Dead Space Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 22, 2021.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Finally got the game! It’s running really great on my 2080ti 4K all turned to max RT also DLSS quality, really happy about it! :D

How to you guys run HDR in this game? I see only off and automatic, and I usually turn HDR in windows on manually via keyboard, then start the game, but not sure if it’s running properly tbh.

Btw bought the EA pro subscription for one month and playing this plus FIFA 23 really nice for 15euros for one month, might buy another month after this one. I wonder if the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor with Call be also included. Did see only a preorder for it atm.

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    @Mei Meigi, I made a mistake when I told you to enable smart access memory. That setting actually has nothing to do with the SSD. It's related to the PCIe bus your GPU is using. S.A.M requires the GPU to be installed in a PCIe 4.0 slot, and is probably already enabled along with "Above 4G decoding."

What I should have said was to make sure your new SSD is running at PCIe 4.0 4x speed and not PCIe 3.0.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Automatic means it's on. The game will look significantly darker with HDR enabled, which makes the game a lot more immersive and scary.

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    SAM does not require PCI-e Gen4.
    Most motherboards do not enable by default Above 4G decoding and Resizable Bar, so the user must enabled it manually.

Carfax likes this.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Mine enabled it automatically, so I assumed that other motherboards did the same.

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Mine didn't. And I had a friend a couple of months ago trying to enable it and having crashes, until I told him he also needed to enable Above 4G decoding.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Has anyone had any crashes to desktop since the new patch? I've had two crashes to desktop post patch that I never had before, with no errors generated in event viewer. I think it's tied to MSI Afterburner, because after disabling MSI Afterburner, I haven't had any crashes since.

Some games can be finnicky with overlays, but it's weird how I never had any issues before the update with MSI Afterburner.....assuming that's the culprit.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah I got that, it’s just that even when I set auto HDR in windows it doesn’t trigger for some reason, only works doing it manually, but definitely if you have an HDR capable display makes the game more immersive:D

Also game looks quite good, not amazing though, guess that is why I am able to max all out :D They nailed the atmosphere completely! And man! That sound! One of the best sound implementation out there!

PS: playing with headphones and already told my wife to turn the light in my room on before trying to actually talk to me. She gave me quite a few nasty scares in the past lol. I jumped out of my chair like a little b**** :D

Carfax likes this.
  9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Haha.
    I'm playing with 5.1 system and tbh it's not scary, i guess it's time for 3D headphones.

I hope they can solve the traverse stuttering issue already, it's so nasty.

serbicu likes this.
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yup, good pair of headphones, dark room, and it can get quite scary imo.

moab600 likes this.

11. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Not to my knowledge.

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Still using some old MSI afterburner, no crashes here so far, but then again I only played for about an hour or so.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I fixed the problem. My memory overclock was too high apparently and was causing crashes to desktop. Dropping the frequency fixed it.

If anyone ever has inexplicable application crashes with no errors or anything, there's a high probability that it's due to memory instability.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    That’s interesting, my memory sits at 3600 right now, did not encounter your issue in none of the games I’ve played so far.

EDIT: I see your running some latest memory generation right there, not my old crap ones :D

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yay! The VRS patch fixed the broken blue locator indicator line in my game finally so I can now see it again! I also no longer need to use the third-party VRS mod as it can now be disabled from the Graphics options (and is disabled by default). Also, this may be placebo, but the game felt like it was running smoother with less stuttering when I briefly played the Chapter 4 asteroid section this morning. Need to play it more to be absolutely sure though. Good that the developers are patching issues quickly but it baffles me how no-one noticed the VRS issue prior to launch, certainly on PS5 where it apparently looked horrendous.

Carfax likes this.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Controversial I know but I despise playing third-person games on PC with mouse and keyboard controls, mainly because movement with the digital WSAD keys just feels so unnatural compared with an analogue stick where you have much more precision and control over the movement speed and direction. Thankfully, I don't play games competitively so I don't feel handicapped in any way. I use a controller for about 98.5% of my PC gaming and only use the mouse (and keyboard) for point and click adventures, strategy and RPG games where I do not directly control the character.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The exact opposite for me :p I don't use a controller unless it's for emulators. My hands start hurting if I use a controller for more than 30 minutes. And I just can't aim with a controller anyway. It's a huge handicap for me to use a controller for games where you need to aim with a crosshair.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It just goes to show that the patch did change some things when it comes to streaming performance, because the launch patch never crashed for me not even once. This latest patch however has higher performance, and I'm certain they tweaked the streaming algorithm in an effort to eradicate traversal hitching/stuttering.

This came at the cost of slightly higher CPU usage, and greater memory utilization to increase asset streaming.

serbicu likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Seems about right.

Btw, I just encountered a nasty one! Suddenly, my fps went down to 18 and stayed there locked! Had to switch from DLSS to TAA and back again in order to solve this. Played another hour after that, and no issues at all. Anyone else experienced this ?