Something is seriously wrong with windows 11 22h2.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Oct 14, 2022.

1. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    *FIXED* Power plan changes done in 22h2.

Getting very strange performance issues with windows 11 22h2.

The main issue seems to be the starting of games, sometimes it won’t load at all, just frozen until I alt tab a few times. I’ve used stock motherboard drivers, updated drivers, stock clocks, diagnostic checks and the issue just persists. So I Re-installed windows 11 21h2 and everything works perfect. I’d recommend you guys avoid this update.. Really strange.

Another thing is that’s it’s really sensitive to outdated drivers for example,my pcie lan card. It was causing blue screens when I plugged in the lan cable (wtf lol). Updated its drivers and it was fine. The chipset drivers failed first attempt also, had to restart to install properly.

i9 10900k 4.9ghz
    Gigabyte aorus z490 master
    32gb 4000 cl16-16-16-36 1.45v patriot viper
    Nvme 3.0 Samsung ssd
    2080 ti FE with latest drivers

Anyway I’ve reinstalled windows 11 21h2 and zero issues.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
  2. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Yeah, I never install the most recent version of an O.S, I wait for a while before doing so, there are always bugs.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    22h2 has none of these issues, fix your software environment, stop blaming the OS for skill issue.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I had the same problem on my main PC after the Windows 11 22H2 update (the others in the household were all fine, although I manually installed 22H2 on those as Windows Update didn't offer it for them while my main PC got it through Windows Update). I used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the video card driver and reinstalled it and everything has been running fine since then.

5. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    I actually took your advice and re-installed 22H2 and its giving the same issue with games sometimes refusing to start unless you alt-tab even after using DDU. 22H2 IS BROKEN. Back to 21H2.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    It's fine here, no issues with games.

alchemist83 and Agonist like this.
  7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Running an older, but well maintained system, and 22H2 has been trouble free here as well.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    alchemist83 likes this.
  8. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    If others report no issues, then you should not call it "broken". Issue is in your end.

alchemist83 and Agonist like this.
  9. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I’ve been in the insider ring for a long time. If anything it fixes a lot of issues related to multiple monitor setups.
    Specs are kind of similar to urs in a way. 10th gen intel with 64gigs 4000c18 (dropped down from 128gb slow one to this, kinda regret it)
    its definitely something on your end. Check for bios updates, chipset drivers.. somethings probably causing incompatibility.

Oh and for the sake of it try dropping your ram to 3800. This one fixed some issues i had with 22h2 regarding programs acting weird.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  10. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    I tried all solutions, i used 3600mhz cl14-16-16-16-36, 4000mhz cl16-16-16-36, BIOS updates, MEI Firmware updates, Driver updates, Diagnostics (all clear), Memory Diagnostic checks (all clear i use the two best ram check apps RAM TEST 1.1.0.0 and MemTestPro, CPU Tested with intel diagnostics(zero whea errors-tested with metro exodus, horizon zero dawn pre-caching and guardians of the galaxy). NVME health is good. Basically everything checks out fine.

So, the issue is the 22H2 operating system. Also, when i downloaded the iso earlier today using the media creation tool, i noticed the name was changed from mediacreationtoolw11.exe to just mediacreationtool.exe. Also, didn't get the error installing Intel Chipset driver but had to update my pcie lan card to avoid the bsod.

I secure erased and re-installed w11 21H2 due to the issues i'm getting with 22H2. It's definitely not my pc :)

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Nope, its not my end. I'm back on 21h2 and its working flawlessly.

Oh, the lan card is a TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter (TG-3468). I'm using this due to a defect with the motherboard lan port. Apparently with the z490 gigabyte aorus master mobo, the intel lan port is screwed. They fixed it in later revisions tho.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  12. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Bruh. It's on your end because like 4 people on this post don't have any of the issues you have, how you do not get this?

alchemist83 likes this.
  13. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Nope. It's not my end bruh. Don't try to gas light me. You may not have the same hardware set up as me so it may be "alright" with you but there's a issue with this version of windows on my system. I've tested it by installing both versions.

How i tested the issue on 22H2, Run the game dead cells, Play the game for a few seconds and then close the game back to desktop and Run it again right after. Try it for about 3 to 5 times, within those times the game is going to freeze at the MOTION TWIN logo and the AUTO HDR notification is going to show and go away. Its going to stay on that logo until you alt tab a few times and it works like normal.

Its not just that game but its done with others such as dishonored 2,doom eternal and more. On Version 21H2 22000.1098 ***ZERO ISSUES**. Tried it with the games i redeemed from reddit for buying a rtx 4090 (Ghostwire toyko and Dying light 2) and no issues also.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its your end, learn how to maintain a computer.

DanielRX, MartyL, fr33k and 2 others like this.
  15. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    lol anything you say I know it’s not anything of value. I blocked you a long time ago. I’ll keep in mind to ignore your further messages.

BoomSlang001 and aka2k like this.

16. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    ive had no problems with this update.

MartyL and alchemist83 like this.
  17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    could be a bad device,device driver or be bios related too, I had an older laptop that worked fine with win 10 1604 , but subsequent updates resulted in bugged irq allocation, caused by a change to one of the stock windows drivers. I wouldn't necessarily call it a windows bug, as it was likely a bug with the bios itself that simply was not triggered until the change was made.

Also if the lan port is bugged on your board , you might want to disable the onboard lan altogether in the bios if you haven't already.

alchemist83 likes this.
  18. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    IMO there's nothing to gain from Win11 right now if you're not on 12th gen or want to use Windows Subsystem for android. I recommend to stick with Win10 21H2 (or 22H2, coming soon) if you're not on 12th gen Intel.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    From a Windows Insider who was used 22H2 for a while, perhaps it's "Memory Integrity". I remember digital foundry had loading issues and I told them to disable it and it fixed their load issues.

This isn't a permanent solution, as it's an important security feature, but out of curiosity, see if it does solve your load problems by turning it off:

Windows Security → Device Security → Core Isolation → Disable "Memory Integrity". Restart the PC as instructed.

enkoo1, Kolt, BoomSlang001 and 2 others like this.
  20. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    Good suggestion, I have a question though. Isn't this a feature since Win10 v1803? Was it just enabled by default now in Win11 22H2?
    I know any users who upgraded their old windows install to v1803 or higher have it disabled by default. Not sure about clean installs.