Non-X Ryzen 7700 rumored to have 8 cores and a much lower 65 Watt TDP

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Rumours about Ryzen 7700 (no X) already? Sales must indeed suck. God forbid them to lower prices so they could sell!

2. toffty

toffty Member

GPU:
    AMD 290
    What's really killing me atm is the lack of USB4 on the new AMD mobos. If I'm paying that much for new hardware I want to be future proofed too.

Edit: And that are affordable. Only AM5 mobos w/ USB4 are $400+ (US)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I agree, if you are selling future proof then it needs to be future proof across the board.
    Id rather they spend their money on better connectivity that a million phases for OCing, certainly when for the most part OCing the CPU is no longer relevant.
    How about a 670 E MOBO that can run a CPU at stock speeds, no LED's, no pointless extras, no SATA, a single x16 PCIe slot, two RAM slots and three NVMe connector.
    Use the money save to add enough next gen connectivity and decent OB sound. A gamers dream.

toffty likes this.
  4. toffty

toffty Member

GPU:
    AMD 290
    So much this! Though, for me, I'd at least like to see a single x16 pci-e for GPU then 2x x1 pci-e for things like soundcard and any other expansion cards, not the current additional x16 slot as dual GPU setups are a thing of the past. Leaves plenty of lanes for m2 drives

pegasus1 likes this.

5. DrDoU

DrDoU Guest

GPU:
    power color rx6800
    in all honesty i think AMD misjudged what they could ask for their new product and are taking it on the chin. The cpus and ram are probably alright the motherboards; they new better.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    how often is a person even going to use usb4, I dunno about you but I very rarely use anything that uses more than a usb2, I suppose it makes sense for external storage, however realistically how many people are going to be regularly moving files on and off their computer large enough to make the time saved from usb4 actually meaningful, as usb 3.2 gen2 is already at >2GB/s.

7. toffty

toffty Member

GPU:
    AMD 290
    That's a fair point but if I'm buying the mobo for 3-4 years AND if i'm buying it for $300 (US) or more then I expect it to have current tech.

There are plenty of people with usb based backup drives. Sure the difference between 10 and 40 gigs may be a minute or two at worst; but, again, this is an investment for years, just not today.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    While I agree with @user1 , I can see @toffty 's argument too if you are paying so much for a motherboard you want usb4 even if you never use it ... Mb makers really are trying to maximize profits hardcore.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I been thinking about a 13700 or 13600 65tdp cpu and reusing my NF-D14 on i been using with my 6700k, dont think reusing my ram would be good idea though I think 2400 ddr is showing it age, i think it was show it age back when i made the system.

Why_Me likes this.
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The next generation D15 should come out this year, it will be smaller than the current D15 but with 7 heatpipes.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    really? would not mind getting that, cause then i would have HSF for 6700k and i can keep that up as spare

wish i new about the next gen 140m fans before i bought 4 nf a14flx though