6700XT Problems with stuttering only in some games

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Kali' go GRR, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    I have been having a nightmare since upgrading to a 5800X3D and Asus 6700XT.

Keeping it short and this is a long shot I figured I would just ask here.

Battlefield V, Battlefield 2042 and Destiny 2 are all suffering from noticeable AND ANNOYING frame skipping/stutters, very noticeable when running around moving the mouse, it's like it skips a beat every 15-30 seconds and there's a slight drop in FPS, from say, 120 to 117, a hand full of frames for a brief second.

I have already formatted.

I have tried many things but I just tried this;

Installed COD WW2 and cranked it up to max inc render res so my GPU was at late 80's - 99%+ (my native is 1440p 120hz) to make sure to engage FreeSync, which is working great as I capped frames in game to 115 and it was averaging around 109

The game ran flawlessly IMO. NO problems, it was a treat, I actually got to just enjoy my game, and enjoy a completely smooth experience with FreeSync working as I always hoped. I wish Battlefield ran like this I would be thrilled.

Does this point to something else going on with the games vs my PC itself? I started to think my PSU was duff but then WW2....

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What do you mean sunce you got 5800x3d? What cpu you had before?

What happens when stuttering occurs? Do you monitor cpu/gpu clocks, usage, temps?

3. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    I had a Ryzen 3600 and upgraded to 5800X3D (just for fun and a little future proofing)

I absolutely monitor, however since installing Adrenalin I ditched Afterburner and use the Adrenalin performance overlay (I have tried with it off)

Temps are excellent for both GPU and CPU, CPU isn't even sweating, usage is low for the CPU.

4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Firstly congrats on the 5800X3D.
    You need to flash your MOBO bios to the very latest. MSI is 7A38v9E
    W11 handles games way better than W10. Although you wont notice, until you do, if that makes sense.

5. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    Many thanks Sir, did that before getting the CPU with this one 7C95v2D which is the right one for my Mobo

6. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Ok, btw I am not a sir. Next you want to totally reset your bios, switch off power and pull the mobo battery. Leave out for a couple of mins and then run the bios at default setting. If its still stuttering then I would go for a clean install of Windows and preferably W11. :)

7. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    That's a darn good idea and WOW Windows 11??? I thought that was WORSE for stutters etc LOL

vestibule likes this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    And go into your bios and search for Curve Optimizer. Set it to negative 30.
    This will undervolt your CPU, resulting in better temperatures, lower power usage and more time with the highest clocks the 5800X3D can do.

9. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    Thanks very much Sir, I use Kombo Strike which I believe is MSI equivalent. My temps are great and CPU max boosts all cores under load YAY.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Win 11 has the updated CPU scheduler.

11. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    I have no idea what that is but it sounds GREAT! ;D Many thanks.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Destiny 2 always stuttered.

13. metalbeardmecha

metalbeardmecha New Member

GPU:
    6700xt 12gb
    I to have just upgraded to a 6700xt (saphire nitro+) from a 1070 gtx...first time back on red since my old 7970....Fresh install of windows 11 and i found quite a few games to be having the same frame dropping/stuttering, after some poking around online it seems "Control Flow Guard" was my issue,after turning it off the only stutter i get now is on section with level loading, might be worth checking out to see if it helps GL

Undying likes this.
  14. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    I appreciate this, but my Windows security simply will not open, no matter what I try. Nor will exploit protection if I search for it, it simply will not open.

Now it says I need an app to open windows defender I mean .... I have already started the returns process, all my new crap is going back - worst experience I have had since the last time I tried to use a PC for anything other than checking emails and watching youtube - I'll be making do with my Series X

Thanks all.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats what happens when you install tampered with windows iso's.

16. Kali' go GRR

Kali' go GRR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6800XT
    OK.gif

ass.jpg

Undying likes this.
  17. metalbeardmecha

metalbeardmecha New Member

GPU:
    6700xt 12gb
    & that's what happen when you fill your OS with bloat and spyware & a carbon footprint tracker....wtf.

You can get at the exploit protection settings with gpedit.exe "Administrative templates"

I just came from a dual boot system with win7 main & windows10 (10 was stripped just for gaming) thinking well 11 such be better now it's been out for a while....but dam i think i might just go back to my old setup, even the mouse in windows 11 feels wrong.

Kali' go GRR likes this.
  18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    wouldn't happen to be a bluetooth wireless mouse, now would it?