Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was unable to upgrade to Windows 11 on my old i7-4770K PC due to its age and lack of TPM support but I decided to opt for Windows 11 Pro with my new i5-13600KF system which arrived yesterday.

I have to say that I am genuinely surprised at how different Windows 11 feels and looks compared with Windows 10. I was led to believe that it was pretty much Windows 10 with a centrally placed Start button and a slightly different Start menu layout. The differences are much more than that and overall I actually really like, especially the little icons for Cut/Copy/Paste and Delete that show when you right click on a file in File Explorer. All that is missing is a tabs feature for File Explorer but I used Stardock's Groupy for that on Windows 10.

I have signed up for Windows Insider again but opted only for the Preview Builds. Is Windows 11 now stable enough to do that or should I opt out of Windows Insider and just stick with the release builds? I use my PC mostly for gaming, browsing and listening to music/watching YouTube with one day a month being for remote working from home.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The tab feature for File explorer is there by default now. At least it is with the latest KB update.

3. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    windows 11 22h2 with new updates again Same problem with DPC issues

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Protip: Use Windows 11 *Spectre* with no autoupdate and stripped the way YOU want. Maximum performance with no DPC issues ;)
    Now I'm using 22H2 22621.232

5. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, you don't have DPC issues. You have non-working app issues.

[​IMG]

7. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Just a recommendation for W11 from me. So, with the advent of version 22h2 it became obvious that it was now worth a rub. Initially went for the W11 pasted on top of W10 upgrade which had issues.
    But I have now gone for a clean install of W11 and for me this time no problems it just works.
    Now, as a gamer I like to be in full control of an OS when I am installing. W11 wants to connect to the internet as soon as it can and potentially mess things up.
    For me W11 was denied. Lug pulled and with Shift+F10 I was able to by pass W11 internet connection aspirations.
    And in command type OOBE\BYPASSNRO. and with that you can install W11 as you like.
    Most definitely I amazed by the HDR capabilities of W11. Its almost wizardry. :)

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    January 10, 2023—KB5022303 (OS Build 22621.1105)
    Windows 11 version 22H2, all editions

Release Date:

1/10/2023

Version:

OS Build 22621.1105

Important: For Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) devices, see the Special instructions for Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) devices in the How to get this update section to address security vulnerabilities in CVE-2022-41099.

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. For an overview of Windows 11, version 22H2, see its update history page.

Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the Windows release health dashboard.

For more information about the tips included in this month's video, please see the following links:
    Highlights
    • This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
    Improvements
    This security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:
    • This update addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.

• This update addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Microsoft are doing my head in man... I'm not on 11 but saw this thread update which made me check if there was a new update for 10 and there was.

All yesterday afternoon I was trouble shooting AGAIN the Microsoft Store not signing in, I tried the following.

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then tried repair and reset of the the Windows Store app.

Then uninstalled all the vc++ redistribution and reinstalled... which has fixed this issue in the past but not this time.

So long story short after today's new update I opened Windows Store and went to try signing in again and it worked.

Hey Microsoft......

[​IMG]

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Change your password.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That won't do anything...

Windows Store signs in just fine, now it's the xbox account sign in that's broken.... lol.. gotta love Microsoft.

[​IMG]

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Upgrade to Windows 11 then. :)

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

xD

In the time since last comment I've figured it out.... damn it was my own fault this whole, was blocking something from having access to internet.

14. Nice that you got it figured out!

I'm on LTSC and also got a CU a little bit ago, and I'm surprised at how easy it was to install Minecraft. One command to install Store, a quick MS log-in for apps only, downloaded MC Launcher and both MC games from the Microsoft Store, the Xbox app and Identity provider, and Minecraft worked fine even bedrock in VR. I also found my account on MineRealm that I haven't logged into apparently since 2014 :p

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Is it time to install w11 or should i stay w10 for a little longer?

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Try it and find out.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    KB5022360.

Highlights.

* This update addresses an issue that might occur when the Input Method Editor (IME) is active. Applications might stop responding when you use the mouse and keyboard at the same time.

