13700KF with AMD PBO Boost at 6100Mhz PC Gaming maybe best AMD CPU I ever owned

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by bobnewels, Dec 7, 2022.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    13700KF 6100Mhz Boost PC Gaming.Just kidding about best AMD CPU I ever owned because that was AMD 7700X.

Same BIOS settings as below but with changes to 6100Mhz boost P-cores cores and 5800Mhz all P-core 4400Mhz E-core and 4800Mhz Ring Clock settings.

If you do not know how Intel boost works you can ask all the professionals on the forum or I can tell ya.

Simple BIOS settings anyone can use on Intel Motherboard depending on which Intel gen CPU,13th gen for this video with Boost up to 6100Mhz light loads or 5800Mhz all core heavy loads

BIOS settings are for reasonable 6000mhz single and 5500mhz all core
    Simple-OC.jpg

On Screen Display if anyone wants to know

180+ RTSS Gauges download
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yeOoaWS7bAMgg5KB6cbiQjUBY_Qny_jf/view?usp=sharing

So recording is from desktop with two different PC games on a continuous recording,so no funny biz and no special PC gear

For those who just want to see CPU clocks

pc gaming 6100mhz.jpg

PC used in this video

♦ CPU - Intel 13700KF With MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2
    ♦ GPU -MSI Gaming TRIO 3070Ti
    ♦ RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB CL36 6000MT's
    ♦ Mobo - ASUS Prime Z-690 P DDR5 (BIOS 2014)
    ♦ SSD - ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade Read:7400MB/s; Write: 5500MB/s
    ♦ DSP - LG B9 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED G-Sync Over HDMI
    ♦ PSU - EVGA GQ 1000W ♦ CASE -Phanteks Eclispe 500A

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Also think my 13700KF is broke only boosting to 6200Mhz in PC games
    ai.jpg

TheDigitalJedi and Valken like this.
  3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    How do you like it compared to the 7700X? Do you notice anything different so far?

TheDigitalJedi and bobnewels like this.
  4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Actually I am going to sell this 13700KF and buy the AMD 7700X again,it was the best CPU I owned for me in PC Gaming.Also sold my RTX 4090 cards and buying 7900XTX cards.I think I told you this already.
    Best CPU for gaming I used in the last few months
    AMD 7700X
    Intel 12600K
    13700KF is the worst for the games I tested but I am convinced the 13700KF will be the best CPU for PC gaming once they get the bugs ironed out.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi @bobnewels,

I'm just curious. Why did you sell your 4090 cards? Which cards did you have? I have the Asus Tuf in each build and I'm truly enjoying them.

pegasus1 likes this.
  6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well truth is I am a nut,I have bought at least 4 PC gaming rigs in the last 2 months.I did sell 3 RTX 4090 GPU's because I am going to buy AMD 7900XTX cards and not sure how many at this time.if They suck ,i will just buy a rtx 4090 surprim x or RTX 4090 founders edition and call irt a day.
    There is no reason ,it is just a hobby like your hobby,.
    GPU I owned in the last two months are RTX 3070TI/RTX3080/RTX3090/RTX4090 and actually using RTX 3070Ti on my main PC gaming rig and perfectly happy with the performance,except in a couple game it sucks.Also I do not need to have the best of the best,I just like PC gear and anything will do for me.Best GPU I ever owned is the RTX 4090 by 1000%,first GPU to play most game at 4K with 60FPS.

That is the best answer I have today,tomorrow it might change to something else.

TheDigitalJedi, pegasus1 and Valken like this.
  7. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    May as well add this video at 6200Mhz boost

Valken likes this.
  8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Must be amazing on OLED regardless of the platform.

You mean 7x00X3D! :D You and me brother.

TheDigitalJedi and bobnewels like this.
  9. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    EDIT: nvm

10. kllakaze

kllakaze Guest

Hey buddy ,,, Im back at it again realizing i never set a wattage limit on my 13700k . It was running at 5.5 p core and 4.4 e core.. 1.287 volts with an small offset.
    now i limited wattage to 225 and my cpu core speeds start at 5.5 and 4.4 then when load hits it start to drop to 5.2. 5.4. and fluctuates. Any ideas? im hitting only 27k in cinebench R23
    I weas at 31k to 32k

11. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Have you actually tried the BIOS feature in bold yet.SEt that and you should be fine.Try it out
    BIOS-F21
    9.11 MB
    2022/11/15
    1. Checksum : 97F6
    2. Improve DDR5 5600 32G
    3. Improve the linkage between Resizable and 4G above
    4. Add "Instant 6GHz" profile in CPU upgrade option (supports i9-13900K/KF and i7-13700K/KF)

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Looks normal, dunno what did you expect with 225w by cb23.

