AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by alexia, Oct 21, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    stutter in both API but dx gives more fps

2. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    The bug was always present on firefox, it's just release noted now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...s_22102_optional_with_a_lot_of_fixes/it8d955/

illusiveman and HK-1 like this.
  3. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    1.jpg

The same as link posted by @Blisk

Jackalito and Blisk like this.
  4. Jenda

Jenda Guest

GPU:
    6700XT 12GB
    Good Drivers. Finally no visual graphics degradation (since 21.4.2) in GTAV (thus unplayable). It took AMD only 6 months to get drivers for gamers. I replicated that problem like with every driver set from 21.4.2 until now. And these are finally fine.
    Also, there is some performance upgrade in Firestrike Bench. Now 38600 GPU points with my awfull edition of 6700XT 12GB (only 194W TDP limited Bios - many thx MSI :( )
    So I can give them GREEN TO GO :)

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Installed, working lovely on the desktop and on my AMD Advantage lappy :) SmartShift is awesome. Watched it uplift power to GPU and bring my game from 4K @ 54 fps to 60 fps after a couple of minutes, while on the same map. It shifted 9% power from cpu to gpu and OC'd. Awesome.

Cryio and HD64G like this.
  6. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    That makes sense. Anyway I tested for a few hours and I have nothing to report. Firefox is working ok, just like it did with previous drivers. I guess this bug was never present on my PC.

Blisk likes this.
  7. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    So after playing a few games, testing. I decided to keep using these drivers. So about the Xbox emulator opengl issues:
    Xemu doesn't work with Buffy the vampire slayer
    Alternative use CXBX buffy the vampire slayer, both games work.
    Brute force doesn't work good on Xemu, doesn't even load up on Cxbx
    All other xbox games i have atm work perfectly fine in Xemu using opengl. So only certain games are affected.
    So its good to have both emulators, Xemu and Cxbx.
    Sadly going to missed playing Brute force, hopefully they update their OpenGL drivers , but i fear nothing is going to change until sometime early next year.
    Other than the slight opengl issues with certain games , the new drivers overall works great :)

illusiveman likes this.
  8. Andy_96

Andy_96 Active Member

GPU:
    Gig-te 4090 Aero OC
    You've installed them over the previous ones without a clean install?

9. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Don't know...just played a couple of solo matches on DX12. I let it do the shader cache in the menu and the first match was stuttering a lot but after 10 minutes in-game it was smooth. Second match had almost no stutter.
    DX11 was also fine but with a little more stuttering. Overall I would use DX12 in fortnite. At least on RDNA2, idk about your GPU....

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    They should do now, they hired a TON of new software engineers and developers over the last 6-9 months and have out sourced a lot of work too. A few friends of mine have done minor work on the control panel software as out side sources. They said there is tons of work avaliable and AMD seem to be pushing hard on their software atm. More than likely for current bug fixing but mostly for RDNA3 release.

I thought the drivers for Steam Deck were written by Valve. AFAIK AMD just supply the chips and Valve builds on the base Linux driver included in the kernal.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I did a clean factory install when I installed 22.10.1 over whatever was installed on the laptop by Asus. I did an upgrade install with 22.10.2. When I first got it I also installed latest chipset drivers.

Andy_96 likes this.

12. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    It's a combination of officially provided AMD driver, open source effort by contributors and some Valve employees.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  13. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    I would recommend communicating these compatibility issues with the Xemu team. They're a pretty cool bunch to work with. Same goes for RPCS3

I believe the issue is more likely to occur with high bandwidth video playback. I've tested that Costa Rica 4K sample vid on YouTube. Interestingly, "stats for nerds" doesn't show any drops, but you can notice a bit of hitching. This appears to be different somewhat to the chromium video playback issues

illusiveman, MyEinsamkeit and HD64G like this.
  14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I have the same laptop and have been able to install GPU drivers right over the old ones for months now with no need for DDU - AMD has upped their game and it has been paying off in spades over the last year. I barely ever DDU on my desktop anymore either.

Played some games today on these drivers on my desktop and they are buttery smooth with zero issues after installing them via the control panel with no DDU.

Andy_96 and pegasus1 like this.
  15. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    What is going on with the AMD website...
    Sometimes when I try to download the cleanup utility it leads to a page which has download options for 32 and 64bit versions and the icon of the executable is green.
    And other times it leads to a webpage which only has 1 download option and the icon of the executable is red.

Using the green one also uninstalls the PSP driver.
    So this is maybe an older version?

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    The green icon one is older.
    Use the universal black icon version. It's also inside the extracted drivers.

shm0 and somemadcaaant like this.

17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    I think he meant Steam deck driver for Windows.

You know, some people will like to have windows there instead of more performant Linux distro specially crafted for device with open source drivers mainly managed by AMD and Valve :rolleyes:

Stormyandcold likes this.
  18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I prefer to do what I want on Windows. I use my Steam Deck as a mini version of my desktop, not a separate thing.

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    So, you can use Steam deck in "dock" mode with full KDE desktop

Why do you want crippled performance etc.?

20. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well RPCS3 openGL issue is only some weird textures, but Vulkan works perfectly fine so i use that. As for Xemu, the only 3 games so far that runs awful are the Buffy the vampire games and Brute force, but other games i have work perfectly fine. I don't see what they could do, just have to wait until certain opengl has been added back and improved from the AMD team. But i would send them a message about it :)

21. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    untill they re-add GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, opengl will not work so good on rpcs, we cannot do nothing about that. and a lot of other emulators I bet would love it back too.