchmarks for their discrete gaming gpus. I feel we seen everything but the only thing that matters.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Still in the early stages at moment. It's nice to have another player on the market. Nvidia and AMD are probably not worried though.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Nvidia probably isn't overly worried with its 80% share of the discrete gaming graphics card market, but AMD should be worried. I reckon Nvidia might be more worried about the laptop GPU market and the server market. It could be easier for Intel to reach Nvidia performance levels in compute cards, plus Intel has its own fabs, so it doesn't need to compete with others for TSMC capacity. In fact Intel can still buy TSMC capacity in addition to using their own plants, making things even more difficult for the competitors. Intel is an old dog in all kinds of marketing, under the table, and backroom deals, so Nvidia should be careful in the future. For the time being business still goes to Nvidia when they want the best, but everything in life is transient.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    amd should be worried,
    intel can write drivers.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia 90's style i hope. :D

8. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Jeez I would throw a tantrum if my job title included "Evangelist"

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    AMD will be okay but could have been so much further down the road where market share is concerned.
    Theirs and their board partners mistake was driven by pure greed and a total discounting of gamers in favor of bulk sales to miners.
    Suddenly the guys and gals who had stuck with them didn't matter.
    All companies engage in practices to benefit shareholders and that is fine to an extent. You still have to appear to care about those who support your growth.
    A decent allocation to gamers versus miners during the pandemic would have done that.
    Intel ARC will be my next card if priced properly.
    I think it will do exactly what I want performance-wise.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I am genuinely curios about these GPUs.
    Intel, where are they?

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    hey if it brings prices down, doesn't consume a billion watts, and is faster than my Rad Fury, I might buy one.

12. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    A method of allocating cards doesn't exist, so it didn't happen. Miners make money with the cards, the more cards the more money, so they will outcompete gamers automatically. AMD and Nvidia can't follow every buyer home to see how the card is used. Maybe Intel will still get a slice of the fat pie if Russia starts selling oil in exchange for Bitcoin, making the mining craze relaunch.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Depends on the context.
    With open-source drivers, both AMD and Intel do a fantastic job at writing drivers. For AMD, their open-source drivers are so well-optimized that their GPUs often move up a whole performance tier compared to Windows or Nvidia. For Intel, they really seek to improve the entire stack and they commit to the features they advertise and continue to optimize chips that have been long obsoleted. That being said...
    While Intel does a much better job than AMD at day 0 driver releases (and is most likely the reason Arc is being delayed), they have a nasty tendency to prematurely drop support of devices on Windows. While I would easily recommend Intel for non-Windows users (even Mac), regardless if Arc turns out better than we expect, I would still advise against them for anyone who intends to use Intel on Windows for a long-term GPU. At least until Intel proves to have some level of commitment.

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    That would be cool if they could improve my laptop igpu drivers then cause they are actually worse than the ones by AMD.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    AMD have their own market share when it comes to laptops as they are low powered. Which fits in with what consumers are looking for at the moment. I also read somewhere that various states in America are limiting computer GPU power outputs. What that actually means is another question.