Short Review of Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo and G8 Neo

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Andrewtst, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    You don't like it, it is ok. ;) but you had no proof of vast majority don't.

Samsung never remove it, it is always not the top tier premium phone is flat.
    For example, S22 is flat, S22 Ultra is side curved.

The Flip and Fold cannot do curve at the moment, but once they manage to do it, the curve will return.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Come now, do you think that samsung removed curved screens from all phones bar one, without having made customer studies...

3. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    As I previously stated, Samsung never removed it. The most expensive models are always equipped with curved screens. This has been the case since the first time Samsung introduced the curved screen. There is never a cheap model phone with a curved screen from Samsung.

If you prefer a flat screen, go check out other brands, and stop release fake statement "Samsung removed curved screens from all phones bar one", because doing so will not change the fact.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    With the s9 lineup they were all curved. With the s10e lineup, the s10e had a flat screen, while the rest were curved. With the s20 lineup the curve was drastically reduced. And with the s21 lineup only the ultra had a curved screen, while the rest were flat, which is still the case today.

So yes, they have moved away from curved screens on phones over time, regardless of how you (fail at) attempt to spin it...

5. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    If there is no market, why does Samsung keep high-end series with curved screens instead of low-end? They reduced the curved because the original curved had an impact on usage, not because no one was buying curved screen mobile phones.

You can keep barking, but you're not going to get a flat screen highest-end model monitor from Samsung. :D

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If people wanted a curved screen, then why doesn't the entire S lineup have a curved screen? Because the vast majority don't want a curved screen...

The only phone that has a curved screen now is the gimmick phone (aka s22 ultra), which no normal person would buy... but you're clearly the target group for gimmicky products like that...

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    curved screens are dumb, both for holding and for viewing.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    So, did you both get the screen you wanted from Samsung after barking? No, it does not. :D
    Continue to bark, and perhaps one day Samsung will hear you and release the highest premium non-curved screen for you both.

There is a lot of display and brand. Curved or not is user preferable.
    If Samsung did not have, just look elsewhere. Why complicate your life by wishing for something that does not exist? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is Samsung financing your posting habbits?

10. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    No, but why are you both not interested in curved screen monitors and posting here asking for flat screen? This is a review of both curved screens; continue posting that you don't like curved screens will not make them flat.

If you are not interested in a curved screen, please check out other brands. Does this sound like Samsung financing me? lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    The1 and Trunks0 like this.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    So finally pulled the trigger on the Neo G8 and man what a great monitor!!! I thought my old 32 4K Lg IPS calibrated monitor was good lol :D ITS LIKE I HAD A CLOTH OVER MY EYES ALL THE TIME!! Everything was like washed out really, now jeez never seen black look so black before, and man that HDR!!! :D just blows my mind tbh.

EDIT: just before the G8 had bought the Alienware AW34223DW and although it’s an amazing monitor I could not stand the pixel density, so sent it back , I guess my mystake was going from 4K down to 1440p resolution.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    Andrewtst likes this.