NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but 526.98 + 526.86 required reboot and after reboot, my screen had no input (LG C9)...

on 526.86, i was able to reboot 2 more times, and finally the login screen came up, and then windows installed some old driver (like 452.x or something). Then when i tried to run the 526.86 installer to complete installation it complained about a pending reboot... So i rebooted 1 more time, and then the installer ran and finished updating to 526.86.

on 526.98, it was worse, screen wouldn't come up until i booted into safe mode, then i ran DDU, and was able to boot into normal windows (i hardly ever use DDU, normally there is no need). After installing drivers, and rebooting again (it wanted to reboot), the screen got weird, wavy almost like an old CRT that had tracking issues ( it was defaulted to my normal res 4k@100hz). I switched to 4k@60hz and then back to 4k@100hz, and everything seems ok now.

I'm just worried that something in Win11 does not like having no driver on boot (or it sees the Intel integrated graphics and is confused), or the installer is doing something wrong in the order of operations. It could also be some combination in my config, who knows, lol...

CPU: i9-12900k (with intel UHD 770)
    GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3090 Turbo 24G
    Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra (BIOS F20, date 2022/11/03)
    Display: LG C9 (with "Enable settings for the selected model" checked on in Gsync settings)

2. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Do you have integrated graphics disabled in your bios? If not it might help if you do. I always disable that and onboard audio

3. Mei Meigi

Mei Meigi Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Do you use PowerToys?
    My 3090 got similar issue with the Awake utility, in the end I have to DDU and turn off the Awake utility.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    So does anyone know what they mean when they say, "Introduces support for HDR10+ GAMING standard?"

HDR10+ supposedly adds features like dynamic tone mapping, so I'm guessing the driver will now support those extended features?

5. andy rett

andy rett Member

GPU:
    3090/16gb
    is there any nvngx_dlss.dll for DLSS3 ?

6. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    in theory, it is, but it's nvidia we are talking here, so they are not going to give any support for those old cards lol

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    As far as I can tell, the library responsible for DLSS3 Frame Generation is nvngx_dlssg.dll, some games seem to also have nvngx_dlfi.dll related to it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    andy rett likes this.
  8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    looks superb Dlss3.

Also, 3060 DLss 2 quality is better, no stuttering anymore in gotham knights and more games, screen tearing is past tense with this driver, not rare, medium but well-done NVidia

Mw2 is a different story

9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes it is a good driver after a long time.

Archvile82 and loracle like this.
  10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Played it one time with 526.98 driver all ok, i'll retry, sometimes bugs appears the second time, but i think its all good as i played for hours :)

XantaX likes this.

11. Hiku

Hiku Member

GPU:
    4080 @3.0/25Ghz
    Updated UEFI?
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/n...tx-4090-and-rtx-4080-blank-screen-issues.html

12. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yes, lol. I literally installed Power Toys yesterday a few hours before installing these drivers. Was thinking it might have caused an issue.

Also I probably should disable the integrated Intel gpu, only had it enabled recently because I was testing using it for hdmi audio separate, but I dont think i need it.

I just was mentioning it here in case @ManuelG sees it. Seems like an issue Nvidia might want to fix in their installer.

Mei Meigi likes this.
  13. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I have no clue why but my desktop clocks are back to normal after.... Resets and resets.... but Desktop clock okay.

14. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    For the love of Christ who do I have to ask for the millionth time from NVidia to fix the problem with NVidia Screen Recorder always going back to DEFAULT LOCATIONS on every restart of machine!!

The drive I set it to F: does not mount until after Windows loads!

Stop checking drive existence and resetting the location on startup - JUST LEAVE IT WHERE I SET IT!!

Every reboot resets it to:
    upload_2022-11-17_17-48-13.png

Where I have to go back and set it EVERY TIME:
    upload_2022-11-17_17-48-26.png

Sajittarius likes this.
  15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    getting nvidia driver crashed and reset error message with Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order 1.10 version

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video8
    Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I'm using the DX12 command and HDR all Ultra.

I didn't try older drivers, I just started playing it...... anyone else can check?? it take like 5-15 min to crash, just moving to new areas, it's just the first level and 2 crashes......... the game sound actually keeps going! but there is a little window shows error and the video freeze.

I played Shadow of the Tombraider 4K RT ULTRA SMAAx4 DX12 for 8 hr and never had a crash.

EDIT ups it seems there is no need to run dx12 command for this game, it doesn't support it. even though msi afterburner said it runs dx12.. lol for now it doesn't crash with dx11. been 20 min

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    caleb59 likes this.

16. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
  17. Imperialegacy19

Imperialegacy19 New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I had the same GPUID: 100 crash twice since the hotfix driver 526.61 back in 5th Nov. Immediately rolled back to 526.47 and zero crashes. Will defer updates until they sort it out.

caleb59 likes this.
  18. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090
    Driver works badly with AB. Stable UV isn't possible. There must be some changes in the driver architecture >= 526.98 concerning this issue. Back to UV stable 526.86.

19. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    All good here, but I ain't got a 40xx series, nor Shitto11, so it will be ;)

20. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I've been using these since release on Win 11 22h2 and no issues at all on a multitude of different games and engines, HAGS/Rebar both on. @4K Performance is good as well, at least on my setup. 5700x, 32Gb 3200,3080 12Gb.

Undying, Xtreme512 and Cave Waverider like this.