AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Stop creating noise and baseless conjecture across literally every facet of this community.

I'll be happy to lend you a hand in taking some action to remedy your system.

Agonist and Aserback like this.
  2. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    I'm back to 22.11.1 and no more black screens while watching videos...
    upload_2022-12-3_21-20-52.png

Despite this version supposedly having them.
    upload_2022-12-3_21-21-30.png

My only monitor is a GSync 100Hz (old), so fixed refresh rate with Radeon, 3440x1440x100 Hz. So not falling in the "some 240Hz refresh rate displays" category.

The problem appeared immediately after installing 22.11.2, I don't think I've spent 50 mins on Youtube before the first black screen ( I thought my CPU crashed again, it was unstable in the past due to overclocking... but right now it's not overclocked ). But then, again, and again, at least 4 times in the last two days since this version was released.

Whatever they seemingly fixed... just moved the problem from the 240 Hz displays to the 100 Hz display which I have.
    I've already reported this with the bug reporting tool. Hopefully it will be fixed for real in the next version. Until then, 22.11.1 seems to work fine for me.

3. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Try DDU rule out any driver install corruption also disable windows driver updates its complete trash.

edit:
    Had my first partial system freeze on other psu this time the gpu driver crashed this is very rare, im not gonna waste anymore time and just put back my old psu in.

if already done extended test on everything including storage, i never find any fault its purely either AMD hardware is trash or gpu driver is trash, the gpu driver has given me nothing but probably for more then a year, and has been unstable for half a year.

edit: reason i think its a shader issue is in Elden Ring if shader is missing for the black bars it will render in full aspect ratio cos the black bar shaders need to be generated they always bug out first launch but as soon you start it a 2e 3e or 4e time black bars instantly appears, this is why i suspect it in wow to cause my gpu driver crashes which crashes double probably when it fully freezes, so clearing shader cache may stop my gpu driver crashes hopefully but i am probably wrong as usual, least its not my power supply, so i don't have to worry about having shortend my hardwares lifespan

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  4. Andy_96

Andy_96 Active Member

GPU:
    Gig-te 4090 Aero OC
    What hack, can't find it. I know about modded drivers, but I don't like unofficial stuff.

5. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I would honestly try the radeon pro drivers they can be more stable, those dont give me any MPO issues btw which quite odd least 22.Q3 if not tested 22.Q4 yet

6. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Download the Amernime Zone drivers(no need to install) ---> run NzSetupCLI ---> choose Experimental Driver Profile(choice 2) ---> open Guide(choice 4). It should open your web browser to show the location of the two entries you need to edit in the registry(to make it same as NAVI2).

You can also save following instructions for possible future use...

What it shows:

Configure Regular DX and DXNAVI without Reinstalling

1. Open registry and navigate, depending on gpu installed on your system will up to 0003 or 0004

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

2. Find sections D3DVendorName and D3DVendorNameWow

Right-click the D3DVendorName string and select Modify - change both of the atidxx64.dll entries to amdxx64.dll
    For D3DVendorNameWow you change the two atidxx32.dll entries to amdxx32.dll

Reboot

You can check the entries to be sure it worked.

AMD is pointing to different .dll files depending on the GPU architecture used(how it looks like to me, anyways).

rdna3, Cryio and Andy_96 like this.
  7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah, RTSS OSD says VULKAN so it is applying... I am just getting ridiculously bad performance when anything happens in the game. I mean, I shouldn't be getting 32 fps in a seven year old game with a 6800 XT - it is crazy. My buddy has a 3080, doesn't need DXVK, and has zero performance issues. This is the first time I have had worse performance than a 3080 in raster.

Just so annoying

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Tried re-doing the dxvk-cache file?

Exostenza, Krteq and AsiJu like this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    This, also erase driver's own shader cache

Exostenza, MerolaC and Krteq like this.
  10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Hmmm, where would I find the cache for DXVK?

Thanks for the input!

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    If you didn't change its path to where it's generated, it should be where the DLLs are.

You can also, make it generate in another place like this.

DXVK Cache path.png

Exostenza likes this.
  12. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Thanks for reply, I have not customised a cache location and I do not have one in the folder where the .dll files are.

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Are you 100% sure?

It should have the name of the game's exe.

Yakuza0.dxvk-cache

Like that, for example.

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Unfortunately, I am pretty damn sure. Maybe it is because it is a DX9 game?

LoL, I can't figure out how to get an image to post on this forum. I can insert it into here and see it in the preview but it doesn't translate to the post...

https://i.ibb.co/r6z6cC4/Screenshot-2022-12-04-170806.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You can upload pic directly, click the Upload A File button below when posting.
    Just make sure file isn't too large, compress or resize if needed.

If the DXVK_STATE_CACHE environment variable is not defined dxvk will not generate cache files but it's recommended to do so.
    You have to create the variables yourself.

Also you must have DXVK_ASYNC = 1 variable for the async compiling to work with async build.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Exostenza and Krteq like this.

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, you have both d3d9 and dxgi libs in exec folder. Library dxgi.dll is required only for DX11 API

Exostenza likes this.
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Are you sure about that?
    I never had to do the EV for state cache for it to generate the cache files. Since, if it is not defined, it created it where the DLL is.

Exostenza likes this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Pretty sure, note state cache and state cache path are different variables.
    So you can enable caching without defining a path.

Also fairly sure defining the path will enable caching too even if the other variable is missing.

Try it, delete both variables or set them to 0 and you shouldn't see a cache file anymore even in location.
    Unless this behavior changed recently, haven't used dxvk for a bit.

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yes, i just tried it with no EV and it created it.
    It's DXVK Async v1.9.1 if I remember correctly.

1.png

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      712 KB
      Views:
    Exostenza and AsiJu like this.
  20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    State Cache is created by default/undefined, and will do so in dll dir if not defined. (According to notes posted by author)

Exostenza and AsiJu like this.