ASRock Micro-ATX Motherboard with AMD A620 Chipset Revealed in Leaked Photos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Embra and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    A620 appeals to me - I don't care about PCIe 5.0 or beefy VRMs, since I want my next system to prioritize efficiency (so I'll probably be undervolting) and I don't care about achieving hundreds of FPS. Now all they have to do is release an ITX version.

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    This motherboard above has 4(CPU)+1(ram)+1(igp) with just 4 stages 65watt would be fine 95 watts will be the absolute max with out good airflow or direct air hitting it most likely will throttle the CPU anything over that will be out of the question

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm keeping my eye on a 7700 (a 65W part) and then undervolting it. I don't intend to use the iGPU, and I'd probably go with 6000MHz for RAM. So, I should be well below the thermal limits. In any case, I'd probably glue some small heatsinks to the VRMs just in case.
    I'm committed to upgrading my GPU first though. CPU performance really doesn't matter that much in 60FPS gaming and it's ridiculous if I upgrade my CPU for a 3rd time before swapping out my nearly decade-old GPU.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Without some psycho pbo setting the 65 watts 7700 should be fine , my msi's pbo was pushing my 5800x to 180 watts and 1.375 v ..... Now it happily runs on 1.18v (I got a supper good piece !) But I bet a lot of those chips will run 1.25-1.26 just fine !