AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.3 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Macer, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Stuttering or screen flickers may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Chrome issues still affect some people. You can try disabling MPO to improve the situation.

Possible trigger reasons are as follows:
    1. When the screen refresh rate is higher than the video frame.
    2. Configure multiple computer monitor devices.
    3. Use window mode to play games and during video playback using hardware acceleration with Chrome at the same time.

Solution: After updating to NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 461.09 or newer, some desktop apps may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations

wuest3nfuchs likes this.
  2. Hardc0rHamburger

Hardc0rHamburger Member

GPU:
    AMD 6800
    These are the first drivers that actually might replace 22.5.1 for me. Pretty darn good so far.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @Mott You mentioned in another thread you installed AMD GPU drivers on a desktop and laptop. Which laptop?

4. Roman9441

Roman9441 Member

GPU:
    GTX970 4GB
    I don't think so I have 4 pc gaming with almost same setup it happens random it rarely happens but it happens with 2 of my RX6600 Mech , But still never happens with RX6600 Eagle and RX6600 Pulse. It will be good if AMD really investigate it since it happens both windows 10/11 both fresh install but only mention windows 11

5. Nicholas Bond

Nicholas Bond Active Member

GPU:
    Rx6900xt
    Update:- After the install/ repair over the top of the first install of these with factory reset , the performance and visual quality greatly improved

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    The Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 2021 model, I have the same.

Exostenza likes this.
  7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    Everyone is getting crashes, PS, Xbox, PC(Nvidia and AMD) so I don't think it's unique to AMD

HD64G likes this.
  8. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Her is how I install my drivers.
    I know its quirky but if you like you may want to try it.
    So, I use DDU and I select uninstall for new card.
    Then when the PC shuts down, I pull the bios battery to completely reset the PC. Like its then ready for a new card (do you follow).
    I then boot into bios and set it all up and then once out of safe mode and logged in I install the drivers.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  9. Andy_96

Andy_96 Active Member

GPU:
    Gig-te 4090 Aero OC
    Man, I thought I'm overthinking with the DDU cleaning every time

HD64G and vestibule like this.
  10. ant_sh

ant_sh Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    You are overdoing it with the whole CMOS reset thing. AMD cleanup utility / DDU is enough.

HD64G, vestibule and z8373767 like this.

11. I change way too many settings to consider resetting BIOS, but I do reset it thoroughly with the battery-pull when reinstalling operating systems. I don't know specifics, but apparently some BIOS retain settings when using the GUI factory-reset/defaults, but battery-pulling clears it.

I don't know if there's really a benefit to doing a BIOS reset with a driver update on Windows, or at least with AMD graphics drivers. I'm assuming the display driver on an OS doesn't interact with the motherboard's firmware in any way, so the motherboard shouldn't care about the driver status.

Reminds me of the 4K@60Hz HDMI issues I had with several RX 580 GPUs. It would snow/cut-out frequently on the XFX and MSI RX 580s I had, but rarely on a SAPPHIRE one; something about HDMI is just flaky on Polaris seemingly. A GTX 1060 and RTX 3060 on the same display and same cables (even my longest 15ft one) worked fine without cut-outs, and seemingly the 6600 XT I have is fine too.

I didn't think vendors varied much with GPUs, but that might be what's up with some people having the black screens.

vestibule likes this.
  12. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Ok, I have had time to play a decent amount of games and do my general computing with this driver and I must say that, yet again, AMD has provided me with a pristine driver for my gaming and computing needs! I haven't tried it on the Laptop (G513QY) yet but on the desktop is has zero issues after installing it right over 22.10.2 through the auto update feature in the control panel. All my games perform better than drivers previous to the 22.10.x series and I haven't found a single issue with apps and windows so far either. I hope AMD keeps knocking it out of the ballpark as their drivers have been one slam dunk after another for months on end now.

Everyone with stability issues (black screens, timeouts, etc...) should try increasing specific IO voltages as that is how I stabilized my PC so long ago. I wrote a nice little write up about it on reddit which deals with Intel machines but the same principle should apply to AMD machines as well by increasing the SoC voltage (I believe that is it but it could be other voltages as well).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/lfgzst/psa_how_i_fixed_my_black_screen_issue_and_further/

BTW I made my account here on G3D before I changed my name to Exostenza so if anyone knows someone that goes by that name, well, that is me!

Hope that helps at least one person.

Happy gaming!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  13. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    So, like I say my method is a little quirky and you can try if you like. You may find it either alleviates or makes more problems for your gaming?!
    The reasoning behind my method is this: Plenty of stuff with w10+ talks to the UEFI from the OS so to speak, metaphor, not like the old days of basic BIOS.
    so, I just reset my hardware for the OS and new drivers, a true clean slate so to speak outside of a clean install of the OS.
    But yeah, just like an elephant's foreskin the big drawback here is resetting up of the UEFI bios.. :rolleyes:

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Still a you issue.

15. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Installed and running without issue so far, RX 6750 XT Red Devil & Windows 11 Pro - 22H2, OS Build: 22621.755.

16. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Guys, I'm serious, what's MPO? I feel I'm out of the loop.

17. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
  18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Oh, so it's some 9 years old tech? Why is it a thing everyone is talking about all of a sudden?

19. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    From what I've read, it's basically what DLSS/FSR/XeSS already do, or what games have been doing for a decade (Battlefield 3 even?), where UI was kept at native rez while games had an in-game rez scale for the actual 3D rendering.

So what's new about this?

20. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Even Unreal 4 has this capability built in since 2015 or 2016.