Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    The GUI mode is intended for easier setup without messing anything, useful for someone who doesn't know which tweaks are good for most systems ("recommended" is the default ones)

To be honest, I rather go into CLI mode if I wanna know alot more, because at the beginning development, CLI is more powerful than GUI, yet you need some learning curves to master that

2. barkmarkin

barkmarkin Member

GPU:
    5700XT Nitro Plus
    So I have a question, I installed just like in the picture, Without selecting anything, Do I have to chose anything for it to install default or is installing exactly like I have in the picture the default reccomended way?

3. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    choose recommended option for all of that settings (for example, the GPU queue extension recommended setting is Regular, so choose regular)

4. knasiotis

knasiotis Guest

GPU:
    rx 580 4gb & 3060ti
    I tried upgrading to nimez after chipset drivers, screen tears errors and black screen. However, after clean installing nimez I can now downgrade parts via the chipset installer? Do you believe there is merit in trying for the freesync option? Would any of these options bring freesync? Does it only have to do with the display driver?

EDIT: sorry for the greek in the attachment

Attached Files:

5. MADba11

MADba11 Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4Gb
    And that is exactly, what I'm talking about. The new inexperienced user should be told what these tweaks are, or at least what the default choices are, so that he won't select them at random or something.
    But in some tweaks neither the menu options nor the "?" buttons make it clear what options are "default" ones. Would the tweaks be set to default ones if you don't choose anything and leave them at "select" option? I don't think installer doesn't clarifies it in any way. What about Radeon Profiles? What should you choose there? There is no explanation at all as to what it does.
    Right now I just don't see the advantage of the new GUI setup over the old one, since the old one explained the tweak choices better.
    It's easily fixable though. Just copy the tweaks descriptions from CLI into GUI mode's "?" prompts.

6. REDDLINE

REDDLINE New Member

GPU:
    XFX AMD RADEON RX 6
    Hi recently installed 22.11.2SE yesterday, saw it was reuploaded today maybe 30 minutes ago, was there any changes made that I should reinstall?
    Also what's the difference between V7-22.11.2SE and V7-22.11.2.

7. energie80

energie80 Guest

GPU:
    6950xt
    lost 15 fps on mw2 benchmark over amd oem drivers, any idea?

erfan likes this.
  8. erfan

erfan New Member

GPU:
    5700xt
    Yes me too!
    AMD 22.11.2 i got : 190
    NimeZ 22.11.2 with tweaks: 179 and w/o tweaks 175!
    it's weird!

9. Ko3MoS

Ko3MoS Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    I apologise if my question was asked previously by anyone else. It's been awhile since (GCN Pre-Polaris) got some love and I don't mean to rush anything, but any news about a new driver for GCN 1/2/3 architecture ?

10. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    saying it is weird without explaining what tweaks you applied is much easier than fix it. Please tell it more detailed, we are not witches here

11. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    I think you overlooked it at the dropdown boxes, it's clear there are "recommended" options when you click on it. Even with or without good explanation, more people will ask about it, unless they want to observe it by themselves

"Don't see any advantage"
    Express Installation is one of them :p

12. energie80

energie80 Guest

GPU:
    6950xt
    the one recommended in the youtube vid

13. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    - try to tune down MPO level (either 3/5/driver level only)
    - I think you need to observe more tweaks at nzsetupCLI > GPU tweaks (last number at the bottom). And there are new tweaks at page 3, too.

this time, I don't need to help you, but you help me to figure out new tweaks (if you have willings to try)

14. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    - Primitive Shader
    - NGG (Next Gen Geometry)
    - GPU Culling
    - GPU Queue Extension Mode
    - Conservative Rasterization
    - Driver Kernel Logging

15. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Polaris/Vega/Navi 22.11.2 Discovery Edition - Retail Driver Released
    Changelog similar to SE Edition

16. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    No Changes in SE Driver, just Quality Reupload for Faster Download Speed

OEM Driver and AMD Retail Driver.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    terry_bogard_sv and REDDLINE like this.
  17. REDDLINE

REDDLINE New Member

GPU:
    XFX AMD RADEON RX 6
    Awesome, thank you!

18. kbzona

kbzona Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 560X
    Hello, im having problems with some opengl games... when in fullscreen the refresh rate (hz) is capped at 50hz...
    Tried all tweaking options and versions in the installer to no avail...
    The only thing that fixes it, is a restart or.... using official AMD drivers....

I really like these drivers

Anyone willing to help? ¡

Windows 10 latest+ Ryzen 3 2200g + RX 560X gpu

Thanks in advance

19. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Try These OpenGL Workaround. Copy and Save on notepad as registry file.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; SELECT ONLY ONE SECTION WHICH YOUR GPU HAVE
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; SECTION 0000
    ; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\OpenGL]
    "OGLWaitVerticalSync"=dword:00000000
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0001
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0002
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0002\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0003
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0003\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; OPENGL SERVICE SECTION, DON'T REMOVE THEM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

20. kbzona

kbzona Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 560X
    Unfortunately, it didnt work,
    I saved all the code in a .reg file, added to the reg, rebooted and nothing

The
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-
    Won't be added to the registry because they don't have a "type"... They must be a dword ?