Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Didn't have this COVID thing either. All in all, not too bad sales wise given the conditions;

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Agreed, Covid, Ukraine and both effecting the Chinese economy. The downside to global economies being so closely linked.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    PlayStation VR2 launches in February at $549.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
    (Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones )

[​IMG]

PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station
    $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
    Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.

[​IMG]

PlayStation VR2 Specifications
    Display method OLED
    Panel resolution 2000 x 2040 per eye
    Panel refresh rate 90Hz, 120Hz
    Lens separation Adjustable
    Field of View Approx. 110 degrees
    Sensors ・Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)・Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
    Cameras ・4 cameras for headset and controller tracking・IR camera for eye tracking per eye
    Feedback Vibration on headset
    Communication with PS5 USB Type-C®
    Audio ・Input: Built-in microphone・Output: Stereo headphone jack

PlayStation VR2 Sense Controller Specifications
    Buttons

PS button, Options button, Action buttons (Circle / Cross), R1 button, R2 button, Right Stick / R3 button
    PS button, Create button, Action buttons (Triangle / Square), L1 button, L2 button, Left Stick / L3 button
    Sensing/ Tracking Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope + three-axis accelerometer)Capacitive Sensor: Finger Touch DetectionIR LED: Position Tracking
    Feedback Trigger Effect (on R2/L2 button), Haptic Feedback (by single actuator per unit)
    Port USB Type-C® port
    Communication Bluetooth® Ver5.1
    Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery

pegasus1 likes this.
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm not spending $550 for more beta hardware that will trickle out games at 10 a year. The system without any head trickery can barely get games out the door. I understand the price because of the hardware. I just don't have any belief the software will be there to show off the hardware much. VR is such an afterthought at this point. And the games are so limited. Everything tends to be on the rails and held by the hand.

Maybe when it comes down to $300 and has a decent library in a few years.

serbicu and pegasus1 like this.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

[​IMG]

Cool new feature

Deleted member 282649 and Ghosty like this.
  6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    New patch for GT7 bring a track with corners you cant see until you go past them, a BMW M2 thats just a slower M3 and the Sierra Cosworth RS500 that is super nostalgic but handles like an overloaded barge.
    Possibly a bump in AI logic as in a race last night two AI controlled cars span off while entering corners too fast at Spa.

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I want to buy PS5 just to play GOD Ragnarök, but i hate playing with controller.
    Anyone else been in this stupid predicament?

8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive only ever played certain games on a console and other on the PC, basically just use my PS5 for FIFA, GT and UFC, everything else then its big boys hardware.

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I play with a controller on PC for most 3rd person games. No issues playing the latest gow on PS5.

10. They should have planned native PC support at launch through SteamVR. It would be the best general PCVR headset, and might have even gotten a few additional PS5 purchases from people that already have PSVR2. I have no plans on buying a PS5 and would get Xbox if I wanted a console now, but if I had PSVR2 on my PC and got bored of PCVR, I would have considered buying a PS5. I have a G29 FFB racing wheel that I bought for PC, and I'd carry that over to a PS5 also, if I had a reason to buy one :p

But nope, they tie it to a single console, don't allow PSVR2 to work with PSVR1 games, have it priced as-much as the console and make it a $1000+ entry, and then there's the gamble that enough PSVR2 games are released to make it worthwhile.

Serotonin likes this.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I have a hard time buying into VR. I tried several years back. It's just not ready. But I agree, if this was compatible with PC it would make me more interested than I am. I've just seen too many promises of "this version will be better and have more support" with various technology to buy into it. But I hope they follow through. I actually enjoyed nvidias 3d glasses/nvision more than I have any VR stuff. That was a fun piece of hardware to tinker with.

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im the same with DCS Flight Sim, all the VR guys swear its the best thing but to me its not ready, immersive yes but minecraft graphics or pedestrian framerates for me take away the enjoyment. Im happy flying on a 32" 4k screen at 100fps while being able to seee the HOTAS and keyboard.

Serotonin likes this.
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  14. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Death Stranding 2 :cool: lets hope its another masterpiece.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Here are all the PlayStation Wrap-Up 2022 Astro Bot avatar codes you can redeem:

XJAK-XHN5-J6NQ (Europe – General Avatar)
    E2EC-A4NE-NK8C (Europe – Shooter Avatar)
    G82P-9GN6-LX56 (Europe – God of War Avatar)
    88QQ-GPN2-C4JB (Europe – Combat Avatar)
    MKQG-B9N7-H3KE (Europe – Racing Avatar)
    4NAG-MQN6-B3FG (Europe – Sport Avatar)

C5CD-C2NJ-R239 (US – Wrap-Up 2022 Avatar)
    CPDR-JFN9-TJA2 (US – Action-Adventure Avatar)
    H75N-8HNP-H5EP (US – Fighting Avatar)
    MNNX-CXNG-L6GB (US – Racing Avatar)
    BA5N-RNNE-P3EK (US – Shooter Avatar)
    2LJB-8JND-4H9G (US – Sports Avatar)

drandiiski likes this.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    After sometime not being able to play due to baby and what not I am so happy to be back to my PS5.

I gave up PC gaming because it was consuming way too much of my time and also it can be pricey considering my new family member.

Played a few rounds of BF5 last night on the couch and I forgot how smooth it is on the PS5. The vibration on these new controllers is so cool too.

Also, can anyone recommend a good wireless headset for the PS5? or is the official one good enough?

Feel good. Wanted to share my vibes.

serbicu and pegasus1 like this.
  18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    I have the original headset and I’m quite happy with it :). It if you need a better one, just go with the
    SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ - Wireless Gaming Headset :D has full PS5 support I think

TaskMaster likes this.
  19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Thanks. I ended up getting the original. They work very well and I'm happy that we can change the EQ as well. They are very comfy too! stick nicely without giving me pain.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    serbicu likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Good choice:) they are quite good, and I am very happy with the performance, the only drawback is that they are not loud enough in some situations.