GeForce GTX 1060 black screen problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by obelix4d, Dec 29, 2022.

1. obelix4d

obelix4d Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GF GTX 1060
    Hi all,

I have a problem that I would like to solve while waiting to buy the new GPU.
    I currently have a GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6GD. When windows updates the drivers, or I try to update them from the manufacturer's website, the monitor goes black and I see randomly the desktop for a few thousandths of a second. The same thing happens if I reboot the system. The only way to be able to use windows 11 again is to restart in safe mode and delete the update done or uninstall the GPU drivers. I'd like to know how I can solve this problem, which also prevents me from installing some programs. This thing happens to me even if I use the GPU on a different pc, and even with win 10.

Thank you for your help. :)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the card is faulty, replace the card.

A M D BugBear likes this.
  3. obelix4d

obelix4d Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GF GTX 1060
    Hi Astyanax, thank you for your help. There is something to do to check the GPU? Thank you :)

4. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Had this problem on one of my Titan Xp's, had it for a year and it was used, was mainly using it for Folding@Home, after a year or so, every time when I install the Gpu drivers, within 15 seconds or so, the system automatic reset itself, now under safe mode, everything is fine, I tested this particular Titan Xp on another system just to make sure and yup, did the same exact thing, I also believe, if I remembered correctly, flash the bios for this card in hopes to bring it back to where it was before, and nope, same thing happened, faulty gpu.

I also had a 980ti, that was also used for Folding@Home awhile back, it was used regularly, after well over a year or so, the gpu stopped working entirely, I checked this particular gpu on another system, nothing within device manager and the card was bone ice cold, and I believe there was another 980ti I had that was also used for Folding@Home, on one of our machine, device manager picks it up, while the other machine does not, card was faulty.

Ever tried that GTX 1060 of yours in another system to see what the reaction would be there?

Ever tried flashing the gpu bios?

If both fails, as Astyanax said earlier, card is faulty, replace gpu.

5. obelix4d

obelix4d Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GF GTX 1060
    Thank you A M D BugBear :)

Ever tried that GTX 1060 of yours in another system to see what the reaction would be there?

Yes, I have the same problem
    Ever tried flashing the gpu bios?
    not yet.

6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Flashing the bios keep that for the last option if nothing else works ,i have an INNO3D OC 3060 12GB and never have a problem with the card. :)