Alienware Aurora R15 offered with 13th generation Intel Core and GeForce RTX 4090

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 likes this.
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Watching non-sponsored Alienware review videos has been like watching a horror comedy show, even from a hobbyist PC builder's pov. I wonder if this new iteration is any better? Dell would have got a truckload of free improvement information from those videos, but traditionally Dell is apparently not very receptive to feedback, no matter how constructive.

3. Plume

Plume New Member

GPU:
    MSI 4060TI 16GB
    From what can be seen they kept their awful cramped case that will suffocate these high end components, I can already see from the pictures that they also kept the proprietary mobo which is terrific for upgradability of the system, charging 2k7 for these system is an awful lot for a non upgradable computer with bad thermic

Why_Me likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This news is kind of sad, for me because I know a guy who has way more money than sense, who will get exactly this. I've been trying since summer to convince him what kind of plastic mess these Alienware prebuilds are behind the "fancy" looking outside, even sent him that infamous GN video tear-down. He's still set on getting it. It's even sadder that he's actually quite the "OG" gamer, know him to have the latest and greatest for 20+ years. Somehow though, building PCs always scared him and I guess the allure of convenience is just too strong, lol.

Shame on Dell for building such substandard, thermal throttling, underperforming and of course overpriced prebuilds. But since they obviously can get away with it, they'll keep making them like this. Great monitors though... :p

Kaarme likes this.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    With new immersive hair dryer sound now 30% louder :p

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Don't you have the kind of computer stores that assemble the PC, charging some tens of euros for the trouble, using the components you have chosen? A long, long time ago such service was actually free, and I guess expected, so my first two custom PCs were all ready when I fetched them from the store. Then when the stores started to charge for the service, and I also started to get the components from two or more places, I began to throw the organs into the carcass myself.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I remember those times, used to have that free service myself as a kid, would usually bring the guy a pizza and a soda or some other treat after the build was done. Nowadays here it's either buy shitty prebuilds (most stores have some, even the crappy ones), or buy the parts and build it yourself. Or I guess one could hire a guy to assemble the build. But my man is just too lazy for any of that, and would rather dish out the cash for the Alienware space heaters. :rolleyes: