MSI releases QD series monitor MAG321QR-QD equipped with 1440P resolution IPS panel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Why the QD naming? To deceive customers into ithinking this to be QD-OLED?

3. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Could just be quantum dots. QD-OLED ≠ QD.

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I do think they are trying to confuse the consumer into thinking the QD = QD-OLED. Most consumers have a hard time knowing the difference between QLED and OLED.

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Imo, that's the consumers fault.

AuerX likes this.
  6. chumpenstein

chumpenstein Guest

GPU:
    6900xt
    They've had "QD" monitors for almost 2 years now, just stands for Quantum Dot, I have one of the MSI Optix monitors I bought at the start of last year

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Is not like monitors have some clear naming scheme since every creator seems to throw letters and the first 2 numbers of the string normally say the inches w27bctr-qd ... Here I made a new monitor name :p

8. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    LOL I don't. How many people on the street could tell you what a QD-OLED, OLED, and QLED is? Seriously all these terms were intended to sound the same and confuse people. Most people are not spending time becoming experts in tech.

Embra likes this.
  9. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Your argument makes no sense. Do you think the average person on the street understand pretty much any technical details or specifications? Do you think they really understand the difference between logical and virtual cpu cores?
    However, when it comes to TVs pretty much all that info is on advertising boards in any PCWorld/Currys (UK) and if anyone is buying anything without having some sort of understanding of what they are buying then that is their own damn fault and responsibility.

10. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    People buy stuff all the time without a clue as you pointed out. I'm just saying all this was meant to sound the same to confuse the average joe that is just walking into a store to buy a TV that looks good on the shelf. Sure people in a perfect world should be more informed but they are not. Their friend said get an OLED so they picked up a nice Samsung QLED(Actually have overheard this conversation). You can pretend like folks buying stuff should spend a ton of time researching but the truth is most spend virtually no time. I am not going to blame someone that would rather spend time with family then reading TV reviews, but I am going to blame TV manufactures for making things sound the same.