RTX 4090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Reason. 420mm AIO top exhausting air. 140mm rear plus 280mm front intake air mean all case vent will exhaust instead of intake air. I want the air entering case to go through a fan filter which I have on the front and rear fans.
    If the only fans were the one's that came with the case, the rear fan would have remained exhaust.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    From what i can see there aint any filtering on the rear exhaust? Just a metal mesh that wont do any filtering. Regardless, the gpu will pull in air through the pcie openings - rear fan pointing the way it does just facks with airflow and will cause turbulence.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Why not get an high-grade external soundcard? That's what im doing.

TheDigitalJedi and Maddness like this.
  4. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Simple Reason: General MIDI in Hardware on a creative card is nowadays only possible with this X-Fi Titanium HD and the rather Low Fi Audigy RX (plus EAX and CMSS3D). All other cards that can do this aren't PCIe nor USB. And I love playing old games on DosBox, so I want to have these features.

This minor airflow blocking isn't a real issue as the air inside the Torrent can be held on low temperatures. And that ist the important thing in my eyes.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    New Cable mod added !
    [​IMG]

Netherwind, serbicu, Maddness and 3 others like this.
  6. John Eisberg

John Eisberg Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4090 OC
    What is the man's sandal in the photo? Where videocard RTX 4090?

JaxMacFL likes this.
  7. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Unbelievable, I say I have a fan filter covering the rear fan and you disagree because you can not see the fan filter mesh it in a low res photo.
    If only the GPU fans could pull air from the pcie openings, the GPU fans will not pull in air from the pcie openings. Pulling air into the case is not possible with a positive case pressure.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/smartbuyer/over-easy/pc-cooling-how-to-set-up-computer-case-fans/

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Do you see the question mark at the end of the sentense... that means it's a question, rather than a statement.

And yes, it absolutely can and will. Do a smoke test...

Icanium likes this.
  9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I did, pcie openings pushes smoke away from the pcie opening. When air enter a case thru openings, it is not because it is being pulled in by the GPU, its caused by negative case pressure.

10. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You guys really do smoke tests? Every single component must smell funny :D

Honestly: If one has airflow issues, that would be a thing that one would notice. Nowadays even my RAM Sticks show its temperature (I don't know how accurate that is, but I can still see the delta).

And then there are people like me that don't fear the noise of moving air. I have 3 120mm Phanteks TF30 in front of the Radiator (switches are on 3000rpm) and 2 180mm Fractal Fans on the Bottom of the case. All of them are pushing Air into the case. You could Imagine what happens if increasing CPU temps raise the speed of those fans. You really can dry your Hair inside of that case then (no, I haven't tested it - and I won't do in the future). And yes, the Idea is positive pressure. You can even feel that on the backside Mesh.

Btw: An interesting "Hot Spot" is the place around the 12V HPWR. With all that hot air coming out of the cooler, it really helps pushing cold air between the 4090 and the side panel. I still don't get the Idea why they put the Power Connector on the side. The Back would have been way better.

Cave Waverider likes this.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah I have those Phanteks T30 fans too, those are beastly fans, lots of static pressure at 1500rpm and virtually silent.

the cooler on 4090 over-extend the PCB, that's why the connector is on the side of the entire card

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Prices are really dropping on these 4090s now.

HARDRESET and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Just updated the Bios on my x570 Taichi and suddenly thought about the 'Above 4G Decoding' and 'Resizable Bar' settings from when i had a 6900xt installed.
    So do either of these two features have any impact on a 4090 either positive or negative?
    Both are currently Disabled.

14. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Dont say that :( ha ha ha ha
    Just looking and the TUF is only slightly less than i paid a while ago, i think its dropped maybe £50 to £1900/

15. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    With Resizable Bar the performance varies from game to game. The increase truly isn't much. On my 3090 I kept the option off because it hindered my performance with Spider-Man. Many have reported negatives and positives. The 4090 is such a powerhouse for me personally, it really hasn't made much of a difference with it on or off.

How are you liking that TUF? Yesterday I put mine through many test. I'm proud of her. I pulled 3,030 mhz on the core and 11,705 mhz on the memory while benchmarking. Not bad for being Air Cooled. I do have 10 case fans Lol! I'm letting her rest going forward. :D

fantaskarsef and Icanium like this.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It's an amazing card to be honest, I'm running it at 2.7ghz and just under 1.0v as to be honest the games I currently play are silky smooth. I have COH3 locked to 120fps and DCS to 60 fps (so it syncs better with Track IR). Far Cry ND also set at 120fps as is Metro Redux. Runs very cool but the waterblock is enormous. As I've mentioned it's up with the 8800GTX and 1080Ti when it comes to 'WOW' factor. And I know there's plenty more performance hidden away if/when it's needed.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  17. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    That's awesome man. 2.7 under 1.0v? NICE! I think it's time to do some more tweaking with my card.

I'm still amazed and very happy with this card as well. I am ready to test a true UE5 titles now. I want to see how my setup performs with a well done UE5 game like Black Myth Wukong.

I gotta do some research on Jedi Survivor. I read an article that it is UE4 but some of the Gurus state it is UE5. I know some of us are playing Fortnite and it is UE5 but.......it just doesn't look like it Lol! No offense to the Fortnite lovers. :p:D

18. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Oooof

Time to upgrade the white gamer :D
    Perfect fit combined with white Apex z790 ;)
    [​IMG]

Maddness, OnnA, fantaskarsef and 5 others like this.
  19. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I read this and it's a nice read. I'm doing a pull push config with my front fans. I have 6 120mm executing the pull push method in the front. 3 140mm exhaust fans up top and finally a 140mm rear fan. I'm happy with them and they are extremely quiet. The fans are Lian Li and I kept the original NZXT fans on the radiator since they are high quality and well lit.

My pump is below the highest point of my radiator and it has been flawless thus far. I still gotta give major thanks to my buddy Matt. Building a system currently is far more involved than yesteryear. The lessons with this level of cable management are priceless.

20. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Man that is NICE! I wanted a white card to go with my white X670E-A mobo but there weren't any back in October. You gotta post pics of course. :D

The Z790-F is black so it goes with the TUF OC but my Gundam lighting aesthetic is white, blue, yellow and red Lol.

nizzen likes this.