The Witcher Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Oct 26, 2022.

1. gQx

gQx Active Member

GPU:
    2060/6144
    well the best choice for a side project for them actually. Hope they won't forget we are waiting a new game too not a remake

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Awesome!

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Will repost this message in 3 years when game is still in development.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    they need to keep the clunky control scheme for PC or it won't be the same

Witcher29 likes this.
  6. Abd0

Abd0 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060 6GB
    The first game's combat was not turn based.....you just needed to time your mouse clicks to perform strike combos

7. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    to much gimpworks for it to be any good. the hole engine needs stripping away from the nvidia ties. it makes games stutter, there is no future for this engine.

8. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Now we need TES 3: Morrowind, TES 4: Oblivion, Gothic 1, Gothic 2 Remasters in UE5/Unity/CryEngine and the nostalgia will be completed.

9. Ivrogne

Ivrogne Master Guru

GPU:
    a GPU
    Fun fact : it was never a turn based combat to begin with.

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Pfft, whatever it was called, it was still crap to me :)

11. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    First game is probably the #1 for me in the series. Might not be as slick as 3 or as pretty as 2 (which I always found to be a bit of a slog to play), but it was certainly special back when it came out. Sure, it was wonky and broken and so on, but it was new and different from everything that came before it.

I don't really fancy a remake.

BlindBison and Solfaur like this.
  12. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Hope not. Nonsensical whitespace < focused story space.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Turn based combat, lol... :D i liked it. But i also liked Gothic1 combat.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    So by the time it comes out, UE5 will be old news and there's gonna be UE6 :p

Undying and WhiteLightning like this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Like others have said, it`s not turn based combat but timing based combat.

At first i also hated the combat but i gave it a second shot and after i got used to it, i started to like it because it was different from other games and made sense on a RPG.

I feel the same.

I`m with Almond on this one, for me the first Witcher is the best of the series because it had a different feel from other RPGs.

The sequels sacrificed that difference and started copying ideas from other games, losing the game`s identity.

AlmondMan, Prince Valiant and Solfaur like this.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    first first Witcher in general is an amazing game. underrated and also game-play somehow clunky. still a gem for me.

great news.. i would enjoy a Witcher remake.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I tried to play it many years ago. But gave up on it because of the very clunky gameplay.
    So I'm eager to be able to play the story, but with a new coat of paint and new game mechanics.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I would assume it to be out in 3 years period.
    I don't think they want to repeat of Cyberpunk scenario of announcing a game several years before it even begins proper production.

The fact that it was announced and connected from investor oriented codename to a proper project means to me that at the very least it's in middle/late preproduction and begins proper production.
    From that point onward, sure it may take 2-3 years (although just remaking Witcher 1 as closely as possible would mean _mostly_ working off existing blueprint for story, characters and locations which means bulk of work is only related to creating assets and assembling that into a game).
    Honestly, it would likely be sooner than most people think, especially since it's outsourced and core of the game is technically already written and designed and only slight "modernizations" are needed in some aspects.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Also depends on whether or not they will stick with the original gameplay mechanics, or rework them entirely, to resemble witcher 3 (which i personally hope).

20. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I don't doubt they will, while Witcher 3 combat and core loop was very basic due to everything extra that was planned being cut - it was serviceable and served its purpose even if it didn't go step ahead out of the mold.
    I fully expect it to be modeled after W3, dice poker to be replaced with gwent and sex cards to be removed entirely.

I assume they'll expand locations to be something more than W1 narrow lanes with invisible walls but at the same time i don't expect them to do an open world. Likely it'll just be a smaller scale W3 hub based design where you'll have 3-7 different medium sized to bigger hubs that are only connected via loading screens.