AMD Fourth Quarter and Annual 2016 Financial Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced revenue for the fourth quarter of 2016 of $1.11 billion, operating loss of $3 million and net loss of $51 million, or $0.06 per share. Non-GAAP(1) operating income wa...

AMD Fourth Quarter and Annual 2016 Financial Results

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    11% lower guidance over traditionally already slow quarter ..
    so when they are going to start shipping new stuff in meaningful volume. not in next 3 months, hopefully should I say

3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Impressive results. Hopefully the new products should see them go out of the red again.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm no financial expert but seems a lot of use of the word LOSS there.

Maybe lucky for me I went and bought a GTX 1070 this time (and one of their Shield TVs yesterday too).

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    "On a non-GAAP(1) basis, gross margin was 31 percent, up 3 percentage points year-over-year primarily due to improved product mix and an inventory write-down recorded in Q3 2015. Operating income was $44 million compared to an operating loss of $253 million in the prior year. Operating income improvement was primarily related to higher revenue and the IP monetization licensing gain. Net loss was $117 million compared to a net loss of $419 million in the prior year. Loss per share was $0.14 compared to a loss per share of $0.54 in 2015.
    Cash and cash equivalents were $1.26 billion at the end of the year, up from $785 million at the end of the prior year."

6. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Well atleast it is steps in the right direction for amd. Now with zen/vega hopefully they will come closer to breaking even this year.