RTX 4090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Oct 11, 2022.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Besides Gaming OC is a little taller ;) THX
    So anyways, i need angular one and NP.

2. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    @OnnA
    you can put a Gaming OC quite well in a Fractal Torrent. Even with the 180mm Fans on the Bottom and a 360 Rad in the Front. It fits tight, but it works.
    good1 - Kopie.jpg

Just an alternative to your Corsair box

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Finally got a 4090 , I almost got the Suprim X ,
    ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
    was on sale ! at Micro Center down the the street from where I live .

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    pegasus1 likes this.
  6. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    While I was swapping the 4way for a Corsair 12VHPWR cable I noticed this little fella. A red 6 pin socket with nothing in it.
    Anybody know what it might be for?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I think it's the connector for SPECTRA 2.0 RGB Lighting (compatible with external LED strip) there should be a cable for that in the box

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
  9. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Techpowerup review this card, he did a tear down , vapor chamber was a little higher than the memory pads, but well in range, higher fan speed , lower from 76 to 65 , non issue at all for me, hotspot is .

pegasus1 likes this.
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nvidia Quietly Rolls Out GeForce RTX 4090 With New Die ...

Nvidia has quietly started using a new version of its AD102 graphics processing unit for its GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition graphics cards, according to a Reddit post (via VideoCardz). The new version is marked as the AD102-301, and it is believed that it will have a minor impact on the bill-of-materials costs of the graphics boards, though the information is unofficial...

Complete story and source - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-quietly-rolls-out-geforce-rtx-4090-with-new-gpu-model

Information thru some extreme overclockers point to a new binning process , harvesting the best dies " AD102-300 " for the upcoming rtx 4090Ti

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Doesnt it also limit the voltage slightly compared to the 'oldschool' 4090.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess the source for this rumor is somewhere in reddit etc?

Just saying, I don't know if better chips that OC with less voltage and reducing max voltage are balancing themselves out here.

chispy likes this.
  13. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    My Zotac doesn't have a vapor chamber but memory temps (with 1500mhz overclock) are in the 60s at 30% fan speed.

TheDigitalJedi and chispy like this.
  14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wrong , the talk about this binning is thru private conversation within us extreme ln2 overclockers and hardware engineers of third party gpu makers , do i look or sound like a reddit guy to you :) ?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nah not at all, I'm just a noob so I wouldn't know any better on where to look :D
    But yeah, let's see if they bring on the Ti. I'm not buying below a 4090 anyway, or not at all, so another option's always welcomed.
    I was trying to understand what this means for any future buyer's perspective, a 4090 that's "worse" than the first ones and then a Ti which probably will be significantly more expensive?
    Somehow I have my doubts about the vertical PCB and all...

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You have the rear fan pointing the wrong way.

Icanium likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Really ought to remove that sound card, or whatever it is - it is completely blocking airflow to gpu.

Solfaur likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's going to take a while longer for the release of the 4090Ti my friend. Just hold in there bro , you will get it. The new revision of the die seems to fix some problems they had with voltage regulation , it was needed because the ammount of bad rtx 4090 out there is very high ( what i heard thru the little birds/friends in the industry ) , nvidia fix it.

There are many , many posts all over the net about the erratic behaviour and bad rtx 4090 cards with black screens , crashes while idle - example: https://www.overclock.net/threads/massive-rtx-4090-problems-driver-or-hardware.1801381/

The new die revision limits the voltage to only 1.07v versus older die at 1.1v , it limits the overclocking potential in exchange for a more stable voltage regulation. If i hear some more from reputable sources i will update you on this topic.

TheDigitalJedi and fantaskarsef like this.
  19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks, any rumors or infos are appreciated, although I understand there's such things are NDAs too :D
    I wouldn't be too worried in my specific case as I'd put the card under water anyway, making more of those 1.07 than air cooled cards with 1.1 if I'm lucky

20. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This is my true love. A Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. This is the one thing I will fight for until the End. As long as it runs, it will stay.

It doesn't block that much, as we talk about two 180mm Fans pushing air (they are wider than the Soundcard and can move a ton of air). Trust me, my 4090 doesn't get hot. If this would be a problem, I also shouldnt push Air through the Radiator inside the case. But the whole system works very well and on rather okayish temps. I can run stockfish chess and keep my CPU in the mid 80s without throtteling. I've never seen more than mid 60s on the 4090 in games and the highest I've seen was higher 60s in 3D Mark (I don't care for MSI Kombustor/Furmark or Prime95 these days).

Icanium and Cave Waverider like this.