Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 3, 2022.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yeah doing both in one match doesn’t work either. This has been a problem from day one.

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
  3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Theoretically, but it’s bugged. I’ll complete all the bonus challenges and it will say 0xp beneath both and when I get to the XP screen it doesn’t have any XP there either. It’s straight up broken and it’s been that way for a long while now. I know I’m not the only one, just take a look at Reddit. Since it’s all server side it’s all on IW too, there’s nothing I can do to fix this.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's bugged for sure. Can't say how often I unlocked them with "0XP". For others, the challenges don't progress at all. It's really weird.
    I've also had a time where there were 3 10.000XP bonus challenges. Totally absurd.

wrathloki likes this.

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    I don't play this as much as I want to. The game looks great, it runs amazing on my all of my rigs and it's definitely fun at times, but the maps are all geared toward one specific player (the roof camping sniper). It doesn't help that they made sniping far too easy either, literally anyone can jump into this game and do well at it. I just don't know, lately I've been gravitating toward BF2042 of all games which is inferior in nearly every aspect except people seem to move around more.

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The one thing I really don't get is this: Their starting point, MW2019, was absolutely exceptional. At least the way it launched.
    Then they added more "fun" stuff. It all looked amazing. The campaign, to me, is stunning in both games (although I'm still pi**ed I lost my savegame several times).
    Co-op/raid works well. All fine and dandy up to that point.

But: Why the heck would you use all this with these cra**y maps? The maps are extremely lacking. There's the extreme weight of Warzone on everything.
    Then, might not apply to everyone, but: Why did game modes receive fundamental changes, like Hardcore & Realism/Tier1? None of them really took off like they did previously. The "Hardcore" we have right now is just core with low health.

How in the world did we end up with a camo grinder when the base was such a high quality?

DirtyDee likes this.
  7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    There’s nothing that reveals a lack of skill more than complaining about campers. 100% every time I hear this it’s from people doing bad and also people that funnily enough can’t use snipers for crap.

The maps in this are good (with the exception of Al bagrah and its choke points) but the real problem with the game is the lack of maps. Older games had twice as many by this point. Also tuning all these weapons primarily for WZ really shafts regular MP and the meta there.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The hardcore we have now is exactly the same as hardcore has always been. Tier 1 was an annoying deviation.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not. Even. Closely.

Did you ever encounter Hardcore with, possibly the most obvious, crosshairs? Not me. Not in the last 15 years I've played Hardcore.
    Did you ever encounter skulls for fallen comrades and enemies? I certainly didn't.
    All the hints, like "press this to do that"? Hardcore was silent in that regard. Either you could see the grenade lying there to throw it back or you were screwed.

The list goes on, but the bloated HUD, battle chatter and roughly all the crutches are *maybe* the most obvious.

10. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Uhuh, I'm sure you're god tier in this game...With all the bolt action rifles lacking bullet drop and killing with one shot without it being at the head I'm sure only the best of the best can handle sitting on a roof the entire game.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I just don’t see the problem so many have with campers. They’re not any harder to take down than all the corner jumping, dolphin diving, SMG kiddies on Adderall. Every CoD since the beginning has had people complaining about campers that are just mad cuz bad.

Shataan likes this.
  12. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No idea. I very quickly realized how unenjoyable to play these maps are for me https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-2022.441260/page-19#post-6070694
    More so than Vanguard even. ( I actually really like some of the maps in Vanguard and their atmosphere. Tho not much else )

I'm pretty much done with the game for now. Uninstalled it a few days back, after checking out season 2 for a bit. Not really feeling it at all.

Onto CoH 3 mp and other stuff.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I wonder if what a lot of people are feeling about the maps is the lack of them. There’s so few they get tiring after a while. Past games like BLOPS 3 had 30 whatever maps while this only has what 14 6v6 maps now? Familiarity breeds contempt and everyone is becoming terribly familiar with all these maps.

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Now I have a new bug where I can’t spend BP tokens because I keep getting an error. What in the f uck IW?

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I’m also topping the leaderboard every single match but still only have 6/15 wins toward this event challenge after about 8 hours of play this season. I’m making sure to play the objectives when in objective modes and I’m not going negative ever. I just keep getting stuck on the worst dogshit teams over and over.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Absolutely. To me it's both quality and quantity. And it doesn't make any sense! MW2019 had some great maps. All the older MW titles had great maps. The campaigns have great levels. Warzone has some great spots. What gives?
    And then it's only a few of them. Personally, I really don't judge the addition of Shipment and Shoothouse as an "addition" in any way...

Somehow, the full game feels barely "more" than the beta, which already had the best maps from the game. So disturbing.

18. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'll come back for season 3 just to unlock Valeria [​IMG]

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Black cell op/Faction

Possibly a black cell event

Attached Files: