Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    nice! :cool:
    I just thought it would have been cool to be recruited by someone here on guru3d since I've been here for a while, instead of using a random code which is what I ended up doing ;)

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    No, that's the best way to do it. Hopefully you used one of these:

gorefer.me
    screferral.space
    randomizer.transversetheverse.com

You can add your own code to them as well. This way, everyone gets the love shared around.

Also, 3.18 is about to hit in 2-3 weeks. It fundamentally changes the dynamic of the game. SC is already epic, it's about get even more epic :)

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    OnnA and Repo Man like this.
  4. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    It is working great for me these days, smooth af and the eye candy is legendary.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Has there been any news as to when the singleplayer game releases?

I haven't payed much attention to if for a while...

XenthorX likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Man that's what I'm most looking for. I have been part of the early testers "evocati" almost since it existed but all I am looking for is the single player with Gary Oldman !

7. Star Citizen has already reached status of the biggest crowd funding scam in gaming history. There is not much more they can achieve in this regard, so it might be a good time to start releasing... something.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    said the guy that has never installed it, let alone played it.

no updates till february.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  9. Your crystal ball is failing you, try polishing it a bit more next time.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    And Henry Cavill! I was really surprised by him being included..

XenthorX likes this.

11. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Thx, I think I used randomizer.transversetheverse.
    I thought I was going to open with 6000 credits, while instead I have 25000. Don't know why.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Dyslectic programmer(s)?

13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    20k is standard for a ship package I think, and you get 5k more from the referral. Don't worry, this barely covers a couple full suits of armor, and you'll lose that quick!

If you're new there is SO much to learn, but once you do, it's one of the best games you'll ever play, even in its current alpha state :)

14. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Game is choppy for me, but the potential is so evident that I want to dive in anyway. Trying to play with both controller for first person and hotas for flying. I'm used to doing it in Elite, seems a bit more complicated in Star Citizen. Haven't even scratched the surface yet, but what I've seen looks amazing.

Btw, Aurora starter package grants 1000 credits, so the 25000 literally fell from the sky.

15. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Currently SC will compile shaders on the fly every time you enter a new area, causing major stuttering. However, this only happens the first time you visit a new area and subsequent visits will be smooth as the shaders are now compiled. The shader cache is cleared after a new driver install though, so occasionally you'll get those stutters after upgrading your Nvidia driver for eg, and then they will go away again. This should be changing with 3.18, where they are pre-compiling shaders. That's due out in a few weeks, we hope. The new Gen 12 completed renderer is also in 3.18, and will provide some performance uplift. They are going go to move onto implementing Vulkan next.

Some quick tips for performance:
    1) In the Nvidia drivers set your shader cache to at least 5G. On its own, if you visit most of Stanton, SC will use up to 4.2G of the cache. The stock Nvidia driver setting is 1G, so this will cause stuttering as old shaders are evicted and new ones compiled over and over again.
    2) It seems contradictory, but whatever your hardware old or new, set all in-game settings to High. SC is massively CPU bound right now, and Low settings move more load onto the CPU, creating worse performance than High. Disable Volumetric clouds can help around major planets too, though maybe turn them back on in 3.18 with the improved renderer as they are beautiful!
    3) Vsync off in-game and Fast Sync set in Nvidia drivers. It's just smoother in my experience.

And of course, make sure SC is on an SSD at least :) Oh, and SC will use around 20G system memory running, so 16GB systems will also stutter. Upgrading to 32GB solves this (which is exactly what I did, speaking from experience).

BlindBison likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dont turn your clouds to very high on nvidia card

[​IMG]

BlindBison likes this.
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Don't play the game in 4k either. Maybe 1080p?

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    With the 4080 and 7900xtx?

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yep. The game isn't very well optimized for anything really.

20. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Thx guys for all the helpful tips!
    I am waiting for two 16Gb ram sticks, so if all goes well I should have that covered, as it’s pretty much the only upgrade I can afford atm.
    My 1080 gtx chugs behind my i9-9900, but I’ll have to live with that as gpu prices here in Italy are out of reach for normal people with a normal life and a normal job, and a mortage for a video card is not in my future plans.
    I’m playing at 3400x1440 native on a 34” UW gsync compatible monitor, perhaps I should start using Nvidia’s NIS at this point.
    Should I disable gsync, btw? And/or perhaps limit fps through nvcp?