The Witcher 3 Next-Gen version Visualized

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 25, 2022.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    OMGS Are you allowed to write that? Out loud.....?

I too I'm not a fan... but I played loads but never finished it

2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    On ps5 is it having rt enabled at 30fps or 60fps with no rt ?

3. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I'm think that many will be satisfied with this update. And what many fail to understand is that this is a NEXT GEN update, NOT as much for PC but MORE for CONSOLES.
    For PC you can add many modes but on consoles the game was almost the same as when it first came out.
    If you compare a PS4 VS PS5 or a XBOX ONE vs XBOX X the difference is big...
    I thing it wil be only 30fps at first, maybe after but ...

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'll test and see for myself when it's out. I highly doubt that it will look worse than the original, TW3 is their favorite child after all.

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Have they added proper HDR support?… Meaning an in-game toggle not auto HDR.

6. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Probably not because they would have to remaster HDR picture levels which I don't think they did, it's not a proper remaster of the game is it?

7. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    for those who asked why sometimes when RT ON then the detail of surfaces (or texture) were worse than non RT (RT OFF); this is a simple explanation about that. In Ray Tracing ON,it will need a "de-noise" process, this will make final image will slightly blur. And this would getting worse if developer decide to set RT sampling to lowest value to maintaining game performance; higher noise, higher de-noise process, more blurry image result. This was opposite with "baking"/pre-cached lighting and shadows (but have weakness with objects which need a dynamic lighting and shadows because their movement).

for temporary to solve this blurry effects caused by denoise, some dev. added a sharpener shader to re-gain image details. Maybe in the future, if the GPU already have their power, we can run RT with higher sampling without too much having performance loss (especially at higher resolution ~ higher res then need more power to de-noise it (wider area to be de-noise)).

I have seen NVIDIA made some awesome progress related to RT de-noise with their OptiX. But it still far far away for real-time rendering (but now you can get it 30fps@1080p with a RTX 4090 ~ which is super cool. at least we are so happy to see how it movement smoothly on 3D apps view-port in full shading mode.)

pedropaulo likes this.
  8. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    TW4, FO5, GTA6, TES6 should all feature full scale real-time Path Tracing to truly push next-gen Graphics. It's my dream to see PT being implemented in video games the right way like RT implementation in CP2077 for example.

Undying and AuerX like this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    GPU are not advanced enough for that, not even close not unless you like hit to performance or dont care

I will probably install the nextgen on ps5 when it released, which will mark first time i even installed the game on any platform

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    Solfaur likes this.
  10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sad, we’ll see soon I guess. HDR makes such a difference esp. when done well and on an oled (or good mini-led).

Isn’t this game being redone in UE5?

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Does it look as good as the version they showed off 6 months prior to releasing the game?

12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    That was never an actual game. Just a custom tailored pre-rendered CGI trailer. There was technically no downgrade because that first version never existed as a game or a playable slice.

RT won't make it look like that trailer because the animations, models, textures, etc. are totally different.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I rest my case, the update includes HDR but its built in. Meaning you cant adjust anything, it looks good though especially on lg oled tvs with windows 11 hdr calibration done, hgig. I recommend to go to the DX12users config files in your documents folder and change paperwhite levels to 350 for hgig in hdr. Just enable windows hdr.

The game is missing sliders, so we dont know what the game is trying to output, but you can take a screenshot and then use the hdr+WCG viewer tool to check what maxCll is estimated, it will be very high. So that is why its best to use hgig and not DTM on for now for best experience , until we get hdr picture level sliders in game.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    They could have used HDR for "deep color" output (10-bit or whatever) without actual HDR. But maybe they were afraid the internet would react with "they did fake HDR!!!" and thus hurt their PR.

15. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well its confirmed now that it uses native HDR based on system level calibration on windows 11 and also on PS5/series X. Funny how they manage to implement good HDR but not fix the raytracing performance issues...