* This update addresses an issue that might occur when you convert or reconvert Japanese Kanji using a multibyte character set (MBCS) app. The cursor might move to the wrong location when you type.

* This update addresses an issue that affects picture files you find using search on the taskbar.

* This issue stops you from opening those pictures.

* This update addresses an issue that stops you from searching for a file based on the file’s contents.

* This update addresses an issue that affects some game controllers. When the game controller is connected to the computer, the computer might not go to Sleep mode.

tensai28 likes this.
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    For the love of god, some programs dont save the window size when computer restarts, steam/discord for example.

Save window size option in settings is ON.

Windows 11 latest build.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Electron app window sizes are only saved when closed while non-maximised,

Restarting terminates the process, it doesn't close it gracefully.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    February 28, 2023—KB5022913 (OS Build 22621.1344) Preview
    Windows 11 version 22H2, all editions

Release Date:

28/02/2023

Version:

OS Build 22621.1344

For information about Windows update terminology, see the article about the types of Windows updates and the monthly quality update types. For an overview of Windows 11, version 22H2, see its update history page.

Note Follow @WindowsUpdate to find out when new content is published to the Windows release health dashboard.

Highlights
    • New! This update improves the search box experience on the taskbar. As you type in the search box, search results now appear in the search flyout box. You can also change the search experience you want for your taskbar by going to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. For commercial customers, this update adds a new policy for IT administrators to manage how the search box on the taskbar appears in your organization. For more information, see Customizing search on the Windows 11 taskbar.

• New! You can now access Windows Studio effects directly from quick settings on the taskbar for devices that have a supported neural processing unit (NPU). This makes it quick and easy to turn on and configure camera effects. These effects include Background blur, Eye contact, Automatic framing, and Audio effects (Voice focus). You can still access these effects in the Settings pages.

• New! This update makes it easier to get help if you are having PC issues. You can now find Quick Assist in the Start menu’s All apps list.

• New! This update introduces a touch-optimized taskbar for 2-in-1 devices that you can use as a tablet. There are two states of this taskbar: collapsed and expanded. To switch between the two states, swipe up and down on the bottom of your screen. When collapsed in tablet mode, the taskbar recedes to give you more screen space and keeps you from accidentally opening the taskbar. When expanded in tablet mode, the taskbar is optimized to be easier to use with touch. Your taskbar will automatically change to this optimized version when you disconnect or fold back the keyboard.

This feature only works on devices that can be used as tablets and is on by default. To change that, go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar behaviors. The setting is called “Optimize taskbar for touch interactions when this device is used as a tablet.” If your company manages Windows updates for your device, this feature will be off by default. Administrators can turn it on using the new commercial control for continuous innovation.

• New! This update provides enhanced support for braille devices. They will continue working while you switch between Microsoft Narrator and third-party screen readers. Narrator will automatically change braille drivers. For more information, see Chapter 8: Using Narrator with braille.

• New! This update also adds support for new braille displays and new braille input and output languages in Narrator. Some of the new braille displays include the APH Chameleon, the APH Mantis Q40, the NLS eReader, and many more. For more information, see Chapter 8: Using Narrator with braille.

• New! Windows now provides energy recommendations. If you use them, they can help to improve the energy efficiency of your PC and reduce your carbon footprint. Go to Settings > System > Power & Battery > Energy Recommendations.

• New! For devices that are joined to Azure Active Directory (AAD), Windows now provides AI-powered recommended content on your Start menu. On the Start menu, you will find content to help you to prepare for meetings, quickly access files you're collaborating on, and more.

• New! This update enhances the system tray. All icons will have a rounded focus and hover treatment in the lower right, including the “Show hidden icons” flyout menu. You can move icons to rearrange them in the “Show hidden icons” flyout menu or move icons to the taskbar.

• New! This update makes voice access more flexible and supports interaction with more user interface (UI) controls. For example, voice now interacts with controls that contain:
      • Names that have numbers, such as “Click 5”

• Names without whitespaces between them, such as “click PivotTable” or “click PivotChart”

• Names that have special characters, such as Bluetooth & devices (“click Bluetooth and devices”) or Dial – up (“click dial hyphen up”)
    • New! Voice now supports spin controls, thumb controls, and split buttons. You interact with these controls by using the “click” command or number overlays. This update also addresses issues that affect snapping commands that snap a window left or right. Commands that move the cursor in a text box now run instantly.

