EVGA has terminated its partnership with Nvidia , which brand to use ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by retiredat44, Mar 15, 2023.

Tags:
  1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    EVGA has terminated its partnership with Nvidia , which brand to use ? I really like my EVGA stuff. What should I use if I wanted to stay with Nvidia? In other words, which is as good and not low quality. I am not an AMD person, as the Nvidia stuff works the best with stuff I play. IMHO. I have no clue if there were any forums with this discussion already, I know this is old news from last year.

iNerd likes this.
  2. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I was in the same boat, long time EVGA user.

Most brands are fine, I went with MSI for my 4080 but it could as easily have been Asus.

alchemist83 likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im in the same boat i exclusively bought EVGA for decades. Asus and MSI probably only brand i would buy from at this point. I might buy asrock if they made nvidia cards, but is very short list i would think of buying from gpu from.

Asus has huge premium on there name but horrid customer service?( dont know i never had to rma anything to asus) MSI quality just as good about same price. and only brands i seen that do 2 hdmi ports is asus and gigabyte, which something i currently would need for my next gpu less i get new monitor or do DP to hdmi converter.

iNerd likes this.
  4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    EVGA here too. What a bummer this crap happened. Maybe MSI in the future, not sure. One thing I do know though, I'll avoid Gigabyte and Palit. The former are liars. The later seem to have quality issues (my Palit became defective, and so did a friend's one.) Small sample size, yeah, but still :p

BlindBison and iNerd like this.

5. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    I went with Asus TUF 4070 TI. Have had no issues...card runs cool and does a fantastic job at 1440 and even decent at 4K. I have had no issues with Asus customer service...granted not in EVGA's league...but I had to RMA a motherboard...total turnaround time was 12 days and replacement board was fine. I currently own an MSI motherboard...and worry about ever having to RMA it. So many complaints on Reddit

6. I haven't thought about what brand I'd go for; EVGA was "the" choice I thought of with NVIDIA.

I had no issues with a few AMD GPUs with MSI, but it seems odd to associate them with NVIDIA. I got ran-around with ASRock's warranty years ago and wouldn't consider them for anything. I've heard many complaints about GIGABYTE motherboards and wouldn't consider them for a GPU.

I could see myself going for an ASUS NVIDIA card. I don't know who Palit is, but they'd be my second choice. MSI would be a safe third option.

7. John Eisberg

John Eisberg Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4090 OC
    EVGA Precision X1 is dead. Latest version 1.3.7.0 dated 10/21/2022

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    For me it's "whatever seems like the best value, except for Gigabyte if I have a choice, because they're dirty criminals". I hear all of their RMA processes are pretty bad. I went with MSI for my 4090 because it was priced well below all other options due to an actual real sale (which is extremely rare here) + reviews that pointed to it being a fine choice despite oddly not using a vapour chamber. That and I know my local MSI RMA facility have done right by me in the recent past, even if it was a very slow process.

Asus is a very popular brand but this generation their prices have been ludicrous, plus just today I heard the reason more mice don't use swappable switches is because of Asus' patent trolling. That and, you know, everyone says despite making decent products their RMA process is horrific. Luckily for me I haven't had to deal with it in so long that I don't remember the last time I did.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    At one point i thought about getting a MSI 4070ti cause when they first launched that one one for 799$ a week later it went 100$ the same card (microcenter). I general buy a $350-$450 card and keep it for 4 generations or more most cause i stagger my gpu change to be 2-4 years after console release. but i wont do that with 799$ card let lone one that is 1000+.

Microcenter might have some insange cpu/mb deals and some it ram in the combo, but i noticed microcenter DID scalp gpu price during the "crazy"

Asus or MSI is who i will go with when either price stop being stupid or that 1070ti litterly dies leave me no choice either get new gpu or bench my pc time being

The day "if" it happens the get back into GPU busniess I am sure the current RMA card I have 1030 which STILL carries the lifetime warrenty my original 9800gtx had, will be dead and I will RMA that for another free upgrade, well providing they dont go out busniess

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    EVGA's quality was a figment of imagination

asdf2345 and Icanium like this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    which has nothing to do with anything.

Greggy_D and BoomSlang001 like this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It has everything to do with everything, once you get over the "EVGA was the best" brainwashing, you can start looking for products that actually are of quality make, and you'll soon get over the myth of EVGA's warranty implying any sort of notion of quality.

Galax for example has always outshone EVGA's designs and has a normalized lower incidence of expected life time failures.

Asus, Gigabyte and MSI are all manufactured via Pegatron, with the support and engineering teams being different between them

PNY is US owned, and may choose to make up the difference in the US market (then again it is already making bank from producing quadros and nvidia HBM units.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Sadly, no brand that makes Nvidia GPUs even comes close to EVGA when it comes to warranty and customer service.

I went with ASUS this time around because it was the only card with a brand name I could get at MSRP around here at the time. I do hope I'll never have to utilize the warranty, however, as ASUS warranty claims have been problematic for me in the past, albeit not quite as bad as with Gigabyte.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never said the cards where the best or there products.

The do have best Customer service as far as concerned which was main reason why i always bought from them And alot people will agree with me on that . your opinion is just that your opinion, just like mine is mine. you dont have to like or even agree with it. opinions and preferences dont require other to agree with or even like it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Greggy_D likes this.
  15. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya because EVGA stopped making cards but the last build will work with whatever card they made up too date.

16. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I haven't owned anything but EVGA from the start of me using pc's. My 980ti wich I have now is EVGA but whatever card i get next will be my last not into gaming that much anymore but there are a few new titles I won't play until I get a better card 4070ti maybe dunno. And who I get card from now will depend on price.

17. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    My Evga GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 K|NGP|N Edition is farting into your quality of imagination

Greggy_D likes this.
  18. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    They did update the software to support the 4090 series.

SplashDown likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    OVerkill grade hardware is irrelevant to this discussion, the Kingpins are the only products evga sold worth their cost, and they were built for benchmark runs under LN2, not being wasted in a gamer pc.

When you're selling mediocre products en-mass in the us market, you better have "Yes, Sir, thank you sir" customer support.

JFC, you lot like to ignore the occasions that EVGA got caught out with bait-n-switch component swaps and try to justify it with a customer support service that is ultimately expected of a US company, even if they were selling handkerchiefs.

Most of you swallowed that bad solder bluepill too easily with the 3090 failures (LMAO)

the power delivery will eventually cook itself to death on that card, but that's an issue with the 980ti having underspec R33 inductors, its not a matter of if but when.

[​IMG]
    EVGA were only following the reference here, but they are the most commonly talked about experiencing this failure (if only because the warranty allowed dismantling of the card)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    asdf2345 likes this.
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    stop trying make people think the same as you do. again you dont have like or agree with. stop going out your way to be ass and telling other people there opinions and preferences dont mater.

you get alot flak on these forums being like that it almost like you like to purposely start things , which what you did with first comment.

sykozis and Greggy_D like this.