AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by D1stRU3T0R, Sep 30, 2022.

1. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    i always do set it like you on the posted pic,only fix is i use 22.5.1 see here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875987711

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875987763

Drivers higher than 22.5.1 and for comparison

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875912100

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2875987763

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I don't have that problem, display goes straight to SDR.
    Samsung Odyssey G7

3. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    The AF being present or not in various APIs and different driver version has been an ongoing discussion for a while. Never had the time to arrive at a conclusive statement

4. With Guild Wars 2 in DX11 mode and drivers 22.10.1, the in-game "Best Texture Filtering" option works and shows a significant difference when toggled. If I recall right, it forces 16x AF.

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Meanwhile...

Wat!!??? But the grass was so much greenier on the other side. With all those AMD radeon adrenaline complaint he had. He could never fix the problems that I never experienced. So he even posted that he went and bought the competitor product. He even posted It in this thread.

Now he's having issues with that card too in less then a few days? This is why you take people's complaints with a pinch of salt. Especially when you know that you yourself are not having that issue.

More often than not it's some sort of user issue. But need more detail to figure out what it is. Or, it may actually be in issue with the driver however, it's universal matter regardless of what side of the fence you're on. Don't make the same $1600 plus mistake.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  6. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    22.5.1 Hardware Acceleration is not perfect either but instead of black screening/timing out, it just silently fails.

22.10.1 switched to "DX9 Navi with regular DX11" (which 22.5.1 uses too) seems quite stable though.

//edit
    nvm
    just timed out again.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You forgot to mention his other issue with mouse pointer lag when using 1000 poll rate. Another known NV issue, kinda like our Enhanced Sync issue. :)

I won't be making that kind of mistake. I decided to forsake my desktop upgrades for now, and invested in a shiny new AMD Advantage laptop, with a 5980HX / 6800M, and will try out NimeZ drivers on it to enable Win 11's Multi GPU mode, so that I can use the discrete to it's best potential. Oh and it's coming delidded, Cryonaut and vapor chamber cooling. :B (My previous gamer lappy died 3 weeks after my extended warranty expired)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Fairly certain that guy has more than one hardware problem (mobo, cpu, ram,...) or a badly maintenanced system given all the issues.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Oh and browser problems with hw accel enabled was a recurring problem with nv too when I had an nv card last (rtx 2070).

So not exclusive to amd by any means and I'm thinking the browsers themselves are the problem, probably half assing the implementation and needing driver side workarounds.

That said, personally never had problems with hw accel enabled on firefox or edge with either vendor.
    Barring one particular radeon software version causing gray screen crash in chromium which was resolved in the next version.

10. diptadg

diptadg Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6700XT
    I've decided to test drive the 22.10.1 drivers with my 6700XT for like a week. My games work fine and that's all there's to it. I get blackscreens/driver timeouts when watching Netflix for extended periods. One other instance would be during Zoom meetings when many people have their cameras switched on and you try to switch to the "Gallery" mode. The latter is just plain and simple shameful because I have to rejoin the meeting again because I'm using inferior hardware and software from the Red team and getting the peasant customer experience.

And, not to mention the mouse stutters and system animation lag when trying to play videos on Chrome. Switching to D3D9 ANGLE backend partially fixes it but any hardware accelerated app running in the background can cause it i.e. Discord and Wallpaper Engine. It's honestly embarrassing and ridiculous how such basic functionality can be broken in their drivers when people are spending close to $1000 for their flagship gpus and the end user experience is like this. Does Amd expect their consumers to also sign up to be their beta testing guinea pigs when they buy into their products? Is that the case here?

Once again, I'd like to conclude my rant by saying that 22.5.1 is truly the golden driver and works flawlessly as expected.

RekidaLead and motoman26 like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I use discord (with hw accel enabled) and watch videos on YT all the time (edge) and often at the same time, and not once have had a driver timeout or mouse lag etc.

I also record videos using AMF HEVC encoding, either with radeon software or OBS, and no problems, except HEVC with OBS crashing doom eternal like clockwork but that also is an issue not everyone seems to have.

(OBS with AVC or radeon software with HEVC work fine with doom eternal)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats not a display driver issue, 1000hz polling fires too many interrupts on the core assigned to handle kernel interrupts.

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    tell that to X7007 since he pointed to it as a NV issue after reading about it in the NVIDIA forum.

I also use my mice at 1000 poll rate for years w/o any issues.

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Watching him post complaints (now it's gf exp. overlay) on the nv driver forum is like watching a train about to wreck going 10 mph. What's that 2-3 issues with his "new card" now in the last 3 days?

You honestly can't make this stuff up.

In any case I have no need to upgrade this time around. Since I know there are some fixes coming with the next driver release I decided to wait it out a bit. As I been fine with the previous drivers.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    he needs to reformat his system and rebuild it, starting with chipset drivers first before anything else. Then he wouldn't be having the issues he is facing. I wouldn't be surprised if he also needs a BIOS update. If anything, run Windows 11 installer from USB stick, and do an in-place upgrade over his existing install and keep apps and user data. He'd get a fresh device install setup, which is what he needs, and then install his chipsets, followed by redoing his other drivers. He'd be so happy, and also upset he blew his $$ on an AIB 4090 in Israel, where it's not $1599 cheap.

My laptop cost less than his card, and I can game anywhere.

MerolaC likes this.

16. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    UNCHARTEDâ„¢: Legacy of Thieves Collection will officially launch on October 19, 2022.

I think the Adrenalin 22.10.2 driver may be released in these days. (maybe...)

I will note the list of known issues.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    gpxjohn likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres an engine/game factor there, usually the ones that you're already cpu limited in will see an fps loss by going up to 1000,

This for example: https://forum.unity.com/threads/polling-1000hz-drastic-fps-drop.1270379/

those 8000hz mice are even worse at dropping performance

disabling c states tends to be a workaround for it.

boombastik likes this.
  18. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Off topic:

In old games direct x 7 era everything above 250 mhz tends to be problematic in some games.
    I use 250 mhz in all games that i have(new and old).

19. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Sounds like a very random thing. Not sure I believe it. Even if accounting for the "8 bit" number limitation.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what 8bit limitation?