That will use over 250w easy ( my 11700kf at 5.1ghz can use over 250w) or more on yours, I think close to or over 300w

13. kllakaze

kllakaze Guest

my bios options are not labeled the same as yours which is kinda throwing me off the whole time tbh. I know each brand uses diff names for settings. I do not have an all core sync option or I just don’t see it , but I can set each core separately of course which I see in your settings. My mce is disabled as well. My vcore is set at 1.29 with a -0.30 offset , if I make the offset higher I fail Cinebench. What vcore did you set before making your offset? If it’s there I didn’t see , sorry it’s 4:19am here. Also I have set all to default and tried the gigabyte 6ghz setting but I didn’t even boost past stock boost so I’m really at a loss or very very confused.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I set my main cpu voltage at 1.28v but somehow it doesnt register cpu vid much, offset limits that further.

about offsets, it depends, cache frequency also affects offset.

The higher the less offset tolerance, since they both combined under vcore now.

If i keep cache at 40x i can use offset up to -0.120, if higher e.g. 41x it's already -0.060

Also thermal tdp limit should be the same by all, set both short and long tdp p1 and p2 to 255w that should be a safe limit imo. It's what msi uses as tower aircooling setting

And if you want to limit cpu of using too much try avx offset -2 or -4, since now it uses per core avx

15. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Dude there is no way at all that your settings will work with what you wrote here,it is impossible.
    You also have all core sync option 100% I see it in your screen shots.

So adaptive voltage setup is wrong in your screen shots.Like I said before I am convinced your screwing with me,in case your not.

Your also saying the F21 BIOS does not work with instant overclocking even though it is made for your CPU on your motherboard.I will never buy another Gigabyte motherboard lol

Please read the whole thing on the Gigabyte motherboard on 12900k GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Master . Minimum at least the section 7 part ,It explains everything better than I can write for you.
    SkatterBencher #30: Intel Core i9-12900K Overclocked to 5500 MHz - SkatterBencher

Please read this whole overclocking with 13700 on MSI motherboard. Minimum at least the section 7 part
    SkatterBencher #50: Intel Core i7-13700K Overclocked to 6000MHz - SkatterBencher

EDIT;I have sold gear a few times on the forums.
    I even have a better option for you. I will sell my 13700KF and motherboard to you and you can run your games with boost I can set in BIOS for your at 6000Mhz.

16. kllakaze

kllakaze Guest

Thank you for the advice buddy. Ill see how that goes.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. kllakaze

kllakaze Guest

Dude I promise Im not screwing with you lol.. I really wish I could say I was so I didnt look stupid on here. Lets start here... Ive always been a set core speed ,,,, when there was no per core like up to 10th gen i believe. even though I had a 12700k before the 13700kf I am totally lost on all the new settings and how to even oc correctly.. eneable 1 thing and something else changed input options on me ,,, confusing at the least, frustrating as well because I been at this for 20 something years and here I am like a newbie. Its also confusing watching vids and stuff because I cant find any with the board im on with the right setting names for me on the F21 bios with all the new options to mess with... I never got into adjusting ring or anything like that ever lol.. Dont undersdtand what it does besides adjust settings of other things as well which i could look up and try to school myself on the subject... I will try your settings again and see if i can input them correctly on my board. I really aprreciate the patience, and Thank you for the link to 12700k and gigabyte board. I will check back on this thread soon.

18. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Yes I believe you your not screwing around.I am not mad I am trying to help you out.Stuff is confusing and I am not an overclocker.I can only get my gear to work the way I want.

Check this out,It has been over a month Nov 09 2022 since I linked to the skatterbencher overclocking guides with the same motherboard you have with all the settings.done for you.It is the same motherboard and you have not looked at the settings after a month.Let me know if you think what I wrote is normal with someone looking for help.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/temp-issues-with-my-new-13700kf.445269/page-3#post-6070532

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Btw Ring multiplier is cache multiplier on other boards.

20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi @bobnewels,

I admire the fact that you share helpful information on your channel and here. I find myself tuning in to your gameplay videos to witness tweaks and performance. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the 7900XTX. My goal for this gen was too have an Intel 13900k rig with the 4090 or 7950X with the 4090. AM5 was released first so I went for it. My plans changed again due to my impatience with AM5 and flip flopping from my original goal. I started disassembling and almost returned my AM5 gear but I received help from another Guru with the BIOS update.

Before I witnessed the AM5 results, I rushed to Microcenter and grabbed the Intel parts because things sell fast and I was worried about the AM5 performance. While building the Intel rig, the X670E-A Bios update was released LOL! Thankfully Guru Endbase brought this to my attention. I was pleasantly pleased. I then saw an opportunity to purchase another Asus Tuf OC 4090 at MSRP. I jumped on it quickly. I'm now extremely happy with the systems because I'm putting them to work. They're making money and providing awesome entertainment. That's the story behind my systems lol.

I will definitely tune in to your channel to see your results. I would love to hear your opinions on the 7900XTX. I truly think that the 7900XTX along with the release of FSR 3.0 is gonna rock! Gamers will still enjoy the benefits of image quality, Raytracing and high frame rates.