NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    Yup. It seems to work fine in the games I tried it with.

2. Colocopia

Colocopia Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3
    I see. Not sure we have the same problem.
    My main monitor, ASUS VG27AQL1A was turning off (black screen) seemingly at random. Then, I got to notice that everytime I opened MWII the black screen occurred.

I've turned G-sync off two days ago and haven't seen the issue occur anymore, and I've kept 526.98 since release.

3. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    At least in my case, it's like a super quick flicker on my one and only monitor, an LG C1 television. The screen goes blank for about 1/4 second like it lost signal or something. With the normal settings I typically use (gsync on, 117fps. cap, low latency on, vsync forced on), it would do that every few minutes. Often rapidly a couple times in a row. With "maximum performance" on, it happens every hour or two.
    Not enabling gsync would be a giant "NO" for me. At that point, I'd keep going back to older drivers until one worked fine. That's too big of a feature for me to just bail on.

4. escape75

escape75 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12G
    Darren Hodgson likes this.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you please fill out the driver feedback form an so that we can look into this?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Can you also download MediaInfo and export the codec information from one file that shows this issue and email it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com in case it is specific to certain video formats?
    https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you please fill out the driver feedback form an so that we can look into this?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Can you also download MediaInfo and export the codec information from one file that shows this issue and email it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com in case it is specific to certain video formats?
    https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

7. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

caleb59 and XantaX like this.
  8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    The option is not new, I always use / used Prefer Maximum Performance since the option was added, I never have problems with full throttle while gaming OC ed :)
    But it's good to see that the option also can solve issues, or partly.....

[Edit :] I have always G-Sync on 1440p

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    There will always be a reason to fix issues tough? a never-ending story :)

10. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    I'm getting massive flickering/flashing on my UberRig with the 2x RTX 3090 Ti FE in SLI ONLY in both Spider-Man games (Remastered & Miles Morales).

Have 526.98 installed. Every other games works just fine but these two are unplayable due to crazy flashing/flickering (as soon as the menu comes up to enter the game). Tried various graphics settings (RTX ON/OFF, Medium settings, Max settings etc. to no avail).

HELP!

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Get rid of the SLI and problems will be gone.

Passus, HoWxCoRe and chispy like this.
  12. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    It worked fine just about a week ago before updating to the latest drivers; plus, SLI doesn't even work in these games (aka DX12 MGPU).

13. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Then it should be a driver problem i presume or DX12 stripped MGPU ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    finally, we can watch 8K60 HDR without frame drops

There are some drops on the 60, but it might be just bug in the browser or youtube or whatever, gpu is 55% and cpu is barely 7%

upload_2022-11-25_12-51-47.png

upload_2022-11-25_12-54-30.png

XantaX and Cave Waverider like this.
  15. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Hi. I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:
    2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    Error occurred on GPUID: 100

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

16. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Sorry if this has been mentioned , but sometimes in Windows 11 22H2 i get random black squares occasionally.
    They are very rare and occur randomly without any reproducible pattern, happens only on desktop and not in any games.
    This issue goes back to about 2 to 3 months ago when i bought the RTX 3070 so all drivers since then exhibit the same behavior
    My gpu is just fine plays all games great without any issues no oc on anything.
    This is just a very minor annoyance as it rarely happens and when it does it only last a couple of seconds.
    Just curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior.

caleb59, venturi and SatsuiNoHado like this.
  17. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    No idea if anyone else has had this issue. But I've reverted back to an older driver since this one gave me some odd artifacts (I guess I'll call it) in games.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Disabling Screen Space Reflections in my games ( Control / ACV / Cyberpunk 2077 ) makes the white dots go away.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  18. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    yeah i got that small black square 4 times appeared randomly until now and always the upper left screen on my desktop too.

caleb59 likes this.
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Twice I bought a launchday card (1080ti and 3090) and havent regretted either apart from the cost of the 3090 was steep.
    But it looks like I got pretty lucky on my particular 3090 due to poor component choice by certain AIBs on none high end cards, requiring a driver fix to get things stable.
    This launch isnt any better, worse in reality because I can't advise the most stable or safe card to get due to generic problems that are yet to be resolved (no matter the price) or even formally presented to us as understood!
    It doesnt matter there is actual stock, it appears bad issues have become the norm at launch meaning early purchase should be avoided for some time.
    And then theres the price.
    I see next gen being an apology release. Sad.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    from what i can tell, the madvr hdr issue occurs after the driver has previously been in a resolution lower then native

ManuelG is still waiting on kernel dump files when this is occurring.