Windows 11 Insider Builds

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Jun 16, 2021.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I want to get into insider program and I can't because I need to enable optional diagnostic data, but it doesn't stay enabled it puts itself to disabled as soon as I exit the page. What to do?

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    You can download a iso and try from there.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Anyone know if scheduling of canary builds works better than that of release builds for Ryzen CPUs?
    With Zen 3 1xCCD 8C CPU, I'm seeing absurd 5-20% constant deviations in various games that disappear when pinning game process on only "physical" cores (every 2nd logical core). (Which of course is not even close to being an acceptable workaround, as this pretty much always causes stalling issues in modern games.)

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    how can i download the latest win 11 home 22h2 iso file? if anyone can post a direct link plz, because last i downloaded an iso from the microsoft website, was 22h1 although it was written that it s 22h2

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there isn't a 22h1 for windows 11.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the one i downloaded was 22h1, and not 22h2... i had to wait for all the updates to be downloaded again, it was a freakin hassle to make it 22h2

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can you please provide a direct link for 22h2? thanks

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is not a 22h1 version of Windows 11

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    is it time to install windows 11 without having any issues concerned to gaming performance? meaning, is it time to ditch windows 10 and install 11 and play games same performance as win 10? or should i wait still

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No canary this week unfortunately!

I did find something cool though, live 11, windows 11 running in ram!

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The slow update bug has been fixed! pretty good build so far! Next version will probably have a large version jump.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I switched back to insider dev builds, what's the easiest method to disable the watermark?

Wasn't an issue before OLED :oops:
    upload_2023-4-26_23-29-16.png

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No idea if it is possible , I've never disabled it.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25352

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25352 to the Canary Channel.

Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders in the Canary Channel will notice that the name of the branch shown in the desktop watermark has changed to ZN_RELEASE. Just like we have done in the past, we can change which branch we flight builds from. As our engineers work in development cycles internally, we may prioritize work being done in a specific branch and may need to move Insiders between branches. We are treating these builds the same as we would treat builds from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. As a result of this change, Insiders will notice that some features have been removed temporarily. We look to bring these features back to Insiders in the future. And builds from the ZN_RELEASE branch should not be viewed as being matched to a specific Windows 11 release.

REMINDER: As builds released to the Canary Channel are “hot off the presses,” we will offer limited documentation for builds flighted to the Canary Channel (no known issues for example), but we will not publish a blog post for every flight – only when new features are available in a build. And like the previous Canary Channel build, this build has a few new features and changes to document.

Changes and Improvements
    [Widgets]
    • We are beginning to roll out a new widget picker experience to Windows Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels with an image that gives a visual preview of the widget before pinning, a deep linking ability that allows users to jump directly to the picker from the provider app/service as well as a link to the widgets Store collection page where users can discover more apps with widgets.
    [​IMG]
    Updated widgets picker.
    For developers
    You can download the latest Windows Insider SDK at aka.ms/windowsinsidersdk.

SDK NuGet packages are now also flighting at NuGet Gallery | WindowsSDK which include:

These NuGet packages provide more granular access to the SDK and better integration in CI/CD pipelines.

SDK flights are now published for both the Canary and Dev Channels, so be sure to choose the right version for your Insider Channel.

Remember to use adaptive code when targeting new APIs to make sure your app runs on all customer machines, particularly when building against the Dev Channel SDK. Feature detection is recommended over OS version checks, as OS version checks are unreliable and will not work as expected in all cases.

About the Canary Channel
    The Canary Channel is the place to preview platform changes that require longer-lead time before getting released to customers. Some examples of this include major changes to the Windows kernel, new APIs, etc. Builds that we release to the Canary Channel should not be seen as matched to any specific release of Windows and some of the changes we try out in the Canary Channel will never ship, and others could show up in future Windows releases when they’re ready.

The builds that will be flighted to the Canary Channel are “hot off the presses,” flighting very soon after they are built, which means very little validation and documentation will be done before they are offered to Insiders. These builds could include major issues that could result in not being able to use your PC correctly or even in some rare cases require you to reinstall Windows. We will offer limited documentation for the Canary Channel, but we will not publish a blog post for every flight – only when new features are available in a build.

Our Canary Channel won’t receive daily builds; however, we may ramp up releasing builds more frequently in the future.

The desktop watermark you see at the lower right corner of your desktop is normal for these pre-release builds.

Important Insider Links
    Thanks,
    Amanda & Brandon

Blackfyre likes this.
  18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That isn't new, windows 7 had it too.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Somehow it did not work properly since windows 7 then because it is the first time i actually see it.

21. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25357

Changes and Improvements
    [General]
    • The new volume mixer experience in Quick Settings mentioned here is now available for all Insiders in the Canary Channel.

22. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    To disable the watermark .. use universal watermark disabler

It was built in XP era but still works today

Blackfyre likes this.