• New! This update also provides voice scrolling enhancements. You can use voice to scroll to the extreme left and right on a page. You can also use continuous scrolling to the left or right like what is already present for vertical scrolling. For more information about the new voice access commands, see Voice access command list.

• New! This update makes enhancements to Task Manager. These include:
      • Filtering—You can now filter processes using the binary name, PID, or publisher name. The filter also applies when you switch between pages. The keyboard shortcut is ALT+F.

• More theme options—You can now choose a theme for Task Manager that is different from the Windows theme. Also, all dialogs, except for Run new task and the Properties dialog, now support themes. The dialogs will use app-specific themes or the Windows theme.

• Efficiency mode—You can now opt out of confirmation dialogs when you turn on Efficiency mode.
    • This update addresses an issue that affects the Color filters setting. When you select Inverted, the system sets it to Grayscale instead.

• This update addresses an issue that affects IE mode. The text on the status bar is not always visible.

• This update addresses an issue that displays a blue screen during video playback. This occurs after you set high dynamic range (HDR) on your display.

• This update addresses an issue that might affect the touch keyboard and the PIN entry keyboard. You might not be able to use them to enter text when you sign in to your device.

• This update addresses an issue that affects which folders appear in the Browse for Folder picker.

• This update addresses an issue that affects File Explorer. When you use Shift+Tab or Shift+F6, the input focus does not move.

• This update addresses an issue that affects the user interface (UI). The volume up and volume down commands from a Bluetooth keyboard do not display.

• This update addresses an issue that affects Xbox subscribers. If you buy an Xbox subscription using the "Redeem code" option, the Xbox subscription card does not appear on the Settings Accounts page. This issue occurs when recurring billing is off.
    Improvements
    This non-security update includes quality improvements. When you install this KB:

• New! This update adds the new Tamil Anjal keyboard for the Tamil language. To add it, make sure Tamil (Singapore), Tamil (Malaysia), Tamil (Sri Lanka), or Tamil (India) appears in Settings > Time & Language > Language & Region. Select the ellipses (…) next to the language. Select Language Options. Add Tamil Anjal (QWERTY) to the list of keyboards.

• This update improves the reliability of Windows after you install an update.

• This update affects the United Mexican States. This update supports the government’s daylight saving time change order for 2023.

• This update addresses a date information issue. It affects the format of dates sent between Windows and some versions of the Heimdal Kerberos library.

• This update addresses compatibility issues that affect some printers. These printers use Windows Graphical Device Interface (GDI) printer drivers. These drivers do not completely adhere to GDI specifications.

• This update addresses an issue that affects the software keyboard. It does not appear in the Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE) after a Push-button reset (factory reset). This type of reset requires an external keyboard to be attached to provide credentials.

• This update addresses an issue that affects AppV. It stops file names from having the correct letter case (uppercase or lowercase).

• This update addresses an issue that affects Microsoft Edge. The issue removes conflicting policies for Microsoft Edge. This occurs when you set the MDMWinsOverGPFlag in a Microsoft Intune tenant and Intune detects a policy conflict.

• This update addresses an issue that affects provisioning packages. They fail to apply in certain circumstances when elevation is required.

• This update addresses an issue that affects Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Using a provisioning package for bulk provisioning fails.

• This update addresses an issue that affects Universal Print's Configuration Service Provider (CSP). A command prompt window appears when you install a printer.

• This update addresses a reliability issue that occurs when you use Task View.

• This update addresses an issue that might affect lsass.exe. It might stop responding. This occurs when it sends a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) query to a domain controller that has a very large LDAP filter.

• This update addresses an issue that affects the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). LSASS might stop responding. This occurs after you run Sysprep on a domain-joined machine.

• This update addresses an issue that affects copying from a network to a local drive. Copying is slower than expected for some users.

• This update addresses an issue that affects parity virtual disks. Using Server Manager to create them fails.