Rumor: Further GeForce RTX 4090 Ti specs emerge

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2023.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I was talking about 4090s, what with the thread being about the 4090ti, you are talking about TVs.
    *Right, ive re-read your post several times and you mean you had problems with OCUK rather than OCUK having problems with the 4090 series. In that case yeah no online shop is perfect, maybe you got a dickhead worker on the wrong day.

2. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Elmor tool combined with Asus strix or Tuf works to get " voltage" reglation. Galax HOF works with "voltage" regulation.

brogadget, tunejunky and pegasus1 like this.
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yep, I was issuing a warning about OCUK.
    This problem was with at least 3 people via phone and email, trying to dodge doing anything.
    As said, they knew what they had done and only cared about making me go away!

Ormy and pegasus1 like this.
  4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I first ordered a 4090 from SCAN as the site said it was in stock, they took the money then the next day sent me an email saying they were awaiting stock.
    i cancelled, found the same card on OCUK and it had dropped in price so ordered.
    Took SCAN a week to refund my money though.
    Frustrating but i ended up saving a bit in the end.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

you aren't the kind of guy i was saying "e-peen" to
    you are of the subset that buys best perf.

pegasus1 likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    i was thinking about the Suprim X (only 1 that would fit as i use PCIe M.2 card) as a etailer had it briefly @ $1650
    and i thought about the Zotac 4080 as the same etailer has it for $1199... but size and the fact i've never had a Zotac card brings more questions than answers

7. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    No need replace PSU if you have enough space in your Cases. For me seem a better solution just to buy a second 1200W PSU only for the GPU... :D hahah crazy crazy!

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I dont think ive ever had a Zotac card to be honest, and yeah the coolers on these 4000 cards are mahoosive, i thought the cooler on the 6900xt was big and heavy but sitting next to the 4090 one in my cupboard its way smaller.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Wasn't meant as a critique... just a bit of light banter, Ive been a baker for nearly 40 years, married the wrong person then kicked her out 6 years too late... been made redundant and lost my house in the process, had plenty of hardship through out my life and never been gifted a penny but still manage to bounce back, my Msi 3080 SuprimX is the best I'm prepared to pay for but its all I need....for now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thanks but i would like a solution that doesn't require any soldering as it isn't worth the risk. I have the gigabyte gaming oc version which i recently put on a beautiful ek block that cost me a small fortune.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I was shocked to recently check their prices on 4090 blocks. On one side, who spends 1.5 or more of what the last top line card cost probably also spends 1.5 or more on the matching block.
    But on the other side, it actually does not cost more to manufacture I'd jest, and if so, not the increase from 150 up to 250€, imo.

Still, hope it gives you decent temps, how's it working out?

tunejunky likes this.
  12. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I haven't run it yet, my system has been in limbo for a while as i'm too lazy to set up the new custom loop all at once. Hard tubing is so much work... i wish i had just continued with soft tubing. But the card certainly looks sweet! and i'll finally get my pcie 4x slot back which was the reason i started all this.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    haha yeah I know the amount of work one has to put into this... that's why I'm always building my new rig next to the other one before actually using it.
    But thanks for the advice, will use soft tubing again on my next build, thought about going for hard ones this time but never done that before.

14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Then it's not for you ;)
    It's a reason nVidia locked voltage regulation for average joe :)

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The 4090 block from EK is enormous, now I know why it was a bit more expensive than my Phanteks 6900xt block. Cooling is very good though.

tunejunky and fantaskarsef like this.

16. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Mine is just the single sided cooling with a passive backplate, some cards actually require active double sided cooling, i bet those are worst. Mine cost 275US$ which translate to a million dollar canadian.

17. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I’m no average Joe, I’m an above average Joe! But i still don’t want to mess too much with a card i paid 2500$ cad for (tax included). changing from the stock cooler is as much risk I’m willing to take.

18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Vector² Strix/TUF RTX 4090 D-RGB Water Block - Nickel + Acetal | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
    I paid £220 for mine. Was pretty easy to fit although as with all the EK blocks ive fitted the instruction are a little spurious.

19. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Then you don't want to push more "voltage" on that card. That's for shure. 1.2v (stock max is 1.1v), and you will see north of 800w. In the edge of normal watercooling anyway ;)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    800w would probably melt that 12vhpwr connector anyways, at 800w I’d need to watercool the connector too lol I’d settle with a safe 650watts.